SG Presidential Election 2016/17!

Yewheng

who is Singapore first elected president?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. who is Singapore first elected president?

• Wee Kim Wee
    • Ong Teng Cheong
    • S R Nathan
    • Yusof Ishak

I look forward to what our first lady President can do to improve our economy........

You really hope?  She only helped out nasi stall before, not even managed $2M company leh!  Probably the best thing to do is not to try to do anything in the next 5 years.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Don't need to worry about that.

She has 2 immediate well practiced predecessors to get some practical tips on that skill.  :D

You really hope?  She only helped out nasi stall before, not even managed $2M company leh!  Probably the best thing to do is not to try to do anything in the next 5 years.

None of the recent Presidents stayed at the Istana. In fact it is LHL territory

Nathan stay east coast. Tony tan stay bukit timah. Ong Teng cheong stay bukit timah

You are right. Of all those mentioned. Nathan's house is the smallest and his neighbour sharing the back wall of this house can still talk to him and wife while cooking in the kitchen. 

• Praise 1

she should just move to istana and save everyone a lot of trouble.

there's no need to pretend.

I wanted to give you a praise of 5 points but i scared later police may carch me.
  • Praise 1

she should just move to istana and save everyone a lot of trouble.

there's no need to pretend.

The true test is whether she would donate all her presidential earnings to charity like what Salleh promised Singaporeans. If she agrees to that, pigs will start flying.
  • Praise 1

You cum my office after hours, I make you my 3-in-1 kopi o siew dai and we can talk cock (not the anatomy kind).....  :D

if i get to see autostrip ... that will be perfect with your 3-in-1 kopi . swee bo ? [thumbsup]  

• Praise 5

The true test is whether she would donate all her presidential earnings to charity like what Salleh promised Singaporeans. If she agrees to that, pigs will start flying.

She never said anything like that since day 1.

So wait long long.

Only Salleh promised this. But it's a promise that will not happen, sadly.

Dun get me wrong...her life is important..just that I feel she should lower costs by staying at where she should be rightfully staying so as not to duplicate/burden our security protection forces...

And what about her presidential motorcade which comes and pick her up to her office every morning..all the outriders and marshals..going down CTE to Buyong Road...wow...a lot of resources required...

I agree. It may cause inconvenience to the residents as well. Imagine all cars have to stop and give way whenever she travels. It may cause jam to the small HDB carpark.
  • Praise 1

So anybody watching the swearing in today?

Everything feels quite rushed and hurried....like they trying to bury something..

Chop chop put the matter to rest...havent seen them as efficient when it comes to MRT breakdowns or bringing down the cost of living... :huh:

Most must have started swearing out of frustration...xyz...ccb...tmd...the moment the other 2 were disqualified...

that Tony guy maybe like to 'tan...tan...tan...gu gu...' so it's a refreshing change at the istana since paps like to do certain things in the 'hurry mah'.

• Praise 2

Her insistence to stay at Yishun HDB will create a lot of inconvenience to the neighborhood. Not forgetting the additional manpower needed.

Just move to the Istana.

• Praise 2

She never said anything like that since day 1.

So wait long long.

Only Salleh promised this. But it's a promise that will not happen, sadly.

A greenhorn like her, what would she know about guarding our national reserves? At least guys like Salleh and Farid would be more financially shrewd to know if things go wrong. Building a $250-400 million company from scratch is very different from simply being a ceo of a big company or worse still, being speaker of parliament for 4 years which has nothing to do with financial management.
  • Praise 11

A greenhorn like her, what would she know about guarding our national reserves? At least guys like Salleh and Farid would be more financially shrewd to know if things go wrong. Building a $250-400 million company from scratch is very different from simply being a ceo of a big company or worse still, being speaker of parliament for 4 years which has nothing to do with financial management.

She can't even think thru the complications of staying in her flat while as President, how she can fathom the complexities of financial reserves management? But of course as president, there'll be ka kias who will "advise" her on what to do, n she just signs off.. just what the hidden hand wants, no?

#notmypresident

Edited by Lurpsexx
  • Praise 6

I agree. It may cause inconvenience to the residents as well. Imagine all cars have to stop and give way whenever she travels. It may cause jam to the small HDB carpark.

Already 2 normal parking lot given up for police Liao, I hope this Yishun parking space not like some hdb when cars ownership outnumber the parking lots

• Praise 1

Totally agreed. The responsibilities and experience of a Speaker of Parliament is hardly anywhere close to the management of a $500 million company and therefore, the eligibility criteria is flawed and inconsistent.

• Praise 2

Yesterday while traveling on CTE towards SGH I saw at least 4 TP bikes on the road.

On my return to Yishun AVE-4, I saw another 3 TP bikes on that stretch.alone.......now I know why......and our president is just staying at the next car park area to mine.

Those guys who are dropping their kids at northland primary school in the morning and are making the illegal right turn when exiting the car park from 7:30 to 7:45am.....better watch out......surly there will be more TP presence at this area from now onwards.

I Guess the President's presence at this area will make the road safer (at least at this area).

No more speeding and illegal turning vehicles at Yishun ave-4 area!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1