SG Presidential Election 2016/17!

Yewheng

who is Singapore first elected president?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. who is Singapore first elected president?

• Wee Kim Wee
    • Ong Teng Cheong
    • S R Nathan
    • Yusof Ishak

just like mcf, anybody here got balls big enough to argue with black ball undertaker. I certainly dont want to be first or the last to try.

You argue with black ball undertaker, not only will you be blackballed in MCF, your balls will be whacked black by him. :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

You argue with black ball undertaker, not only will you be blackballed in MCF, your balls will be whacked black by him. :D

I like the undertaker prior to him assuming the mod role. Compare his postings then with now you will see that he is restraining himself.

Why not we hold a referendum. Those naughty/we don't like type..vote him/her as mod. Than we will get more opportunities to shoot him down. I miss driftking.

• Praise 2

I like the undertaker prior to him assuming the mod role. Compare his postings then with now you will see that he is restraining himself.

Why not we hold a referendum. Those naughty/we don't like type..vote him/her as mod. Than we will get more opportunities to shoot him down. I miss driftking.

Power comes with responsibility

PS

Do you expect e.g. a man with power like our PM to make jokes about other countries during a State dinner? Do you expect him to any how up the price of water and electricity? The answer is No right!

• Praise 2

Power comes with responsibility

PS

Do you expect e.g. a man with power like our PM to make jokes about other countries during a State dinner? Do you expect him to any how up the price of water and electricity? The answer is No right!

You think him as Spiderman? Power come with responsibility!

Got a feeling - Ah long is stepping down before the next GE- then why u see all the negative & hike & GPS road pricing - all thing better come out first- as to keep a clean slate for his successor.

he more or less ROD mood- got say or no say make no different now- NOW see the economy performance which is critical- if next 2-3 yrs still in zoombie condition- will see drastic shift from 69.8% popular vote to whatever 10% swing.

• Praise 6

A lady and her 7-year-old son are eating in a restaurant.

In a moment of playfulness, the boy swallows a coin and chokes. The mother tries slapping his back, rubbing his neck, shaking him hard and everything she could think of, without success.

The boy begins to turn blue. The desperate mother starts screaming for help.

A man gets up from a nearby table, and with astonishing tranquility, without saying a word, lowers the boy's pants and squeezes his testicles.

The boy yells and spits out the coin. The gentleman with the same tranquility returns to his table without a word.

Soon, the mother calms down and approaches the gentleman to thank him for saving her son's life.

She asks, "Sir, are you a doctor?"

"No, ma'am," comes the reply. "I'm an Assistant Commissioner of the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore."

"We are trained to squeeze everyone's balls to make them cough up the last penny."

Reminder:

Time to file our income tax returns. Make sure you declare every last penny. Or else …

• Praise 13

Turbocharged

No no...

Who the biggest wayang king on this island? Ans pap.

So fight wayang with wayang. Sent in an innocent blur chap he will be swallow alive by pap.

Fight wayang with wayang means the whole thing is just a show and in the end nothing changes and life still goes on for Singaporeans. 

• Praise 1

Got a feeling - Ah long is stepping down before the next GE- then why u see all the negative & hike & GPS road pricing - all thing better come out first- as to keep a clean slate for his successor.

he more or less ROD mood- got say or no say make no different now- NOW see the economy performance which is critical- if next 2-3 yrs still in zoombie condition- will see drastic shift from 69.8% popular vote to whatever 10% swing.

It takes some political courage not to kick the can down the road. There are some policies that I absolutely don't agree with, such as our car taxes which are very ineffective in discouraging car usage, and the green vehicle taxes which discourage technology altogether. I'm guessing car taxes have become such a reliable source of government revenue (8% of all government collections!) that it is hard for any civil servant to kill the golden goose.

But credit where credit is due, things like water price hike are indeed necessary if you consider the factors objectively. It is too easy to get into a 69.9% argument nowadays that detracts people from facts, and I give it to him for daring to do what is unpopular.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

It takes some political courage not to kick the can down the road. There are some policies that I absolutely don't agree with, such as our car taxes which are very ineffective in discouraging car usage, and the green vehicle taxes which discourage technology altogether. I'm guessing car taxes have become such a reliable source of government revenue (8% of all government collections!) that it is hard for any civil servant to kill the golden goose.

But credit where credit is due, things like water price hike are indeed necessary if you consider the factors objectively. It is too easy to get into a 69.9% argument nowadays that detracts people from facts, and I give it to him for daring to do what is unpopular.

How can that be consider unpopular when he has the support of 70%?  :XD:

• Praise 1

This TCB really act blur wayang king...............he previously from PAP................dont tell me he doesnt know PAP pattern?..................now kpkb for what?.................. [thumbsdown]

Wasn't he against some PAP policies before? and voted against party whip?

I have never disagree with water price hike. But I totally disagree when "some of the followers aka 马后炮人" hammered us as though we are sinners and they are angels, with one even lamented that we must feel the full price of water. Oh come on, if the reasons and justifications are technically sound due to higher cost of operation and development, we accept the hike graciously but not via the position that we are the the cause of water wastage.Like what MCFers said, if we have not been prudent with water usage, provide us with statistics e.g. water consumption per household, type of household, pax per household. But dun use a single yardstick to generalise everyone except themselves. 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

I have never disagree with water price hike. But I totally disagree when "some of the followers aka 马后炮人" hammered us as though we are sinners and they are angels, with one even lamented that we must feel the full price of water. Oh come on, if the reasons and justifications are technically sound due to higher cost of operation and development, we accept the hike graciously but not via the position that we are the the cause of water wastage.Like what MCFers said, if we have not been prudent with water usage, provide us with statistics e.g. water consumption per household, type of household, pax per household. But dun use a single yardstick to generalise everyone except themselves. 

[thumbsdown] I didn't give you a dislike but a thumb down with my nick. You may have missed the main point most people are unhappy and the government has also acknowledged. The timing. Inflation didn't shoot up yesterday and you don't just try to recover your mistakes quickly by just shafting it down. Did they consider those facing hardship and need every help now? I read 11,000 retrenched and that is official figure.

This is where we are very weak. Leaders need to be inclusive and walk the talk. :a-noway:

The air we breath is also as important as water. Without any of them life is incompatible.

I kee chiu the authorities on the usage of air. Those who fart will have to pay penalty tax.

• Praise 8

The air we breath is also as important as water. Without any of them life is incompatible.

I kee chiu the authorities on the usage of air. Those who fart will have to pay penalty tax.

..... wait lah..... akan datang (coming soon) ..... as it is they are working on cigarettes very strongly.... wait in the next 20-30  years some - belch-O-meter will be out soon; babies also not exempted too    :D   and see how many  "samman"  they can issue the Indonesia govt during the haze time season [cool]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Wasn't he against some PAP policies before? and voted against party whip?

Not only that.. heard when he step down from mp he go and become opposition trainer.
  • Praise 1

Do we really need a mandatory minority to represent as the next president?

After all, our nation's pledge that we had been voicing since primary school meant to remind us all as one. Furthermore, the constant preaching of meritocracy seems to be thrown out of the window.

Furthermore, the $500million rule, what makes you think a person who can run a company of $500million paid up capital or turnover or whatever, has a heart for the people.

Funny, to me, it seems confusing and contradictory.

The other thing that got me thinking: HDB has rules that in a single block that there should be x indian, y malays, z Chinese and A others living there. The reason given is so no enclave is formed.

Then why not this is extended to private condos. Today we know Pasir Ris area a lot of congregation of pinoys and Indians; tanjung rhu higher class Indians.

I keep asking myself this question, is there a difference among Singaporeans who lives in HDB or private condo? I know there are many HDB owners who are many times more well off then those staying in private condo.

Anybody found a satisfactory answer to the questions yet?

:a-confused:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10