10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Your rear view and side mirrors got auto dimming?

Only rear.  Side no have.

A well designed LED headlight should only shine on the road.

A badly designed headlight are like those HID on FD.  LTA even fail to find it illegal.

↡ Advertisement

anyone collecting your civic next week or next next week? my is EST collection date is  on 14 feb, bought during early dec. long wait..

Another positive review of the 1.0T:

The reviewer actually likes the interior material..

I agree with the comments on the solid legroom and lower hip point..

There's no perfect system though I agree that the current Cat A / Cat B classification doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Still think there should be some link to OMV, though i understand the government's concern on dealers potentially trying to game the system by bringing in base spec models and locally fitting everything they can (leather seats, head unit etc).

Even though your suggestions make sense at some level, it's hard to sell politically to say that a person that buys a 6 seater Sienta or Shuttle to bring his family around should pay more road tax than a yuppie that drives a Porsche 911 and stays in a GCB with his dad, who has 3 other cars.

talk about road tax, the most significant factor should be engine horsepower instead of engine capacity, nowadays as the TC and SC widely applied in engines, even small engine can output much high power than before.

How is the FC for the 1.6 civic, esp when compared with newer engine M3 1.5 and Elantra 1.6?

Any idea is the 1.0T will be coming to Singapore anytime soon to replace the 1.6?

civic 1.0T got very bad comment from oversea media,

1. 3 cylinders caused engine imbalance variation

2. noise engine

3. High FC even worse than 1.5T

4. underpower while above 100kmp

5. cheap interior even worse than 1.5T

Consumers and experts are now beginning to realize there is a limit on how much you can downsize

Many tiny forced fed engines nowadays actually consumed way more fuel than their manufacturers claimed.

Eg, Ford 1L and 1.5L Ecoboost, Boost yes, but eco....ermmm..... During light load they are still quite ok, but drive it hard, or step more on the gas pedal becos you have a full load, and you will see exactly how fuel saving these tiny engines are in real life.

Will Honda's own tiny 1L engine suffered the same fate, well... we will know soon enough

As a rule, if the car was designed for say a 2L engine, downsizing to 1.5 or 1.6L T is the best balancing between big power and fuel savings. If the car was designed for say 3L- 3.5L V6. A 2.0T 4 cyln would be ideal

4. underpower while above 100kmp

Obviously ran out of horsepower. big HP is needed for in speed accerlation and to maintain the car at speed. Torque is for acceleration. Both need to work hand in hand together.  

There is only that much a 120hp tiny 1L engine can do at speed.

any idea when the hatchback version available?...

Gotta wait for Thailand plant to tool up first. Coming soon.

But drivetrain will be the same as sedan version ie.... 1.5T... no news if Thailand Honda will offer a 6MT for the Civic hatchback

http://paultan.org/2017/02/06/2017-honda-civic-hatchback-teased-for-thailand/

Turbocharged

Another positive review of the 1.0T:

The reviewer actually likes the interior material..

I agree with the comments on the solid legroom and lower hip point..

This hatchback is made in Swindon, UK. Let's see if Kah Motors bringing this model.

Hi, u get your ride with today result? Best

Just asked my SE as I'm overseas. U waiting to? Did u get it? Turbo? My LSM is suppose to arrive in march

Just asked my SE as I'm overseas. U waiting to? Did u get it? Turbo? My LSM is suppose to arrive in march

I still sideline waiting, but my heart is on the 1.5t liao, just waiting for $$$

Told by SE car likely deliver in may if I buy now,, so thot just wait Loh since cannot get soon. My current ride still got 8 Mths to go....

Edited by Lee Jik Lek

talk about road tax, the most significant factor should be engine horsepower instead of engine capacity, nowadays as the TC and SC widely applied in engines, even small engine can output much high power than before.

errh... our COE cat A is also capped to horse power already... not just engine cc... 

How is the FC for the 1.6 civic, esp when compared with newer engine M3 1.5 and Elantra 1.6?

Any idea is the 1.0T will be coming to Singapore anytime soon to replace the 1.6?

↡ Advertisement