Volkswagen scandal

Caravan

yeah, the movie will show the engineers developing the cheat code ... every night organise sex and drug party for motivation ... lol

If you've seen "The Insider" with Al Pacino and Russel Crowe... that was about the tobacco industry and their coverups... you know this scandal has good material

For this scandal, they can make a damn interesting movie about the lies by the executives and a plucky small town scientist who doggedly pursues the truth... throw up some drama about excessive NOx killing a few oldies and hurting children... and maybe some suspense about hired guns trying to silence our hero and we have Oscar material right there.

Edited by ins1dious
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Our NEA........

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/volkswagen-models-in-emissions-scandal-not-sold-in-singapore-nea

Volkswagen models in emissions scandal not sold in Singapore: NEA

5 days later....

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/vw-scandal-hits-half-a-dozen-models-sold-in-spore

VW scandal hits half a dozen models sold in Singapore

*face palm*

Re-quote for lmac

Edited by Rantwb
  • Praise 2

More bad news.

Thought only the old diesel models were affected?

Now VW has confessed to the US EPA that even their 2016 models have cheat devices :

Just when you thought the Volkswagen emissions scandal couldn't get any worse, it might do just that. The automaker revealed to US regulators last week that its 2016 diesel models may have a different device that could help those vehicles earn higher marks on the government's emissions tests. The tech in question is "auxiliary emissions control device" separate from the software on automobiles made between 2009-2015 that was first disclosed last month. This new software heats the pollution control catalyst quicker, boosting the performance of the components responsible for separating harmful nitrogen dioxide into nitrogen and oxygen.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/14/volkswagen-2016-diesels-emissions-cheating/#continued

• Praise 3

The claim by VW is that they will recall affected vehicles to fix the problem. But my question is that " Do they really have a solution and if so, why cheat in the first place".

Yes, they dragged their feet.

But, when initially released, the product is not faulty. It was up to spec.

What went wrong for them was the degradation of the propellant. The problem was discovered after several aged car had out of the ordinary explosion of the propellant that blew metal shards. Yes, they should have taken steps earlier.

No, they didn't cheat the govt testing, and no they didn't give the global population a faulty product.

The context is different. Why is this issue even compared and mentioned?

Just read your message. You must be a huge HONDA fan to be able to argue like that.

Normal people would be able to conclude that the company did try to cover up after realising the cause of fatalities yet do nothing to protect the safety of its loyal fans. It DID give the global population a faulty product, something that deteriorated and became dangerous later on. The company is no better to drag its feet in admitting the fault earlier.

Lets not put these companies on higher moral pedestal that they deserve, even if you are its loyal fanboy.

• Praise 1

I heard this from somewhere..

1. VW cars in Taiwan, are you sure that the car will fail emission test?

2, Vw cars in Thailand, are you sure the car will fail emission test?

also, last time when Toyota is being fined for their accelerator issue, is their country in deficit?

might be a political ploy?

don't ban me, im just thinking aloud since bosch have sent VW a letter 7 yrs ago about the defeat device and since then no once took action?

• Praise 1

I fear for the current tdi owners especially the touran as new sales of tdi is suspended in VCS. Can't sell now after bought at high price. Just tahan until the fix nxt year. Look at it positively it is still a very nice car to drive with good fc. Just hope no mu failure, etc b4 the fix. It is a car to be driven and enjoy not a car for sustainability. Anyway who cares abt emission more than the gb problem. U fix it, ur fc goes up and ur acc also goes down. There is a price for fixing the scandal. Even rite now as i have downgraded to a smaller car.i can't deny I still miss the touran features-spacious, many compartments, good fc, large touchscreen, etc etc but it is a pity the gb sucks when spoil.

I fear for the current tdi owners especially the touran as new sales of tdi is suspended in VCS. Can't sell now after bought at high price. Just tahan until the fix nxt year. Look at it positively it is still a very nice car to drive with good fc. Just hope no mu failure, etc b4 the fix. It is a car to be driven and enjoy not a car for sustainability. Anyway who cares abt emission more than the gb problem. U fix it, ur fc goes up and ur acc also goes down. There is a price for fixing the scandal. Even rite now as i have downgraded to a smaller car.i can't deny I still miss the touran features-spacious, many compartments, good fc, large touchscreen, etc etc but it is a pity the gb sucks when spoil.

Sales suspended at VCS but current owners not allowed to put their rides in resale market? You sure?

er .. probably can sell but who's buying ? so equates to "can't sell"

Correct!!! U hit the jackpot. Now got vw roadshow at Jurong point but not even a customer... Reputation very badly hit.

Correct!!! U hit the jackpot. Now got vw roadshow at Jurong point but not even a customer... Reputation very badly hit.

Can i have that Jetta at 80k?  [:p]  [:p]  [:p]

Take it or leave it man..

Jurong pt heavily populated yet none visited the roadshow? Or u just passed by but happened to c no one?

Can i have that Jetta at 80k? [:p][:p][:p]

Take it or leave it man..

U very generous. I'll only consider when coe free at this juncture, but the gb n mu fix probablg gonna cost some 5 figures?
  • Praise 1

er .. probably can sell but who's buying ? so equates to "can't sell"

Not everyone who bought a new car wants to sell immediately.

What does it matter 3-4 years down the road? At that time car model takes a secondary role instead of coe/car price in influencing buyers.

↡ Advertisement