SG Presidential Election 2016/17!

Yewheng

who is Singapore first elected president?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. who is Singapore first elected president?

• Wee Kim Wee
    • Ong Teng Cheong
    • S R Nathan
    • Yusof Ishak

Twincharged
(edited)

http://mothership.sg/2017/05/tan-cheng-bock-files-suit-in-high-court-to-ask-why-spore-elected-presidency-starts-from-wee-kim-wee/

Lai Lao.. So will PE still continue as per normal or will have to wait? If let's say this one drag for more then 1yr.

But wait... There is no official announcement in tcb Facebook page and Mr goh just post on his Facebook page based on WhatsApp message being spreading around.. What if let's say tcb never filled for high court how?

Mothership.sg and Mr goh will tio man...

There are some Singaporeans just too free and purposely want to troll people or just want to create fake news. Maybe this WhatsApp message being spreading around is done by some unknown person just want to stir..

I feel mothership.sg should not post this article until they verified with tcb coz there is chance that tcb may have not filled for high court as there is no official announcement on his Facebook page. Let this siao Mr goh post it on his Facebook and tio the consequences.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

http://mothership.sg/2017/05/tan-cheng-bock-files-suit-in-high-court-to-ask-why-spore-elected-presidency-starts-from-wee-kim-wee/

Lai Lao.. So will PE still continue as per normal or will have to wait? If let's say this one drag for more then 1yr.

But wait... There is no official announcement in tcb Facebook page and Mr goh just post on his Facebook page based on WhatsApp message being spreading around.. What if let's say tcb never filled for high court how?

Mothership.sg and Mr goh will tio man...

There are some Singaporeans just too free and purposely want to troll people or just want to create fake news. Maybe this WhatsApp message being spreading around is done by some unknown person just want to stir..

I feel mothership.sg should not post this article until they verified with tcb coz there is chance that tcb may have not filled for high court as there is no official announcement on his Facebook page. Let this siao Mr goh post it on his Facebook and tio the consequences.

If TCB did not file any suit, even if Goh or mothership are spreading fake news, the police still need to find the original source who started the fake news. 

Twincharged
(edited)

If TCB did not file any suit, even if Goh or mothership are spreading fake news, the police still need to find the original source who started the fake news. 

​Till date there is no official announcement from TCB, no facebook update or watsoever.. 

​Looks like Mr Goh Meng Seng gonna get trolled by someone unknown who is just too free to create all these fake news..

Edited by Yewheng

A lady and her 7-year-old son are eating in a restaurant.

In a moment of playfulness, the boy swallows a coin and chokes. The mother tries slapping his back, rubbing his neck, shaking him hard and everything she could think of, without success.

The boy begins to turn blue. The desperate mother starts screaming for help.

A man gets up from a nearby table, and with astonishing tranquility, without saying a word, lowers the boy's pants and squeezes his testicles.

The boy yells and spits out the coin. The gentleman with the same tranquility returns to his table without a word.

Soon, the mother calms down and approaches the gentleman to thank him for saving her son's life.

She asks, "Sir, are you a doctor?"

"No, ma'am," comes the reply. "I'm an Assistant Commissioner of the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore."

"We are trained to squeeze everyone's balls to make them cough up the last penny."

Reminder:

Time to file our income tax returns. Make sure you declare every last penny. Or else …

IRAS loves me so much, i dont need to file, they just deduct shiok shiok.

Hypersonic

IRAS loves me so much, i dont need to file, they just deduct shiok shiok.

you???

post-131345-0-81671500-1494152800.jpg :XD: 

• Praise 2

Twincharged

It's official.

Frances has elected macron with about a 65% vote share.

Le Penn lost...

In their first round, macron beat le Penn by about less than 2%? Both have only just over 20% each.

That 2% is nothing since they only combined about 45% of votes.

If macron has been declared winner then, his legitimacy would be questionable compared to le penn.

And worst, if le Penn has won, a candidate the voters eventually rejected in a landslide would become president.

Lessons for Singapore?

Tony is the le Penn that won.

TCB is the macron that lost.

Cos in a straight fight, TCB would very possibly have polled 65%... Maybe even more.

But now, instead of improving the process to remove the gaping loop hole.. they "improved" the process by completely removing the candidate people want.

Well done... The disgust is beyond words.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

It's official.

Frances has elected macron with about a 65% vote share.

Le Penn lost...

In their first round, macron beat le Penn by about less than 2%? Both have only just over 20% each.

That 2% is nothing since they only combined about 45% of votes.

If macron has been declared winner then, his legitimacy would be questionable compared to le penn.

And worst, if le Penn has won, a candidate the voters eventually rejected in a landslide would become president.

Lessons for Singapore?

Tony is the le Penn that won.

TCB is the macron that lost.

Cos in a straight fight, TCB would very possibly have polled 65%... Maybe even more.

But now, instead of improving the process to remove the gaping loop hole.. they "improved" the process by completely removing the candidate people want.

Well done... The disgust is beyond words.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2668579-some-statistical-musings-on-polls-and-the-fptp-system/

I think, by the time there is court hearing, election over liao. Do you think this case will settle by end Aug 2017?

No need to settle what.  Garmen already say that Tan has not raised new points that require a response.   [laugh]

Supersonic
(edited)

TCB should start an online crowd funding exercise. Collect a token 1 to 5 dollars for the legal case and also show the government how many people are against this bulls**t of theirs.

Of course, if no one bothers to donate means singaporeans love the bulls**t lor.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

TCB should start an online crowd funding exercise. Collect a token 1 to 5 dollars for the legal case and also show the government how many people are against this bulls**t of theirs.

Of course, if no one bothers to donate means singaporeans love the bulls**t lor.

Will support $5 ......... haha
  • Praise 3

Errmm.. but hor.. im sure they already knew... thats why now got court case....  [:p]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Wtf..80 over so called highly qualified professionals can't even count one to five. My baby already can count one to fifty.

Shame of them...Disgrace in them to behave like parrot. Speak what the master want them to say. Behave what the master want them to behave. Not a single soul challenge the 5 counts. Need an outsider to teach how to count.

Shameful..Shameful...

Errmm.. but hor.. im sure they already knew... thats why now got court case.... [:p]

The issue..There must be a case otherwise court won't accept the filing.

The point is none pap stand up to challenge during parliament debate??? They behave like parity...Ooh offended parrot...Cos parrot look so much more beautiful. ..

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Wtf..80 over so called highly qualified professionals can't even count one to five. My baby already can count one to fifty.

Shame of them...Disgrace in them to behave like parrot. Speak what the master want them to say. Behave what the master want them to behave. Not a single soul challenge the 5 counts. Need an outsider to teach how to count.

Shameful..Shameful...

The issue..There must be a case otherwise court won't accept the filing.

The point is none pap stand up to challenge during parliament debate??? They behave like parity...Ooh offended parrot...Cos parrot look so much more beautiful. ..

No wonder many in parliament look familiar. I realised they are from my class. We all were Sesame street dropouts.
  • Praise 9

Turbocharged
(edited)

I think, by the time there is court hearing, election over liao. Do you think this case will settle by end Aug 2017?

I thought so too..... by the time they have a court date, say later of the year, already 1 new breasident in Isetan Istana already... so even the court rule in favor... still got the appeal here appeal there...... maybe already hand in IC already.... [lipsrsealed]  [rolleyes]  

In summary, dont waste time lar..... go join a party or setup new party and look at next erection.... think got better chance.... 

Edited by Nlatio
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

although i might not vote for him but i fully accept his argument.

why should there be a reserved president election ?

i might sound like a broken record but still have to say it again.

like this, they are really telling us that the president is not about or for the people but merely a puppet of the government - since he/she is already pre-chosen.

so basically, no need to hold voting and simply just employ a puppet president instead.

if not just donate the salary to charity instead and leave the position empty.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Even if the hearing starts tomorrow, he will not win for sure. BUT we do need people like him to standup and be counted. Not everything the government say, we have to accept. Citizen can also voice their opinion. End of the day, the majority wins but the minority also needs to be heard. Democratic right?  :a-good: 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2