Volkswagen scandal

Caravan

True also lah bro but damn frustrating to hear CEOs pushing the blame to someone else without batting an eyelid. To blame NEA is ridiculous to the extreme.

Maybe that's why I'm not a CEO cos I can't do this. At most I'll damage control, sell my brand's virtues and re-iterate our commitment to solve the problem but blame someone else, can't do this I'm afraid!!

therefore, we r not CEO material!

er, n neither r we in sales..

NOx reacts with ammonia, moisture, and other compounds to form nitric acid vapor and related particles. Small particles can penetrate deeply into sensitive lung tissue and damage it, causing premature death in extreme cases. Inhalation of such particles may cause or worsen respiratory diseases, such as emphysema or bronchitis, or may also aggravate existing heart disease.[13]

NOx reacts with volatile organic compounds in the presence of sunlight to form ozone. Ozone can cause adverse effects such as damage to lung tissue and reduction in lung function mostly in susceptible populations (children, elderly, asthmatics). Ozone can be transported by wind currents and cause health impacts far from the original sources. The American Lung Association estimates that nearly 50 percent of United States inhabitants live in counties that are not in ozone compliance

(Extracted from wikipedia)

Sad thing is, by the time we care enough because the emission has caused our loved ones to suffer, it will be too late. Just like how we don't care about what paper products we use until the haze hits us. Now people are all calling for boycott of the affected paper products.

is there a way to extract & transmit the ozone from our habitat to the actual ozone layer?

↡ Advertisement

therefore, we r not CEO material!

er, n neither r we in sales..

Haha bro very true!

At the risk of offending CEOs and Mgmt level staff, I find these guys not very honest in their presentation and comments most of the time. Black can say until white needs some skill [;)]

Of course there are exceptions so maybe unfair for me to generalize but sad to say quite a fair bit are like this. I once commented to a colleague that CEO/Mgmt level guys must be spin doctors else you can't fit into those positions [:p]

• Praise 4

Haha bro very true!

At the risk of offending CEOs and Mgmt level staff, I find these guys not very honest in their presentation and comments most of the time. Black can say until white needs some skill [;)]

Of course there are exceptions so maybe unfair for me to generalize but sad to say quite a fair bit are like this. I once commented to a colleague that CEO/Mgmt level guys must be spin doctors else you can't fit into those positions [:p]

skill is far fetched; most important is to be able to erode ur conscience while at work.

• Praise 2

skill is far fetched; most important is to be able to erode ur conscience while at work.

That's why people like me will never rise cos my conscience is too strong to say black is white n be a yes man to the boss when we have subordinates to answer to as well!!

Anyway, point I was trying to make is that the VW S'pore CEO should just accept the LTA rule and go about planning how quickly they can do the necessary rectification so that LTA can uplift the new car registration ban on their diesel cars rather than ranting on the radio as reported by one of the bros here.

He should also be planning how to convince/pacify those VW diesel buyers who are awaiting registration or maybe he shld work out with Head Office on how they could cxl the diesel purchase in exchange for a petrol one as those successfully bidded COE may expire soon.

• Praise 4

a ceo's tenure is usually not very long

most important is to make as much money for himself as possible during the short tenure

after that he can start talking about morals and conscience

:D

• Praise 2

a ceo's tenure is usually not very long

most important is to make as much money for himself as possible during the short tenure

after that he can start talking about morals and conscience

:D

You are right, former SMRT CEO Saw is a good example. 

From shareholders and board perspectives, she has done a good job. Open shops in MRT stations and withhold the purse strings on maintenance so that balance sheet shows good profits. She has earned her keeps.

Is this really true? I don't think so. If she willingly saved on maintenance just to earn more $ for SMRT then I would say, where's her conscience as she knowingly withheld $ for maintenance which is simple common sense that all mechanical items need regular servicing/maintenance.

I would only give her the benefit of the doubt if she was mislead by her engineers but a CEO should have trusted lieutenants to guide her decision making.

Anyway, my point is making $ at the expense of conscience is a no go for me. Only China does that [:p]

• Praise 6

That's why people like me will never rise cos my conscience is too strong to say black is white n be a yes man to the boss when we have subordinates to answer to as well!!

Anyway, point I was trying to make is that the VW S'pore CEO should just accept the LTA rule and go about planning how quickly they can do the necessary rectification so that LTA can uplift the new car registration ban on their diesel cars rather than ranting on the radio as reported by one of the bros here. 

He should also be planning how to convince/pacify those VW diesel buyers who are awaiting registration or maybe he shld work out with Head Office on how they could cxl the diesel purchase in exchange for a petrol one as those successfully bidded COE may expire soon.

your proposition seemed doable, but unsure if vw company as a whole, not just s'pore, will share same view, though ceo may have to make first proposal. those who booked diesel may not wish to have petrol variant n may demand further rebate / compensation / refund.

if it entails too much "losses", vw most likely act blur first / refund deposit.

• Praise 2

Absolutely - it's pretty simple if they have the will. 

Just say cannot renew roadtax until you have proof that the fix has been made. 

Whether it's advisable or not is a different matter. 

Also - if it becomes a legal requirement - then I would expect it strengthens the case for compensation....which is "anti VW" - so whether they want to do that is also a question mark

sekali VW cheat in the fix also.

• Praise 2

wah so fast ... *woof* *woof*

Ha ha - 

"the Wolf of Wallstreet" ...

Yeah it was just a movie ...but still, 

Kinda Ironic don't ya think? 

• Praise 2

yeah, the movie will show the engineers developing the cheat code ... every night organise sex and drug party for motivation ... lol

Ha ha - 

"the Wolf of Wallstreet" ...

Yeah it was just a movie ...but still, 

Kinda Ironic don't ya think? 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

yeah, the movie will show the engineers developing the cheat code ... every night organise sex and drug party for motivation ... lol

yes, i can imagine....

They, frolicking in the nude, shouting f#@k NEA, f#@k EPA, f#@k Consumers! Show me the money!

*snaps back to reality*

• Praise 2

dont worry la ... the scandal is caused by VW

dont think LTA or authority will ask owner to pay

what worry me is if LTA declare these car are not allowed to run on the road until it is fixed ... then owner is left high and dry

sell cannot ... keep at bay also wasted ... scrap? how to claim losses from VW - ho say liao

Don't think so la, already bought and not car owner fault. How can LTA suka suka recall them back and disallow them to drive it?

• Praise 2

Don't think so la, already bought and not car owner fault. How can LTA suka suka recall them back and disallow them to drive it?

VW sold in Singapore are not involved in the scandal....all are cleared and given thumbs-up by NEA.

• Praise 3

Oh...never see that...

I only come across this one from STRAITS TIMES.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/volkswagen-models-in-emissions-scandal-not-sold-in-singapore-nea

How come CNA and ST got different report ????

NEA tell CNA one story and tell ST another story ????

Edited by Imac