SG Presidential Election 2016/17!

Yewheng

who is Singapore first elected president?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. who is Singapore first elected president?

• Wee Kim Wee
    • Ong Teng Cheong
    • S R Nathan
    • Yusof Ishak

Add two more:

1. People unhappy with it being a reserved election 

2. People unhappy that they are sending an Indian to contest an election reserved for a Malay

These are not the reasons, but root cause! And because of that, many are looking at SM being the next SEP.

Honestly, I have no deep impression of SM, but after reading some of his interview, and especially the news report yesterday, I really wish I can give him a 2nd Chance.

One of the statement he made yesterday, something like this:

"I will continue to serve the people in other way, and in 6 years time, hopefully I can hit 500mil capital requirement and contest again"

True fighter spirit. BUT, a big but, that is provided MIW does not raise the bar again a few years down the road. TCB said that he will be back after getting defeated in 2011, and see what happen?

MIW always said that opposition disappear from the scene after an election, but look at TCB, whom has been activity (mainly in the cyber space though) after the PE, they remove the field instead of just shifting the goal post ... ... [mad]  [mad]  [mad]

Edited by Carbon82
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

These are not the reasons, but root cause! And because of that, many are looking at SM being the next SEP.

Honestly, I have no deep impression of SM, but after reading some of his interview, and especially the news report yesterday, I really wish I can give him a 2nd Chance.

One of the statement he made yesterday, something like this:

"I will continue to serve the people in other way, and in 6 years time, hopefully I can hit 500mil capital requirement and contest again"

True fighter spirit. BUT, a big but, that is provided MIW does not raise the bar again a few years down the road. TCB said that he will be back after getting defeated in 2011, and see what happen?

MIW always said that opposition disappear from the scene after an election, but look at TCB, whom has been activity (mainly in the cyber space though) after the PE... ... [mad]  [mad]  [mad]

Should sell 2nd chance shares.

Going to kanna fixed soon  :TT_TT:

• Praise 1

Lol.

You support subverting the will of the people and you are angry over some mere words on a forum? Please.

Sure, go ahead and say whatever you want about my mother or my wife, I care not.

Families have been broken, lives ruined (jail, exile or worse) by those folks but you are pissed off by words  [laugh]

Your actions speak volume about your character.

What has she done to you?

no need to call people name la....those are just points that cannot shite. If you feel so srongly.....i give you 5 eventhough we are poles apart in some decision.

Don't anymore accuse me of calling people name! I just pointed out that his cursing of Halimah is uncalled for just because he did not get his way. Very childish playground behaviour! 

Should sell 2nd chance shares.

Going to kanna fixed soon  :TT_TT:

Yah hor, just play with the share price to make sure it don't hit $500mil! Pui Pui Pui, more disgusting than those hooligans on the street.

• Praise 6

Yah hor, just play with the share price to make sure it don't hit $500mil! Pui Pui Pui, more disgusting than those hooligans on the street.

I think it is paid up capital so share price won't affect it.

But nothing a few years of losses won't fix la.

If you really can't see what she is complicit in then we pity you.

I guess PAP have no choice but to disqualify the other 2 candidates for the following:

- Strong support has been shown to SM on the ground over the past weeks

- Even if election department issued the other 2 eligibility certificate (to FK and SM), FK may decide not to contest for PE come 13 Sep, ended up it shall be Halimah vs SM, and thus no guarantee win for Halimah

- Last but not least, as mentioned by some bro/sis here, even if there is a 3 corner fight, TCB can always come out to endorse on his favorite candidate, and again, Halimah might not win.

Thus I have not been hopeful since day 1, and kept telling my friends to shut their big mouth, stop sharing whatsapp message, and even refrain from posting my thought openly on MCF, BUT, still doesn't help in the situation.

Looking back, if I as a non-politician can think of the above, nothing difficult for the office holder and their group of scholars. All I can say, time to stop these nonsense in times to come... I hope you get what I mean.

For this PE, it's not the outcome that matters, it's the process that matters.

Most of the people have already expected the outcome.

Don't anymore accuse me of calling people name! I just pointed out that his cursing of Halimah is uncalled for just because he did not get his way. Very childish playground behaviour!

i am not saying about his cursing of hy, iam talking about you calling people balless, sour losers and such. You cant stand people calling others name but you yourself do likewise. Doesnt it make you the same as the others you called. Kana dislike by anon so what...the system allows it. Same like this abandoned election....the system allows....so what? I have been disliked in a few posts but i laugh it off and i ceraintly dont call people name because its childish! Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Doubt it.

Can't even speak English properly  [sweatdrop]

I told my daughter last evening that she should be an inspiration - since my daughter can probably speak English better and thus got chance to be president too! [laugh]

• Dislike 1

She is good for one thing. Supervise the sweeping / cleaning of our estate.

I have fact. Every time during any of the MP visit..cleaners surely double up clean clean sparkling.

KFC already slap on the face. Now slap on the other side.

Well, if becos she is erected, and the rest of Singapore gets cleaned up like your estate, I might just be willing to pay a little tax to fund her salary.  She should go around visiting everywhere everyday.

• Praise 1

Opposition?

The onus is on the people. For us to effect change so competent opposition will come forward. If you are a competent or even outstanding individual, why put yourself and your family at risk? It isn't just monetary or a loss or career prospects but some folks will come along and "fix" you. Soon after, you might find yourself having to exile yourself or even in jail.

How many people are stupid enough to want to do that for a bunch of folks (Singaporeans) who will not appreciate it? This bunch of folks will just call you stupid when you are in jail.

Yes.yes..finally someone can see the light why no so call competent opp want to the up the challenge.

Once pap was also the opportunity in Singapore. They were give a chance by then our pioneer generation. What make us conclude that no current opp can bring Singapore forward again. If they weren't given a chance (door) how do we know they cant do it. Door already shut for opp based on the latest PE saga. PAP will surely shift the goalpost again come next GE if they feel their position under thread again. This is the black day for Singapore politic. He'll with democracy. Welcome the dictator government.

Well, if becos she is erected, and the rest of Singapore gets cleaned up like your estate, I might just be willing to pay a little tax to fund her salary. She should go around visiting everywhere everyday.

Cleaning of estate is minor concern as opposed to the belief of racial harmony and democracy society.

I don't mind to sweep common area or spray wash my mscp on weekend if I am happy with the standard of living in Singapore. The society as a whole happy. Everyone live happily and friendly toward one another.

Lol.

You support subverting the will of the people and you are angry over some mere words on a forum? Please.

Sure, go ahead and say whatever you want about my mother or my wife, I care not.

Families have been broken, lives ruined (jail, exile or worse) by those folks but you are pissed off by words [laugh]

Yes...there are more to get angry with mere postings from forum. I praise you. Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

I wonder if the new erected person who is supposed to safeguard the reserves has ever read and understand p&l, balance sheet and cash flow.... Or totally depends on whatever she is told?

Got GIC, temasek holdings and what's not to do the job. Where in the world got govt will put that one person in charge of the country's reserves? The phrase "safeguard the reserves" probably is put there to let the president look important. President can't be wave wave zoboh. Got to make it look like an important job to justify that pay. [laugh]

Truth probably is Ms Ho and some top person from GIC are doing most of the "safeguarding". Tony used to be head of GIC. They can't risk putting "outsiders" to be president to pichar that lobang.

• Praise 1

Got GIC, temasek holdings and what's not to do the job. Where in the world got govt will put that one person in charge of the country's reserves? The phrase "safeguard the reserves" probably is put there to let the president look important. President can't be wave wave zoboh. Got to make it look like an important job to justify that pay. [laugh]

Truth probably is Ms Ho and some top person from GIC are doing most of the "safeguarding". Tony used to be head of GIC. They can't risk putting "outsiders" to be president to pichar that lobang.

I think you don't understand the president's duties. GIC and Temasek (and CPF and whatever) hold the reserves.

The president's job is to make sure those organizations don't squander it away. That's what it means by safeguarding. 

i am not saying about his cursing of hy, iam talking about you calling people balless, sour losers and such. You cant stand people calling others name but you yourself do likewise. Doesnt it make you the same as the others you called. Kana dislike by anon so what...the system allows it. Same like this abandoned election....the system allows....so what? I have been disliked in a few posts but i laugh it off and i ceraintly dont call people name because its childish!

Hahaha..I gottend more dislike than you from past GE thread. So what...hahaha

We are angry with the process. I am more angry at those that gave them the mandate to do such goal post shifting from time to time. At the same times shout long live democracy Singapore.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Yes.yes..finally someone can see the light why no so call competent opp want to the up the challenge.

Once pap was also the opportunity in Singapore. They were give a chance by then our pioneer generation. What make us conclude that no current opp can bring Singapore forward again. If they weren't given a chance (door) how do we know they cant do it. Door already shut for opp based on the latest PE saga. PAP will surely shift the goalpost again come next GE if they feel their position under thread again. This is the black day for Singapore politic. He'll with democracy. Welcome the dictator government.

Cleaning of estate is minor concern as opposed to the belief of racial harmony and democracy society.

I don't mind to sweep common area or spray wash my mscp on weekend if I am happy with the standard of living in Singapore. The society as a whole happy. Everyone live happily and friendly toward one another.

Yes...there are more to get angry with mere postings from forum. I praise you.

Wondered why many see like there is no tomorrow?

Those people currently there supposed making life difficult for everyone, who put them there in the first place?

Every GE, there is always a chance but we just don't give ourselves a second chance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1