Nissan GTR 3.8L

Aerosmith

not sure yet. all i know is that if my car wasnt under warranty - GB change would have been 30k.

when i do my next major servicing, i'll update this thread. if i have to do major servicing ... change tire and change brakes ... ho seh liao!

nope, so far nothing else has worn out. touch wood please.

will know more when this major service is due in a couple of weeks.

dont think its possible to downgrade the rims, have not heard of anyone ever doing it so far.

gtr needs special tires (there's some knurling, to prevent the tire from flying off during acceleration .. or at least thats what nissan says)

your car will fetch a higher price in the used car market.

so well maintained, and most importantly STOCK.

impressive..

↡ Advertisement

Yes you have. Somewhere in the labyrinth that is MCF. And that was the reason why I am driving a Lexus. Thank you. :meaw:

M3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.............>>>>>> GS 😂😂😂

wah, almost every year change tyres ......

and brake pads at 4K? [dizzy]

Rich man's car - period. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

did you ever ever had any doubt about Spawn's wealth?

:D

• Praise 2

your car will fetch a higher price in the used car market.

so well maintained, and most importantly STOCK.

impressive..

not really lah. mine was involved in a major accident already.

but yes, 100% stock, never been launched, and cant complain since the gearbox is definitely better than the one it came with.

had the MFD replaced as well ;)

but probably going to drive for another 2-3 years.

did you ever ever had any doubt about Spawn's wealth?

:D

mai la. 2009 price and now price cant compare. that time COE only 12k some more .. (or was it 15? i cant recall)

as it is, DBS owns me for another decade and a half ... at least. :grin:

Sounds to me like if change to smaller size rims (for cheaper tyres), then cost may come down. Of course brake kit also downgrade and drive slowly/normal.

yeah but then why buy/own/drive a GTR?

on the rims, definitely can change to aftermkt but I don't think GTR owners will downsize.

my fren had a puncture on his 500km old tyre on his R35... decided to change one pair ($$$$$) instead of repairing.

omg, so old thread also kena dig.

anyway, my costs are lower compared to spawn.

to be honest, i consider myself quite lucky to not get a lemon one.

mine is stage 2 modified and i drive it like i stole it, so if you get a stock one, it will definitely be cheaper to maintain.

my latest full servicing, engine oil, trans oil, diff oil etc is $1.4k.

have not changed tyre for 3 years already. PSS last very long. but will costs $2k to replace FYI.

brake pads is endless brand and they are really endless, serious, since 2008 to now, it is still 3/4 new lol. but the screeching noise is ...

for repairs, my coolant tank boom, forgotten how much, but not expensive.

replaced radiator fan, i think was $900 (considering normal saloon jap fan is $100?)

car never once broke down, which is what you expect from a japanese brand.

just have to take note of slopes cause it is lower than usual, i don't know how many times relacquer the carbon fiber front lip already.

dashboard if left under sun will crack. $2k to releather.

gearbox is noisy and jerky from 2nd gear to 1st gear especially when you drive in auto up slopes etc. bell housing is always noisy, don't need spend money replace.

some more tips to you if you are shopping for one, make sure you get those with the changed selector clips in the gearbox, once that minor change is done, seriously, gearbox can last forever one la. all those gearbox spoil is either lemon or stock from 2008.

make sure the transmission software is updated to LC5+ (should be done free if you have the cobbs tuning).

make sure the owner spent that $200 to get the rear lights modded so all 4 rings light up at night.

there are some in the market i just browsed that are really really good deals on paper, they have the new 2012 gearbox, litchfield suspension (this alone already $8k) etc. to me la, get those with 3rd party exhaust, if not whats the use lor...

try to stick to stage 2, cause this is enough power yet lta legal.

if you want, just get it la, you only live once, don't think about costs. if you can buy it now in cash, you can pay for the running costs. just for the driving experience, you need $500k car and above to just be on par with it liao.

• Praise 8

Aerosmith...where u maintain the GTR...the few big shops ? ...I wanna do my homework n read up more to understand. I can buy in cash, no issue. I have spare car to use as well. If I get, the GTR will prolly get 2 tanks petrol per mth or equivalent ard 10k km per year

Stuffs like pentosin etc...

Yes..we only live once and the uncertainty of what comes tomorrow !

Frankly speaking, what are the realistic depreciation for used GTR now ? $20-$30k range ?

i initially maintain at MB motors. but i did not get a good experience there, so now at maximus racing where you pay slightly more for a boutique feel.

take note gtr maintenance cycle is 5k km. so maybe that is why everyone say it is expensive.

regarding what brand of oil, i personally don't know, i let the workshop decide, the 3 main gtr workshops should be experts.

conservative driving, mine get 300km per tank (6km/l), but aggressive driving, maybe 250km per tank. stock gtr especially the 2015 ones i heard can even get 400km per tank.

when i got mine a long time ago, i think mine was $20k depreciation. for gtr, you should include body value in order to get realistic depreciation. e.g. what is the export value of the car at the end of its 10 year COE. another way to get a good estimation is to just compare price difference between two cars of different year, that should be a good approximate of the depreciation too. e.g. if 2008 and 2009 got an average of $20k difference, that should be the depreciation.

omg, so old thread also kena dig.

anyway, my costs are lower compared to spawn.

to be honest, i consider myself quite lucky to not get a lemon one.

mine is stage 2 modified and i drive it like i stole it, so if you get a stock one, it will definitely be cheaper to maintain.

my latest full servicing, engine oil, trans oil, diff oil etc is $1.4k.

have not changed tyre for 3 years already. PSS last very long. but will costs $2k to replace FYI.

brake pads is endless brand and they are really endless, serious, since 2008 to now, it is still 3/4 new lol. but the screeching noise is ...

for repairs, my coolant tank boom, forgotten how much, but not expensive.

replaced radiator fan, i think was $900 (considering normal saloon jap fan is $100?)

car never once broke down, which is what you expect from a japanese brand.

just have to take note of slopes cause it is lower than usual, i don't know how many times relacquer the carbon fiber front lip already.

dashboard if left under sun will crack. $2k to releather.

gearbox is noisy and jerky from 2nd gear to 1st gear especially when you drive in auto up slopes etc. bell housing is always noisy, don't need spend money replace.

some more tips to you if you are shopping for one, make sure you get those with the changed selector clips in the gearbox, once that minor change is done, seriously, gearbox can last forever one la. all those gearbox spoil is either lemon or stock from 2008.

make sure the transmission software is updated to LC5+ (should be done free if you have the cobbs tuning).

make sure the owner spent that $200 to get the rear lights modded so all 4 rings light up at night.

there are some in the market i just browsed that are really really good deals on paper, they have the new 2012 gearbox, litchfield suspension (this alone already $8k) etc. to me la, get those with 3rd party exhaust, if not whats the use lor...

try to stick to stage 2, cause this is enough power yet lta legal.

if you want, just get it la, you only live once, don't think about costs. if you can buy it now in cash, you can pay for the running costs. just for the driving experience, you need $500k car and above to just be on par with it liao.

Yup pricing is Tan Chong pricing as I said.

However one caveat is the PI cars are in Japanese.

I don't have the issues with understanding the errors since mine is in English

Yup pricing is Tan Chong pricing as I said.

However one caveat is the PI cars are in Japanese.

I don't have the issues with understanding the errors since mine is in English

yup you raised one good point on the japanese menu. best is get a the workshop to teach you some of the important stuff like connecting bluetooth.

but to be honest, i never touched the touchscreen for 2 years already lol.

once or twice will have one error is about your tyre pressure low.

i also launch the car on sandy road before and the 4wd warning light up. in such cases, i just whatsapp the picture to mechanics and they translate for me. if you have friends who can read japanese even better lol.

yup you raised one good point on the japanese menu. best is get a the workshop to teach you some of the important stuff like connecting bluetooth.

but to be honest, i never touched the touchscreen for 2 years already lol.

once or twice will have one error is about your tyre pressure low.

i also launch the car on sandy road before and the 4wd warning light up. in such cases, i just whatsapp the picture to mechanics and they translate for me. if you have friends who can read japanese even better lol.

please tell me you are on the GTROCSG whatsapp group. much easier lol.

sometimes someone runs into trouble, they just whatsapp the pic of the issue and get an answer quite fast =)

please tell me you are on the GTROCSG whatsapp group. much easier lol.

sometimes someone runs into trouble, they just whatsapp the pic of the issue and get an answer quite fast =)

lol, not in that group lol

and i thought my recent tyre change at $750 for 4 pcs was expensive.. now i say out also lao kwee liao [smallcry]

For 20 inch with low profile tyre already cost 400-600 each.

Let alone spawn GTR which i believe on 22 inch

Yo B, u still driving your M?

M for mazda or merc??? [grin]

For 20 inch with low profile tyre already cost 400-600 each.

Let alone spawn GTR which i believe on 22 inch

M for mazda or merc??? [grin]

Bro mine is stock 20" straight from nissan factory :) those prices are for 20"

↡ Advertisement