10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

On 1/4/2020 at 12:06 PM, car50 said:

Agree with points raised

However, For some drivers BSM is still useful, especially on long drive when one is drifting out or drivers who are not usually alert

For some, it can be irritating as it bleeps when other cars come close

It only bleeps when you switch on the turn signal indicator...

I find it particularly useful in wet weather when your wing mirror and windows are all fogged up or covered with water droplets so that visibility is very poor...  

↡ Advertisement

On 1/2/2020 at 9:41 PM, DK3410 said:

Blind-spot sensors are actually not useful unless the wing mirrors are pathetically designed or adjusted.

I don't understand why our driving schools actually teach newbies to adjust the wing mirrors so that 1/3 of their own car's backside is visible in the wing mirror.

I mean, that 1/3 of your own car's backside isn't going to jump out and surprise you when you're switching lanes right? Good luck telling that to the traffic police when you get involved in a traffic accident where you buang a motorcycle because you failed to check your blind spot. "I'm sorry officer, I have to keep 1/3 of my own car's backside in the wing mirror because I'm constantly worried it will jump out and surprise me during lane change one day."

Which is why, even though my car has BSM, I actually do not rely on it too much. I prefer visual confirmation with a well-adjusted wing mirror plus a quick flick of the head and eye. I actually find that I often spot that motorcyclist in the wing mirror a split second before the BSM indicator light even comes on.

It's not meant to replace turning your head to check your blind spot...

17 hours ago, teomingern said:

It's not meant to replace turning your head to check your blind spot...

Yes indeed. It does help somewhat in times of poor visibility e.g heavy rain. But ultimately no safety tech is designed to replace safe, prudent driving.

looks like Civic has a new look.

Unfortunately, seem like no individual mode to custom set the steering wheel, suspension and engine, 

Sounds like they sticking to comfort , Sports and R+ mode for drivers setting.

Edited by Sdf4786k

19 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

looks like Civic has a new look.

Unfortunately, seem like no individual mode to custom set the steering wheel, suspension and engine, 

Sounds like they sticking to comfort , Sports and R+ mode for drivers setting.

Still looks ugly... the front fascia just doesn't work for me...

Just to check, our local AD facelift Civic 1.5 Turbo, does it come equip with Honda Sensing package?

Secondly, does the infotainment system come with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto? 

I do understand that Malaysia facelift last year too, their 1.5T is the same as ours plus theirs come with Honda Sensing, Remote Engine Start from the key, which is really good, it’s like Toyota Safely Sense including in latest AD Corolla Altis.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/leisure/2019/10/01/honda-sensing-now-available-as-a-civic-1-5l-turbocharged-2/

Edited by Fellows

7 hours ago, Fellows said:

Just to check, our local AD facelift Civic 1.5 Turbo, does it come equip with Honda Sensing package?

Secondly, does the infotainment system come with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto? 

I do understand that Malaysia facelift last year too, their 1.5T is the same as ours plus theirs come with Honda Sensing, Remote Engine Start from the key, which is really good, it’s like Toyota Safely Sense including in latest AD Corolla Altis.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/leisure/2019/10/01/honda-sensing-now-available-as-a-civic-1-5l-turbocharged-2/

no honda sensing or remote engine start and multimedia system supports apple carplay / AA.

On 2/20/2020 at 10:41 PM, Itsec said:

no honda sensing or remote engine start and multimedia system supports apple carplay / AA.

OMG! We are getting the same MY19 facelift but local AD didn’t even include Honda Sensing/ Remote engine start. WTF, that was so sad. We pay more but get less for the same 1.5 Turbo. I hope these safety features will be included in perhaps the next facelift. Damn...

Seem like Honda and Toyota are still lacking behind Europe and Korea car makers to include basic stuff like Apple CarPlay / Android Auto. 

Thanks for your info. Don’t know is that a stupid idea but maybe i should check with PI, see feasible to import the MIT 1.5T Malaysia model over or direct import MIJ 1.5T with full specification. We are always lack on features compare to others....

Edited by Fellows

I notice the Thai made imports tend to come sans these safety features...

but the dealers know we don’t mind .. so long as the price is right .. sad

2 hours ago, Fellows said:

OMG! We are getting the same MY19 facelift but local AD didn’t even include Honda Sensing/ Remote engine start. WTF, that was so sad. We pay more but get less for the same 1.5 Turbo. I hope these safety features will be included in perhaps the next facelift. Damn...

Seem like Honda and Toyota are still lacking behind Europe and Korea car makers to include basic stuff like Apple CarPlay / Android Auto. 

Thanks for your info. Don’t know is that a stupid idea but maybe i should check with PI, see feasible to import the MIT 1.5T Malaysia model over or direct import MIJ 1.5T with full specification. We are always lack on features compare to others....

https://www.honda.co.jp/CIVICSEDAN/webcatalog/performance/active-safety/

it seem to me japan market has honda sensing but i knew they started off via import their civic from Thai. I do not know they have manufacturer plants for their domestic markets. I do know US buyers do received MIJ civic apart from USDM civic. 

u try the PIs ...... who knows.. 

3 hours ago, Fellows said:

There is Apple carplay and android auto in the SG models.

1 hour ago, therock said:

I notice the Thai made imports tend to come sans these safety features...

but the dealers know we don’t mind .. so long as the price is right .. sad

Pls don’t blame Honda thailand. In fact, they have the higher grade option Civic RS with Honda Sensing. Go check out their site. 

Kah Motors should at least give a higher grade version of the civic with Honda Sensing included. But in reality, 95% of the Civics out there in Singapore are 1.6l NA. They even pull out the Civic hatchback due to weak demand. 

This topic have been discussed till death already. 

29 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

Pls don’t blame Honda thailand. In fact, they have the higher grade option Civic RS with Honda Sensing. Go check out their site. 

Kah Motors should at least give a higher grade version of the civic with Honda Sensing included. But in reality, 95% of the Civics out there in Singapore are 1.6l NA. They even pull out the Civic hatchback due to weak demand. 

This topic have been discussed till death already. 

The price point / specs make the 1.5T extremely poor value for money.

Sorry but at $118k, there are many more better proposition out there. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Davidklt said:

The price point / specs make the 1.5T extremely poor value for money.

Sorry but at $118k, there are many more better proposition out there. 

Like what models?

I just realized that the Mini One with a smaller power bmw 1.5t costs 108k. Not bad for a warm hatch. 

The new BMW 1 is another possible alternative I guess. 

The Skoda Octavia is another 

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, therock said:

I just realized that the Mini One with a smaller power bmw 1.5t costs 108k. Not bad for a warm hatch. 

All high running and maintenance costs leh.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, therock said:

What I was thinking was

Passat - $122k (much much build quality, safety and features)

Mercedes A Class hatch - slightly more

Mazda 6 -$10k less but much much better interior, features, sound system and road presence.

Subaru Impreza 2.0 - $20k less

Yes. 1 series is what I thought as well.

• Praise 3

Just now, Davidklt said:

What I was thinking was

Passat - $122k (much much better build quality, safety and features)

Mercedes A Class hatch - cost slightly more

Mazda 6 -$10k less but much much better interior, features, sound system and road presence.

Subaru Impreza 2.0 - $20k less

Yes. 1 series is what I thought as well.

↡ Advertisement