Air purifier for car

east41st

Personally, I don't trust air purifier and prefer Ionizer especially Sharp Car Ionizer which is more effective for a cleaner air within the cabin.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The problem with the way this is installed is that it leaves a depression / mark on your headrests after a prolonged period

New-Original-Xiaomi-Car-Air-Purifier-for Just brought this at Q10 for $59.99....

• Praise 2

Personally, I don't trust air purifier and prefer Ionizer especially Sharp Car Ionizer which is more effective for a cleaner air within the cabin.

Using one bought from Lazada. Just nice to put it on a spare cup holder.

• Praise 1

Using one bought from Lazada. Just nice to put it on a spare cup holder.

Good investment!

I have a full-size Sharp in my car, but if ever I need one for a smaller car without the necessary space to install it, I'd get the cup holder sized one too.

When I do that, I'd wire it to continue running after I switched off the engine... for perhaps 15 minutes... to get rid of lingering smell.

• Praise 1

Good investment!

I have a full-size Sharp in my car, but if ever I need one for a smaller car without the necessary space to install it, I'd get the cup holder sized one too.

When I do that, I'd wire it to continue running after I switched off the engine... for perhaps 15 minutes... to get rid of lingering smell.

Wow, you using full size Sharp Ionizer in your car, what model is that?

PSA: I decided to buy a high quality cabin air filter to replace my current one. In theory it should impact the car air quality more than anything else since all Aircon air flows through it.

Anyway, I bought a Bosch HEPA cabin filter to replace my current stock filter. Stupidly threw out my current filter thinking all would be fine (it was somewhat dirty). The Bosch HEPA filter definitely gives cleaner air, but it reduces airflow to a point where the car is always hot in SG temps. You need to crank down the temperature 2-3 degrees per normal, but then the Aircon always sounds like it's on max setting.

Anyway, I don't recommend the Bosch HEPA filter.

• Praise 1

PSA: I decided to buy a high quality cabin air filter to replace my current one. In theory it should impact the car air quality more than anything else since all Aircon air flows through it.

Anyway, I bought a Bosch HEPA cabin filter to replace my current stock filter. Stupidly threw out my current filter thinking all would be fine (it was somewhat dirty). The Bosch HEPA filter definitely gives cleaner air, but it reduces airflow to a point where the car is always hot in SG temps. You need to crank down the temperature 2-3 degrees per normal, but then the Aircon always sounds like it's on max setting.

Anyway, I don't recommend the Bosch HEPA filter.

I used to have an ioniser in the car! You can feel the freshness of the air!

• Praise 2

I actually have a sharp ioniser for the car, that I run on turbo mode whenever the car is on. But they predict this quarter there will be more haze, so double up.

Agree with that, nothing beats the Sharp Ioniser for car and even my room in order to keep the air fresh as well as reduce the static electricity when you rub between fabrics.

I actually have a sharp ioniser for the car, that I run on turbo mode whenever the car is on. But they predict this quarter there will be more haze, so double up.

100% agreed Sharp plasmacluster no horse run [thumbsup]

Agree with that, nothing beats the Sharp Ioniser for car and even my room in order to keep the air fresh as well as reduce the static electricity when you rub between fabrics.

remember to replace the "generator" every 3 to 5 years  :a-toast:

Edited by Inlinefour
  • Praise 4

100% agreed Sharp plasmacluster no horse run [thumbsup]

remember to replace the "generator" every 3 to 5 years :a-toast:

Oh. I think my car ioniser is overdue for replacement so guess need to purchase a new one!

Just did a search online then notice that my Sharp Car Ionizer do not need replacement unless the Unit LED has the following indication. My set is still working fine without the Unit Led blinking etc.

post-129209-0-45570300-1565509190_thumb.jpg

Edited by Benchong05
  • Praise 2

Just did a search online then notice that my Sharp Car Ionizer do not need replacement unless the Unit LED has the following indication. My set is still working fine without the Unit Led blinking etc.

Thank you so much for digging up this info!

From the look of it, the Ionizer will never need replacement!  

Earlier in this thread, a fellow user did mentioned he brought his back to the Agent for cleaning.  I can't recall what was done at the agent's workshop but hope it's actually something we can DIY with some simple household tools.

↡ Advertisement