SG Presidential Election 2016/17!

Yewheng

who is Singapore first elected president?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. who is Singapore first elected president?

• Wee Kim Wee
    • Ong Teng Cheong
    • S R Nathan
    • Yusof Ishak

Yesterday while traveling on CTE towards SGH I saw at least 4 TP bikes on the road.

On my return to Yishun AVE-4, I saw another 3 TP bikes on that stretch.alone.......now I know why......and our president is just staying at the next car park area to mine.

Those guys who are dropping their kids at northland primary school in the morning and are making the illegal right turn when exiting the car park from 7:30 to 7:45am.....better watch out......surly there will be more TP presence at this area from now onwards.

I Guess the President's presence at this area will make the road safer (at least at this area).

No more speeding and illegal turning vehicles at Yishun ave-4 area!

I think I know where is it. Should be BLK 66x series. There is a small automated multi storey carpark in the area.
↡ Advertisement

A greenhorn like her, what would she know about guarding our national reserves? At least guys like Salleh and Farid would be more financially shrewd to know if things go wrong. Building a $250-400 million company from scratch is very different from simply being a ceo of a big company or worse still, being speaker of parliament for 4 years which has nothing to do with financial management.

You should know that it is engineered to be like this, to have a non financial savvy person to be the President, so that the reserves won't be questioned.

See what kind of PM Singaporeans have.

• Praise 3

You really hope? She only helped out nasi stall before, not even managed $2M company leh! Probably the best thing to do is not to try to do anything in the next 5 years.

Like the prata guy go ECP almost everyday -just go 'Jalan Jalan and Makan angin' at Yishun park

• Praise 2

You should know that it is engineered to be like this, to have a non financial savvy person to be the President, so that the reserves won't be questioned.

See what kind of PM Singaporeans have.

yup

• Praise 2

I agree. It may cause inconvenience to the residents as well. Imagine all cars have to stop and give way whenever she travels. It may cause jam to the small HDB carpark.

That is one selfish arrogant stupid selected president in yishun then.
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Morning Guys  [wave]

I think we should accept what already been officially announced and we can't change or reverse the facts that Her Excellency, Mdm. Halimah had been sworn in last night as the President of Singapore.

We should just stop discussing and prevent the discussion from getting way out of hand although many of them still have that uneasy feeling.

Let's us give her our respects as the Head of State and wishing her all the best.     -_-  

My suggestion is to lock this thread. Mod for your consideration please. :ignoring:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 5

Morning Guys [wave]

I think we should accept what already been officially announced and we can't change or reverse the facts that Her Excellency, Mdm. Halimah had been sworn in last night as the President of Singapore.

We should just stop discussing and prevent the discussion from getting way out of hand although many of them still have that uneasy feeling.

Let's us give her our respects as the Head of State and wishing her all the best. -_-

My suggestion is to lock this thread. Mod for your consideration please. :ignoring:

That's what they want you to do la. Just suck it up and accept it.

#notmypresident

• Praise 2

If you all think about it this PE is just a part of the going-ons in our country. You all know which camp i am in but i dont go blasting and going personal over it. She was chosen but do you all think she is the one pulling the strings? If your boss tells you to do, do you go against it? There seems to be some racially motivated comments and only the one who posted knows his/her intention. But the event has passed so bark at the correct tree and not at the one guarding the tree.

• Praise 4

If you all think about it this PE is just a part of the going-ons in our country. You all know which camp i am in but i dont go blasting and going personal over it. She was chosen but do you all think she is the one pulling the strings? If your boss tells you to do, do you go against it? There seems to be some racially motivated comments and only the one who posted knows his/her intention. But the event has passed so bark at the correct tree and not at the one guarding the tree.

Gonna agree.

As much as we disagree on this whole thing, I think some of us should know the outcome and that the whole thing is engineered to their whims and fancies.

Just look at how eager the PM to brainwash the people these few days in the papers to force people to accept his ideological rubbish. It's all about the process, not the outcome anymore.

I just hope that more people will wake up from this saga and think about what kind of PM Singaporeans have and vote wisely in the next GE. Else blame yourselves if you continue treated like a fool by the people who keep twisting the system to their whims and fancies.

For those who still think that the Lee siblings were just making a big fuss, hope that they see their real intentions.

• Praise 2

At the very least, she is complicit isn't she?

We don't accept the process so there is no reason to accept the result. But yes, I agree that there is no reason to bring race or religion into it even though the government has gone so.

That is one selfish arrogant stupid selected president in yishun then.

maybe just maybe its her way of protesting! Basically she cant complain, no outlet to voice and most probably if she had said no do you think she can still be there as an mp or speaker? or even be a private resident without being scrutinied.

At the very least, she is complicit isn't she?

We don't accept the process so there is no reason to accept the result. But yes, I agree that there is no reason to bring race or religion into it even though the government has gone so.

i wont say complicit! She is just a salaried yes lady. Heck there are so many doing it even for a much much lower salary and if given a salary of 2 million, i also wont mind.

Macdonald fault for coming up with nasi lemak burger.

nasi lemak burger outsells hamburger right?

Morning Guys  [wave]

I think we should accept what already been officially announced and we can't change or reverse the facts that Her Excellency, Mdm. Halimah had been sworn in last night as the President of Singapore.

We should just stop discussing and prevent the discussion from getting way out of hand although many of them still have that uneasy feeling.

Let's us give her our respects as the Head of State and wishing her all the best.     -_-  

I agree that its time to lock this thread. 

@radx, @jman888, @the_bear, agreeable?

• Praise 1

instead of giving all the millions to 1 puppet, y dont they continue to improve the lives and communities of Malays? Anyone who has worked with blue collar malays will know the problems they are facing. Equality is for all, not just 1 puppet.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9