10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

4 hours ago, Davidklt said:

What I was thinking was

Passat - $122k (much much build quality, safety and features)

Mercedes A Class hatch - slightly more

Mazda 6 -$10k less but much much better interior, features, sound system and road presence.

Subaru Impreza 2.0 - $20k less

Yes. 1 series is what I thought as well.

not forgetting

PI Camry 118k 

PI GLA 119k

Pi A180 117k

Audi A3 110k

and of course the Mazda 6 100k-105k

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

23 hours ago, Davidklt said:

The price point / specs make the 1.5T extremely poor value for money.

Sorry but at $118k, there are many more better proposition out there. 

I was told by KM sales that the earliest delivery for the civic 1.5t is July!  That’s a long 5 months wait. 

49 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

I was told by KM sales that the earliest delivery for the civic 1.5t is July!  That’s a long 5 months wait. 

Honda major parts supplier from china has been disrupted which explains the long wait

On 2/22/2020 at 11:45 AM, Davidklt said:

The price point / specs make the 1.5T extremely poor value for money.

Sorry but at $118k, there are many more better proposition out there. 

agree on this. Kah Motors knows that they can sell the vehicle and don't bother to bring in better models. 

22 hours ago, F430 said:

All high running and maintenance costs leh.

I drive R56 Mini Cooper S. Ppl tell me problematic.

Problem of course got. Problematic? No

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Ginyu said:

Honda major parts supplier from china has been disrupted which explains the long wait

Nah. More likely they don’t want to sell the 1.5t cos they never indent. They put the 1.5t so buyers will buy the 1.6na thinking they got a bargain. Same marketing trick I used to do on retail. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Me wife drives a mini ONE. 

I feel impelled to disagree with this.

mini gives 5 yr warranty and 5 yr free service w basically all their cars. this is to counter the image of bad and costly maintaince which was previously well warranted. buy and drive 5 yrs, wont lose out one nowadays.

On 2/28/2020 at 10:15 AM, Davidklt said:

Malaysia released a facelifted version a few days ago.

Top of the range comes with nice gunmetal 18' rims:

https://youtu.be/ZvBpC4aRxas

Wait for SG to launch 2020 variant, I would say it’s yet another facelift as it’s not a totally new design. 

their come with Honda Sensing, hope Kah Motors for SG bring in the high spec like their 1.5 Turbo- Premium. 

Neutral Newbie

Hello everyone,

My 1.5T is about 2 years old with about 24K of mileage.

I am hesitant to go back to KAH for servicing due to their rigid pricing; so I am looking around for alternatives
I am looking to go to SKM Motorwerks with Mobil 1 EP0-20W EO.(Have been using M1 0-40 for the last 2 oil changes)

Can anyone share with me their thoughts on the above, and where you for for servicing and what EO you use?

Thank you loads for your kind advice. =)

Stay Safe!

On 6/5/2020 at 9:47 AM, Pensivetabby said:

Hello everyone,

My 1.5T is about 2 years old with about 24K of mileage.

I am hesitant to go back to KAH for servicing due to their rigid pricing; so I am looking around for alternatives
I am looking to go to SKM Motorwerks with Mobil 1 EP0-20W EO.(Have been using M1 0-40 for the last 2 oil changes)

Can anyone share with me their thoughts on the above, and where you for for servicing and what EO you use?

Thank you loads for your kind advice. 😃

Stay Safe!

Hi

You can try referring to the list below https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=363

Like you i'm looking for a workshop to do servicing soon. But my car is much older, 2009 FD2A.

Sorry mods if OT from topic too much. 

Turbocharged

Even Indonesia is selling the new facelifted 1.5turbo hatchback with the RS badge. Singapore should ask their thailand factory to customise 1.6NA engine to the hatchback body, confirm I'll be the first to buy. 

(edited)
6 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

Even Indonesia is selling the new facelifted 1.5turbo hatchback with the RS badge. Singapore should ask their thailand factory to customise 1.6NA engine to the hatchback body, confirm I'll be the first to buy. 

Maybe you can consider buy from PI, JDM got hatchback latest 2020 version, you can request PI to help you import in, it come default with Honda Sensing for all Japanese civic. AD Kah Motor remove the hatchback option, previously was part of their Civic lineup. 

no idea when will the 2020 version be sold locally by AD that come default with Honda Sensing like Malaysia.

Edited by Fellows

Not sure about our local market whether 2019 facelift equal to same as Malaysia 2020 facelift or not. Anyone went to Kah Motor to see or who got inform to conform? 

The red colour show in the video is their 2020 civic facelift vs the 2016 black pre-facelift. Their of course their 2020 facelift 1.5 TC-P with Honda Sensing is better spec than our 1.5.

Edited by Fellows
↡ Advertisement