SG Presidential Election 2016/17!

Yewheng

who is Singapore first elected president?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. who is Singapore first elected president?

• Wee Kim Wee
    • Ong Teng Cheong
    • S R Nathan
    • Yusof Ishak

Btw Hui ge seems to be really quiet recently.. he ok?

wait he show u his 6 packs ( combine into 1 ) then u know :XD:

• Praise 3

Should be Eusoff Ishak. He was chosen (Elected) by Parliament to be our 1st President, so was Benjamin Sheares, Devan Nair and Wee Kim Wee. Ong Teng Cheong was the 1st president to be voted in by Singaporeans in 93.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Not LKY meh? [confused]  [dizzy] 

Sorry, I am fully convinced by now that my history (and probably memory) is bad, after realizing that OTC is not the 1st elected president of Singapore (WKW should be the one according to the latest official source)... [furious]

And dear Mr. K. Shamnmugam, please deal with and take necessary actions against Wikipedia, for misleading readers that OTC is the republic 1st elected president (read: FAKE NEWS). :pissed-off:

I nearly forget, we will also need Mr. Ng Chee Meng to setup a committee to work with MOE to revise the history textbook, so as to promptly reflect the real / actual / official / calculated / or whatever you call it, 1st elected president of Singapore, else I kind of feel pity for those student who get penalize for the wrong answer during their "O" Level exam, and on a greater front, put the country to shame as its resident do not even know who is their country 1st president! 真是对祖国的莫大耻辱啊!! :omg:

Khaw-Boon-Wan-Tolong-e1372272938223.jpg

官有两个口!

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Should be Eusoff Ishak. He was chosen (Elected) by Parliament to be our 1st President, so was Benjamin Sheares, Devan Nair and Wee Kim Wee. Ong Teng Cheong was the 1st president to be voted in by Singaporeans in 93.

Hmm .......... only WKW is brother mah
  • Praise 4

(edited)

alamak kena labeled "self serving"

but self serving can be perceived both ways? [sly]

post-7984-0-58386600-1499427805_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

whether selfish or not, let the people decide lor, scare ah? [shakehead]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

was taught in Primary school that 1 of the duty of the president was to take care of welfare of the minority races in Singapore.....so most of the Parliament chosen candidates were from the minority races....WKW was a Peranakan if not wrong! But ya......still brothers....lol. But he sure is not my father nor my sibling.....

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

sorry, 70% ARE the joke [lipsrsealed][laugh] [laugh]

........ liddat 30% lan lan but enjoy the joke
  • Praise 8

Twincharged

AG again... Self serving? Wow.... I actually felt sick reading it.

This country is really making me feel ashamed.

I was afraid a freak result in amk grc in 2015 would knock out the pm and be bad for Singapore.

Not anymore...

• Praise 2

Supersonic

I get very nervous with extremely ambitious people with political aims.

But I admire their tenacity to try again and again.

And yes, I hate politics and am wary of all politicians. Regardless the colours of shirts and pants.

In this case, it is a political move. Checkmate too. Nothing's fair or unfair in politics or so I learnt. It's about who is in power and able to counter moves from any opponent. Machiam Art of War type of battle.

Not my cuppa of teh halia. But it's an unavoidable occurrence happening in every country. Just different strokes for different politicians.

Just my thoughts.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 4

Twincharged

I get very nervous with extremely ambitious people with political aims.

But I admire their tenacity to try again and again.

And yes, I hate politics and am wary of all politicians. Regardless the colours of shirts and pants.

In this case, it is a political move. Checkmate too. Nothing's fair or unfair in politics or so I learnt. It's about who is in power and able to counter moves from any opponent. Machiam Art of War type of battle.

Not my cuppa of teh halia. But it's an unavoidable occurrence happening in every country. Just different strokes for different politicians.

Just my thoughts.

Safe ride

Cheers

You are focusing on the wrong party.

Politicians will be politicians and it's normal for them to accuse each other of being self serving... And for us to accuse and judge them.

BUT.. the AGC is supposed to be professional and stick to answering why otc is not the first elected president.

Imagine if TCB actually wins and eventually becomes president.

How stupid and inappropriate is the AGC now?

Supersonic

You are focusing on the wrong party.

Politicians will be politicians and it's normal for them to accuse each other of being self serving... And for us to accuse and judge them.

BUT.. the AGC is supposed to be professional and stick to answering why otc is not the first elected president.

Imagine if TCB actually wins and eventually becomes president.

How stupid and inappropriate is the AGC now?

Like I said, it's a political move.

And the judge sumed it up very well. That there is nothing in the Constitution to specifically says at which point that is calculated.

Again, till the next new government comes in, I am also not sure when that will take place or that it will change this part of the Constitution then. That's politics for me. Muddy waters.

Thanks for sharing. I understand where you are coming from.

Safe ride and good weekend.

Cheers

• Praise 3

(edited)

sorry, 70% ARE the joke [lipsrsealed][laugh] [laugh]

so the 30% is butt of the joke..... Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement