10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Does any owner here think that the leather supplied by Kah motors is not that great?

Was thinking of changing for a better one.

Does anyone think that is a good idea?

Or just go with what they give

Since you ask, my opinion is go wear it out first before you replace it. Save money, save the earth and respect the cow who had made that sacrifice. Unless you have not collected your car, you can top up and get SE to upgrade the leather for you.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I believe Jackspeed was Kah Motor's main local vendor for leather, not sure if currently still is.

Last time when Kah Motor has carnivals, Jackspeed always there. My old jazz was wrapped by them. When I needed rewrap, Kah Motor quoted from Jackspeed.

Is it locally installed? There are many aftermarket options, eg Jackspeed.. 

• Praise 1

should have asked them to leave the fabric stock seat alone and get some discount in return.

Does any owner here think that the leather supplied by Kah motors is not that great? 

Was thinking of changing for a better one. 

Does anyone think that is a good idea?

Or just go with what they give 

IMO, I found the perforated leather on Civic is acceptable.

Driving SG to KL, I don't find it uncomfortable at all.

Its actually cooler due to perforated design

i all,

Will be getting a sedan in the next few months and Civic looks really great but its probably my most expensive option.

A few questions for owners, - appreciate your sharing:

1.Whats the latest price like for the 1.6? Went down a few weeks back and the SE shared that there isnt any discount. Basically the list price (minus 1-2k for some colors) is what you get.

2. Any idea whats the package like in terms of warranty and servicing? Any idea how much servicing would cost?

3. This is subjective but I'll appreciate your tots. Is Civi's premium - probably ~5-10k over other japanese sedans and ~15k over Koreans ones worth it?

Thanks!

Which one cheaper and have better coverage then go for that one.

Read some reviews of the insurer too before you commit.

Yup I did some research and the coverage for liberty and tokio marine are almost similar, only difference is the price and excess. Ended up going with tokio marine. Thanks!

I received quotes from all 3 insurers but I went to Aviva as that is the insurer that I'm using now. The difference is minimal among all 3 but I gotten a lower quote from Aviva upon confirmation.  

Agree that the differences are minimal among the 3, but for me tokio marine has the lower quote thus I decided on it. Thanks alot!

I believe Jackspeed was Kah Motor's main local vendor for leather, not sure if currently still is.

Last time when Kah Motor has carnivals, Jackspeed always there. My old jazz was wrapped by them. When I needed rewrap, Kah Motor quoted from Jackspeed.

yeah confirm...Jackspeed did for my Honda 8 years ago. Good workmanship and quality. My SE back than told me...now dunno whos the main vendor...the new civic leather seats lousy ah?

Thanks for all the replies regarding leather. 

I felt that the leather is not that high grade. Just my own opinion. 

My SE doesn't seem to be able to know anything. 

If just using fabric then they will discount 500 for me .

i haven't collected my car yet 

Thanks for all the replies regarding leather. 

I felt that the leather is not that high grade. Just my own opinion. 

My SE doesn't seem to be able to know anything. 

If just using fabric then they will discount 500 for me .

i haven't collected my car yet 

i agree with you. its like that one. but then again, most jap cars' leather at this category doesn't feel high grade. it's quite hardy.

i like the leather used in the Odyssey. it's softer. dunno if it's factory fitted or locally fitted.

to me a $500 discount is not worth it. i'll just use what's given, but maybe choose a colour you like so at least you see liao it won't be so sian haha

then a few years later, send it for rewrap in alcantara. i just love how the material feels, but it's too expensive for me.

i agree with you. its like that one. but then again, most jap cars' leather at this category doesn't feel high grade. it's quite hardy.

i like the leather used in the Odyssey. it's softer. dunno if it's factory fitted or locally fitted.

to me a $500 discount is not worth it. i'll just use what's given, but maybe choose a colour you like so at least you see liao it won't be so sian haha

then a few years later, send it for rewrap in alcantara. i just love how the material feels, but it's too expensive for me.

Only the leather seats of the 7 seaters Odyssey are factory fitted.

i all,

Will be getting a sedan in the next few months and Civic looks really great but its probably my most expensive option.

1.Whats the latest price like for the 1.6? Went down a few weeks back and the SE shared that there isnt any discount. Basically the list price (minus 1-2k for some colors) is what you get.

2. Any idea whats the package like in terms of warranty and servicing? Any idea how much servicing would cost?

3. This is subjective but I'll appreciate your tots. Is Civi's premium - probably ~5-10k over other japanese sedans and ~15k over Koreans ones worth it?

Thanks!

Hope help

1)Due to COE. No one can give you the exact figure unit you sign a dot line with guaranteed COE package.

2)Should be 5 years warranty and one year free servicing with oil and oil filter change. Ask your SE to confirm this.

3)In SG, Honda can consider is a higher end Japanese car brand. So I think many will don't mind pay little bit more. Fyi LHL family car is Honda.

i all,

Thanks!

I see that you have posted in the K3 forum too.

I also pm you my rep.. He can advise you on costs etc. Good guy

As for the premium. If it was the FD, I would have said a definite yes!

The current model has a longer and larger cabin, good suspension, but the interior loses out and the engine is also ten years old!

YMMV

Hope help

1)Due to COE. No one can give you the exact figure unit you sign a dot line with guaranteed COE package.

2)Should be 5 years warranty and one year free servicing with oil and oil filter change. Ask your SE to confirm this.

3)In SG, Honda can consider is a higher end Japanese car brand. So I think many will don't mind pay little bit more. Fyi LHL family car is Honda.

2) free servicing should be for 3 years

Isn't alcantara artificial leather? Feels better than real leather? I thought this kind of artificial leather only provided by factory? Even if have locally, I believe it's of a lower grade artificial leather compared to those given by the factory at Benz, BMW etc so better be careful.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 5

Isn't alcantara artificial leather? Feels better than real leather? I thought this kind of artificial leather only provided by factory? Even if have locally, I believe it's of a lower grade artificial leather compared to those given by the factory at Benz, BMW etc so better be careful.

It's not artificial leather and is not positioned as such.

Not everything that BMW or Merc uses is good. The Dakota used in BMW's entry level cars is real but imo not good and Merc's Artico is artificial leather.

• Praise 1

Not everything that BMW or Merc uses is good. The Dakota used in BMW's entry level cars is real but imo not good and Merc's Artico is artificial leather.

Ya agreed Dakota leather not really good. Which alcantara you mentioning which is good feel? Available locally? Actually I thought the artificial leather of BMW and Benz is quite good IMO.

• Praise 6

Hmm alcantara leather is synthetic leather. A very good one. Comfortable + durable.

Ya agreed Dakota leather not really good. Which alcantara you mentioning which is good feel? Available locally? Actually I thought the artificial leather of BMW and Benz is quite good IMO.

Yes ,their Vinyl is durable, hard-wearing and yet pretty comfy.

But good leather is still better in feel..

↡ Advertisement