2015 Sep, 2nd COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

The interest tend to be higher also. In the end, you pay more than others.

Just tell the SE you want the Balloon Finance Scheme or Zero Downpayment Scheme.

63588_Chevrolet_Singapore_Singapore_0_th

↡ Advertisement

Bro, side track a bit.,,.... for people who do not have upfront cash to pay for the car, but monthly salary is able to pay the monthly installment.... how huh?? Believe now bank/finance company cannot loan 100%......

I heard some of the Parallel importers do offer 80% to 90% car loan, with just 20% downpayment of the car.. I saw from advertisements in sgcarmart de lor...

If 6k can't justify to own a new car, how much than consider justifiable? So all car owner here salary is at justifiable amount? Luckily I am earning more, if not I am also consider as siao [laugh]

btw, my colleague salary is 4k (wife & kid not working). He own a TypeR. Debate to me that whose say must earn a lot inorder to afford such car.

I agree with u... like u said, people who earn 4k per mth also can buy a car... my friend earn 2k plus per mth also can buy brand new conti recently.. those who earn 1k per mth i believe also have chance buy a car de..

The interest tend to be higher also. In the end, you pay more than others.

that's how things work here. for people who go for $0 downpayment, they gotta go in with their eyes wide open.

Siao....earning 6K buy car......hope for his own sake he is running his own business....coz if he is working a dead end job, he is just guaranteeing in future that he will constantly be downgrading the car or eventually be unable to afford a car.

$6k salary is very safe already..

The golden rules...try not to spend more than 2/3 of your salary for car.

2/3 of $6k.....is about $4k per month for car....very safe...

A lot of bread to eat... :TT_TT:

okie... may have a chat with them.... my ride coming 10 years soon.... still need a ride..... if cannot, then got to renew coe or get 2nd hand..... got bro told me renew boh hua..... [dead]

Aiya, i also everyday eat bread jus to save up to buy a car wad.. same same..

ohh, given ur golden rule ... my friend 2.8k per mth, then 2/3 of it is ard 1.8k per mth for a car.. very safe.. no wonder he can afford a brand new conti recently with 2.8k salary..

Edited by Girlgirlzz

There is no hard and fast rule on when you can afford a car. It's up to you how much you want to spend.

Earn 5k also can afford. Take home 4k, car loan about 1k, insurance and road tax about 200, petrol and cashcard 500. Still got 2.3k to spend for the month.

Do your own sums and budgeting, keeping in mind a car will cost about 1.5-2k per month.

Yes everyone I know is either waiting for COE to burst or for property to burst even though much has been done to deflate both via the TDSR and minimum required downpayments.

Hope everyone can be happy ultimately. Let the market work things out.

Most importantly, the most precious things in life are free. Clean air (for 11 months every year), time and bonding with family. Do enjoy those while they are available. It's worse than not being able to buy car or property when they are lost!

Still waiting property bubble to burst

• Praise 1

There is no hard and fast rule on when you can afford a car. It's up to you how much you want to spend.

Earn 5k also can afford. Take home 4k, car loan about 1k, insurance and road tax about 200, petrol and cashcard 500. Still got 2.3k to spend for the month.

Do your own sums and budgeting, keeping in mind a car will cost about 1.5-2k per month.

Try not to take any bank loan...paid the car price in full...

Only buy what your budget allow...small budget buy small car...bigger budget buy bigger car...

This way, you only need to spent on petrol, parking, road tax, maintenance...

• Praise 1

that's how things work here. for people who go for $0 downpayment, they gotta go in with their eyes wide open.

Isn't this same as long term leasing??

Edited by danzo

Try not to take any bank loan...paid the car price in full...

Only buy what your budget allow...small budget buy small car...bigger budget buy bigger car...

This way, you only need to spent on petrol, parking, road tax, maintenance...

Damn good advice bro [thumbsup].

Should be 1/3 ba.

2/3 of you income on car is too much.

new transport minister say "CAR LIGHT" what than means? So COE story is likely to change. Our beautiful dream of more Coe expiring is still true...nightmares of COE cold storage? Will it come?

new transport minister say "CAR LIGHT" what than means? So COE story is likely to change. Our beautiful dream of more Coe expiring is still true...nightmares of COE cold storage? Will it come?

Khaw - who said he did not volunteer for the Transport post, but willingly agreed when approached by the Prime Minister - said his vision of the future Singapore was that of a "car-light" society.

"As Transport Minister, my major objective is to further raise the quality of life for Singaporeans - make it easier for them to move about on feet, bicycle, bus, train and driverless cars. One critical piece is an extensive and reliable rail infrastructure. We have launched huge numbers of rail lines - some 60 billion dollars' worth - so when fully implemented it'll be a big plus for Singaporeans," said Mr Khaw.

"But in terms of reliability, we are not quite there yet. Let's be realistic about such a complex system - it's not rocket science but also not straightforward. There will be fires big and small but I hope for Singaporeans' patience and we will do our best."

Khaw - who said he did not volunteer for the Transport post, but willingly agreed when approached by the Prime Minister - said his vision of the future Singapore was that of a "car-light" society.

"As Transport Minister, my major objective is to further raise the quality of life for Singaporeans - make it easier for them to move about on feet, bicycle, bus, train and driverless cars. One critical piece is an extensive and reliable rail infrastructure. We have launched huge numbers of rail lines - some 60 billion dollars' worth - so when fully implemented it'll be a big plus for Singaporeans," said Mr Khaw.

"But in terms of reliability, we are not quite there yet. Let's be realistic about such a complex system - it's not rocket science but also not straightforward. There will be fires big and small but I hope for Singaporeans' patience and we will do our best."

Siao liao... This kind like meaning he wan to make public transport the number 1 choice of transport :P

I still remain hopeful of my below 10k COE price... :) In current time, current car prices, is overly expensive and unaffordable for me.. So the only thing I could do nw is to wait for bigger drop in COE prices.. hehe.. I believe tomorrow and the future will be better.. :) Yay! :)

I still remain hopeful of my below 10k COE price... :) In current time, current car prices, is overly expensive and unaffordable for me.. So the only thing I could do nw is to wait for bigger drop in COE prices.. hehe.. I believe tomorrow and the future will be better.. :) Yay! :)

Good luck

↡ Advertisement