10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

It's always the case for KM, always higher than other Japanese and Korean makes but they are still people buying.

Made in Japan and comparable features I can understand. But not so now. Mazda is surely a better deal.

If not for so many uber Mazda 3 ard.

↡ Advertisement

It's always the case for KM, always higher than other Japanese and Korean makes but they are still people buying.

I think honda is the same price range in other countries like other Jap makes. But only sg is the place when honda always priced higher than the rest, i always wonder what is the reason?

I think honda is the same price range in other countries like other Jap makes. But only sg is the place when honda always priced higher than the rest, i always wonder what is the reason?

Same here never understood why. But the thing is people are still willing to fork out that much for a Honda.

Had been looking at the Civic Hatchback for quite a while, the high pricing and the fact that I'll be paying so much for a Thai build is really a put-off. If its jap-made, still can reconsider.

• Praise 1

Same here never understood why. But the thing is people are still willing to fork out that much for a Honda.

Had been looking at the Civic Hatchback for quite a while, the high pricing and the fact that I'll be paying so much for a Thai build is really a put-off. If its jap-made, still can reconsider.

Whether it is jap or thai made, the price which is higher than others jap make already no need to consider liao. Unless this car is so special until it can justify the high premium? Lol.

Edited by 13177

If the 1.0T civic hatchback pricing is almost the same as KM civic 1.6NA such as below 105k. Then most of them will probably get the 1.5T even it is fabric seat. No push start engine N halogen lamp.

To be fair. 1.0T civic hatchback should compare the KM 1.5T civic hatchback that cost 140k.

The 27k of differences to get 1.5T come with the price of

More bhp.

Push start

Lane watch

Led lamps

Official from AD.

I have the impression now Toyota is priced just as expensive if not more expensive than Honda. Maybe Toyota now has a reliable look of customers who always upgrade to same car model after 10 years.

Come Honda Civic thread bash Honda Civic.

If Subaru Impreza and mazda 3 is good then go buy. Simple as that

I think it's not about the car but how KM priced the hatchback against the sedan version and its competitors.

14 plus k difference is really a bit too much.

Even the EG/EK series hatchback was not so overpriced that time.

• Praise 1

Come Honda Civic thread bash Honda Civic.

If Subaru Impreza and mazda 3 is good then go buy. Simple as that

I think the Civic is a good car, just the price point bit hard to justify. Then again all these depends on personal choice. My view is that the 1.0T should have been the replacement for the 1.6L all along at that price point. I would have gladly chosen the 1.0T if Kah Motor brought it in albeit lack of leather seats and keyless entry etc. 

When comparing car, look at annual depreciation less FOC servicing and 5 year warranty value.

For example, 1.6NA,

car price = $103,000

FOC servicing 3 years = $2,100

5 year warranty value = $2,000 (additional over 3 year warranty)

PARF value = $10,250

Annual depreciation = $8865

Compare annual depreciation with other makes, then see if the difference in specification and features (space, fuel consumption, airbags, leather seats, cabin layout, solar film, recorder etc.) justify the difference in annual depreciation.

To each its own, buy a car within your financial means and the features you are looking for.  

For those who want to hear only the good things about the Civic, can I suggest you just go to Kah Motors and just camp there Everyday. You will find many people who will 100% agree with you all the time

But for people who want a proper discussion on whether to consider the Honda. Please post your views - including the good and bad

• Praise 1

If the 1.0T civic hatchback pricing is almost the same as KM civic 1.6NA such as below 105k. Then most of them will probably get the 1.5T even it is fabric seat. No push start engine N halogen lamp.

To be fair. 1.0T civic hatchback should compare the KM 1.5T civic hatchback that cost 140k.

The 27k of differences to get 1.5T come with the price of

More bhp.

Push start

Lane watch

Led lamps

Official from AD.

passed by the same PI where i previously saw the 1.0T today and went to take a look again. this time, was quoted $119k (up from 113) but throw in wrap leather seat. at this pricing......... [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]   [thumbsdown]

Edited by turbotan

passed by the same PI where i previously saw the 1.0T today and went to take a look again. this time, was quoted $119k (up from 113) but throw in wrap leather seat. at this pricing......... [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]   [thumbsdown]

What's the OMV for the 1.0T Civic?

Neutral Newbie

Guys, can I ask is it true that if we collect the cars after 31 Dec this year, we will have to pay for the costs for the vehicle emission tax is it? Please advise. Thanks.

Guys, can I ask is it true that if we collect the cars after 31 Dec this year, we will have to pay for the costs for the vehicle emission tax is it? Please advise. Thanks.

My SE told me that VES will be factored in if the new car is registered after 1st Jan 2018.

If the new car is registered before 1st Jan 2018, it doesn't matter when is the collection (even after 1st Jan), VES has no effect. 

↡ Advertisement