2015 Sep, 2nd COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

Yes I agree, no need to feel sad or angry over it. u sign on the dotted line at the price u are ok n comfortable with. Also, few months later when the coe drops further(because increase in supply as more cars r due to scrapped in 2015-2016), coe will most likely drop further (hoping below 10k coe tho)....then altis will drop to below 100k...

Yes just enjoy the ride.. u signed at the price u chose to. u could chose not to..

Hahahaha, coe slowly dropping.. step by step... worth the wait..! :)

May be next time with the price of 107k can buy a harrier. more comfortable.

No one should be angry. Sad maybe. They went in with their eyes open. They all have their reasons. Now market is moving against them (perhaps only temporary), they just have to live with it. They took a bet. On the contrary, what if market goes up right after their booking?

End of the day, just move on once a decision is made.

last month ghost month ma .. biz slow is normal.

At the same time , no Transpok minister ... wait .. wait till they get a new now (very soon infact) .

you will see how the pappy shot the coe up :secret-laugh:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Ya lor.. possible..

economy not doing well and people are still buying car. One of my friends only earning 6k with 2 children also brought a brand new car. At night he has to drive taxi to maintain the life style. his age is younger than me but he look old. Edited by Eaton
  • Praise 1

At the same time , no Transpok minister ... wait .. wait till they get a new now (very soon infact) .

you will see how the pappy shot the coe up :secret-laugh:[/quote

I do not think 7th month has any effect on COE.

Bidding had gone on, perhaps registration of new cars by those already secured COEs might defer. So no effect on COE. Bid now register later after 7th month. No?

Edited by Latio2005A

you will see how the pappy shot the coe up :secret-laugh:[/quote

I do not think 7th month has any effect on COE.

Bidding had gone on, perhaps registration of new cars by those already secured COEs might defer. So no effect on COE. Bid now register later after 7th month. No?

AD also wont bid if there is no crowd ma ... bid means cash is tie up . of course 7th month is only part of reason for slow sales last month. kekeke

there were other reasons like GE , no TM , slow global market etc .

• Praise 5

Honestly.. for branding.. Japanese Toyota.. what branding??? lol [lipsrsealed]

Toyota is bread & butter to me.

Mercedes Benz, Porsche, BMW, Audi or even Lexus.. all these I can get it.

Some toyota i do not mind getting...toyota 86 is an example...

economy not doing well and people are still buying car. One of my friends only earning 6k with 2 children also brought a brand new car. At night he has to drive taxi to maintain the life style. his age is younger than me but he look old.

Siao....earning 6K buy car......hope for his own sake he is running his own business....coz if he is working a dead end job, he is just guaranteeing in future that he will constantly be downgrading the car or eventually be unable to afford a car.

Another friend of mine owns two new cars, one for his wife. Both are continental cars and highly branded. Three kids.

Their pay actually about 12K, but he earns more from his sideline than their main incomes combined.

Young still can, another 10 years if he reflects back, not sure whether he will feel worth it.

economy not doing well and people are still buying car. One of my friends only earning 6k with 2 children also brought a brand new car. At night he has to drive taxi to maintain the life style. his age is younger than me but he look old.

Edited by Seohster

Another friend of mine owns two new cars, one for his wife. Both are continental cars and highly branded. Three kids.

Their pay actually about 12K, but he earns more from his sideline than their main incomes combined.

Young still can, another 10 years if he reflects back, not sure whether he will feel worth it.

But the money ended up paying loan and no saving at all . I rather spend more time with family.

Siao....earning 6K buy car......hope for his own sake he is running his own business....coz if he is working a dead end job, he is just guaranteeing in future that he will constantly be downgrading the car or eventually be unable to afford a car.

Hmm for sub-$100K car, the monthly loan installments will come up to be about $1k plus minus... after 5 years, no need installments liao...

Offset the costs of taxi or family transports if no car of about $600/mth for full ten year... the extra expense of owning a car may not seem that much more than without...

Edited by danzo

I agree with you to an extent. Psychologically its healthier.

But in dollars and cents, do note that running costs of a car (parking, petrol, maintenance, insurance) will already be equal or more than the $600/month.

Hmm for sub-$100K car, the monthly loan installments will come up to be about $1k plus minus... after 5 years, no need installments liao...

Offset the costs of taxi or family transports if no car of about $600/mth for full ten year... the extra expense of owning a car may not seem that much more than without...

I agree with you to an extent. Psychologically its healthier.

But in dollars and cents, do note that running costs of a car (parking, petrol, maintenance, insurance) will already be equal or more than the $600/month.

Hmm you are right... plus minus.

Thus psychologically...if car price is around $70-80K, people may find that that's the breakeven point for owning car vs taxis and family transports...and the "masses" will rush in to buy at the point...

Edited by danzo

what sideline can earn more than $12K? i also want to try

shouldn't that be considered the main income while their regular incomes are sidelines?

:D