10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

On 10/13/2020 at 9:26 AM, Undakovr said:

Hi guys, 

wanna find out more if Kah Motors giving the 5 years warranty covers wear and tear or just engine and gearbox only? 

TIA!

Wear and tear of tyres/battery/brakepads NOT covered after 1st year or 20000km from my understanding. Wiper blades not covered. 

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
On 10/14/2020 at 7:46 PM, Pplater said:

Wear and tear of tyres/battery/brakepads NOT covered after 1st year or 20000km from my understanding. Wiper blades not covered. 

Thanks for the advice Boss. 

how about mechanical parts like drive shaft etc? 

TIA!

5 hours ago, Undakovr said:

Thanks for the advice Boss. 

how about mechanical parts like drive shaft etc? 

TIA!

Drive shaft has to be covered under 5 year warranty. U can joim the Civic telegram chat. A lot of lao jiaos to answer yr questions.

Neutral Newbie

Hello! I’m thinking of changing my current 2016 lancer to either the Hyundai avante or Honda Civic but I’m not really sure how long a Hyundai can last. Really like the features and interior of the Hyundai but I heard from friends that usually Hyundai’s engine can’t last longer than 5/7 years like a Honda could. Would really appreciate some help and advice from here? Is it really true that most Hyundai’s don’t last? Went to test drive both cars but felt the Hyundai’s drive was very different from the civic (which is more similar to my lancer) but still can’t decide on which car to get...

29 minutes ago, JennieT said:

Hello! I’m thinking of changing my current 2016 lancer to either the Hyundai avante or Honda Civic but I’m not really sure how long a Hyundai can last. Really like the features and interior of the Hyundai but I heard from friends that usually Hyundai’s engine can’t last longer than 5/7 years like a Honda could. Would really appreciate some help and advice from here? Is it really true that most Hyundai’s don’t last? Went to test drive both cars but felt the Hyundai’s drive was very different from the civic (which is more similar to my lancer) but still can’t decide on which car to get...

your friends from sg? look at the number of avante 08/09 still running on the roads, proven engine with proven technology. not sure bout the new avante 2020 as its a new engine + gearbox but hyundai has come a long way. with the usual maintenance and oil change, you wont go wrong. 

only in sg cars are gone after 10 years but in overseas, cars last way longer than 10 years. 

for civic, its the same proven engine and gearbox. based on current pricing and specs, avante s is a good buy but depre is slightly higher than the civic. 

Edited by ferrytales

Neutral Newbie
On 10/25/2020 at 5:15 PM, JennieT said:

The 2021 new model avante? The engine may carried over from the previous model meaning it may not be enough for the newer model additional body weight. Its dimensions is wider than the civic so hdb carparks may be tighter as compared to the civic.

Civic wise, if you read from previous 2015 model, it may be the same engine and its proven and used over two model generations at least. Pickup will improve after break in as I own one. Moreover now kah motor is offering 1.68 interest rate for honda models. Civic uses multi link suspension for the rear and new avante uses torsion beam so definitely driving will be different. Civic is known for handling and is attributed to wider tyres too.

Avante is a good choice too, but maybe you might want to hear more people talking about the new model first to gather feedback. Can also consider mazda 3 also, features wise is there too.

4 hours ago, rjae said:

The 2021 new model avante? The engine may carried over from the previous model meaning it may not be enough for the newer model additional body weight. Its dimensions is wider than the civic so hdb carparks may be tighter as compared to the civic.

Civic wise, if you read from previous 2015 model, it may be the same engine and its proven and used over two model generations at least. Pickup will improve after break in as I own one. Moreover now kah motor is offering 1.68 interest rate for honda models. Civic uses multi link suspension for the rear and new avante uses torsion beam so definitely driving will be different. Civic is known for handling and is attributed to wider tyres too.

Avante is a good choice too, but maybe you might want to hear more people talking about the new model first to gather feedback. Can also consider mazda 3 also, features wise is there too.

Bro

things may have moved on in the Hyundai world leh..

IIRC isn't the civic using a 15 year old engine? My 2007 FD had the same engine..RIP I retired her a few years back... the current civic still has two airbags ... and I wanted a car  that didn’t scrimp on safety to present a lower price tag.. 

the current 1.6 civic with the reduced features still cost more than my FD, so I reluctantly moved on ... especially since my mum and I found it too difficult to get into the car

the new Elantra aka Avante has a new engine, plus a full suite of safety features and other mod cons. The build quality is also significantly less plasticky with liberal use of soft touch materials and it sits higher

what the civic has is a sophisticated chassis and the more sporty stance, but whilst the 1.6 is a free revving engine, that chassis deserve a more powerful engine... YMMV 

the civic was amongst my choices when my FD was retired but the low hip point, the quality of the interior and the engine drove me to look at other brands. 

Edited by therock

4 hours ago, therock said:

Bro

things may have moved on in the Hyundai world leh..

IIRC isn't the civic using a 15 year old engine? My 2007 FD had the same engine..RIP I retired her a few years back... the current civic still has two airbags ... and I wanted a car  that didn’t scrimp on safety to present a lower price tag.. 

the current 1.6 civic with the reduced features still cost more than my FD, so I reluctantly moved on ... especially since my mum and I found it too difficult to get into the car

the new Elantra aka Avante has a new engine, plus a full suite of safety features and other mod cons. The build quality is also significantly less plasticky with liberal use of soft touch materials and it sits higher

what the civic has is a sophisticated chassis and the more sporty stance, but whilst the 1.6 is a free revving engine, that chassis deserve a more powerful engine... YMMV 

the civic was amongst my choices when my FD was retired but the low hip point, the quality of the interior and the engine drove me to look at other brands. 

Dont understand why civic still has 2 airbags? Thought when they facelifted the civic, they will improved on the airbags, just like when altis was also 2 airbags but when they facelifted the altis, the car comes with 7 airbags.

Civic is a household model for many many decades, definitely it would be one of the choices when people buy a car. Too bad due to the lack of airbags and some safety features and also quite low to get in and out of the car, people would consider others make/model.