10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

There is a 1 litre version at below 130hp which will come out later, think it's 3 cylinder.

This maybe the version which might sell well here and give the other B & B cars a run for their money if Kah is not greedy and price it sensibly!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

IMO, it should be around S$130K±, NOT be more than S$140K else it will loose the race.

As a quick reference, Sonata, Mazda 6, Teana, Insigna, Camry, etc. (1 size larger than the new Civic) are all within reach in the 130 - 140K bracket... no brainer choice.

KM usually think that Honda cars are some niche exotic cars which would easily get would be owners to open their wallets

at 174HP, i bet they will price it at the VW passat 1.8T level and above the others you mentioned

:D

• Praise 1

KM usually think that Honda cars are some niche exotic cars which would easily get would be owners to open their wallets

at 174HP, i bet they will price it at the VW passat 1.8T level and above the others you mentioned

If it's aesthetically nice and power is good, it may sell even though pricey but if it's like the current version then it will be curtains.

They should try push the factory to manufacture the 1 litre version quickly cos that could be for those who want a Honda but not willing to pay and leave the 1.5 litre version to the fanboys!!

Guess being a small market, we have no say.....

• Praise 5

if price at Passat 1.8 (160k), crazy lah who want to buy?

KM should learn the lesson, 70k (w/o COE, OMV above 20K) should be reasonable, 

otherwise rather go to Mondeo, Passat

• Praise 3

if price at Passat 1.8 (160k), crazy lah who want to buy?

KM should learn the lesson, 70k (w/o COE, OMV above 20K) should be reasonable, 

otherwise rather go to Mondeo, Passat

really don't understand why 9th Civic still increased price by 2k to 128k,

who will buy? so many options,

K3, Mz3...all got 6 Airbags vs Civic 2 airbags w/o Traction control

Edited by MQX87511

really don't understand why 9th Civic still increased price by 2k to 128k,

who will buy? so many options,

K3, Mz3...all got 6 Airbags vs Civic 2 airbags w/o Traction control

KM Pride. but still have people buy...so.....

• Praise 2

If Japan also got this model then likely PI able to bring in. KM also priced their car very high with low low specs/ features.

They rather no road presence than lower their price. See how many new accord on the road? hahaah...

once new civic come, they have to clearance Sale, or sell to 2nd hand car dealers in low price

KM should price the civic close to the VW Jetta.

i am sure a lot of VW owner will jump over as Honda assures its customers with reliability.

Saw an article today at carbuyer.com.sg that the engine is confirmed 1.5L Turbo for Spore.

look forward to see this car on our roads...

• Praise 3

Design wise i still prefer the euro market civic. But this is nice also. Front grille n bonnet area could have done better...u.s. Model.,

• Praise 1

Finally my wait is not in vene. My 8th Gen civic has served me well.

I am sure once land in shore, I will get one replacement to my existing civic.

I am happy with the spec on 1.5L turbo. However the NA 2L seems more conservative in reliability which is my most priority. Anyway, civic is my choice

I hope there's 1.8 turbo ody in the future

• Praise 3

So long there is a H badge (non slanted H), the Honda fanboy and fangirls will go for it regardless of the design....

not really... do you see current model on the road?.. i have seen maybe 1 or 2 times only... if they wanna sell at those exorbitant price with that farkup design and platicky interior, no one will buy.... maybe the new model will have better design and interior quality but if they want a huge margin like conti, good luck...... those fanboys already moved on to conti or 2L and above.... new young beng have many other choices to choose from and $$ sensitive....... [:p] 

• Praise 3