Caravan

Volkswagen scandal

Turbocharged

I fear for the current tdi owners especially the touran as new sales of tdi is suspended in VCS. Can't sell now after bought at high price. Just tahan until the fix nxt year. Look at it positively it is still a very nice car to drive with good fc. Just hope no mu failure, etc b4 the fix. It is a car to be driven and enjoy not a car for sustainability. Anyway who cares abt emission more than the gb problem. U fix it, ur fc goes up and ur acc also goes down. There is a price for fixing the scandal. Even rite now as i have downgraded to a smaller car.i can't deny I still miss the touran features-spacious, many compartments, good fc, large touchscreen, etc etc but it is a pity the gb sucks when spoil.

Sales suspended at VCS but current owners not allowed to put their rides in resale market? You sure?

↡ Advertisement

2nd Gear

er .. probably can sell but who's buying ? so equates to "can't sell"

Correct!!! U hit the jackpot. Now got vw roadshow at Jurong point but not even a customer... Reputation very badly hit.

6th Gear

Correct!!! U hit the jackpot. Now got vw roadshow at Jurong point but not even a customer... Reputation very badly hit.

Can i have that Jetta at 80k?  [:p]  [:p]  [:p]

Take it or leave it man..

Supercharged

Jurong pt heavily populated yet none visited the roadshow? Or u just passed by but happened to c no one?

Can i have that Jetta at 80k? [:p][:p][:p]

Take it or leave it man..

U very generous. I'll only consider when coe free at this juncture, but the gb n mu fix probablg gonna cost some 5 figures?
  • Praise 1

4th Gear

er .. probably can sell but who's buying ? so equates to "can't sell"

Not everyone who bought a new car wants to sell immediately.

What does it matter 3-4 years down the road? At that time car model takes a secondary role instead of coe/car price in influencing buyers.

Supersonic (edited)

Haha bro very true!

At the risk of offending CEOs and Mgmt level staff, I find these guys not very honest in their presentation and comments most of the time. Black can say until white needs some skill [;)]

Of course there are exceptions so maybe unfair for me to generalize but sad to say quite a fair bit are like this. I once commented to a colleague that CEO/Mgmt level guys must be spin doctors else you can't fit into those positions [:p]

Seriously, it has been well established that a disproportionate number of CEOs are psychopaths, i.e. no functioning conscience. It's considered a performance enhancing trait for such jobs. Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Supersonic (edited)

somewhat agree ... if a ceo is a 9-to-5 guy with no "ambitious" 野心 (the dark side) ... he is not a ceo material

Seriously, it has been well established that a disproportionate number of CEOs are psychopaths, i.e. no functioning conscience. It's considered a performance enhancing trait for such jobs.

Edited by Wt_know

6th Gear

er ..  probably can sell but who's buying ? so equates to "can't sell"

Er, better to buy the emission spewing older models than a new one next year mah. You buy new VW TDI more FC less power.

The current ones are like 'Limited edition High Output Models' liao.

Supersonic (edited)

time to change car [sly]

post-7984-0-01877000-1445301212_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic (edited)

The 28K repair touran tdi owner ---  mai tu liao...

Edited by Baal

Hypersonic

I almost fall off my chair when reading this news. Lai liao, more dirty laundry might be surfacing soon...

James Dyson accuses Bosch of cheating 'like Volkswagen'

Sir James Dyson has claimed Bosch are the Volkswagen of the vacuum cleaner world as he launched legal action against his German engineering rival.

“Bosch has installed control electronics into some of its machines to wrongfully increase energy consumption when in use – to cheat the EU energy label,” Sir James said. “Their behaviour is akin to that seen in the Volkswagen scandal.

“It seems that industry is rife with manufacturers engineering to find their way around tests, rather than engineering better, more efficient technology. This behaviour is seriously misleading customers.”

Sir James has alleged that the AAAA energy rating achieved by some of Bosch’s vacuum cleaner models was achieved during lab tests with a clean bag in use. But sensors within the vacuum cleaner tell the motor to increase energy use from 750W to 1,600W when the bag is full of dirt to maintain performance, which reduces the energy rating to an E or F.

These findings came to light during independent laboratory testing, according to Sir James. ​

Bosch supplied the engine control systems that VW used to install “defeat devices”, which embroiled the car maker in the diesels emissions-rigging scandal.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

time to change car [sly]

I think this will be the only fair way forward for VW's customers.

VW must have the moral obligation to fix the diesel cheat device and return fuel economy to as near as possible to their published levels when selling the car... failing which... they should buy back the car at its fully sold price... not some depreciated crap value...

There should be additional fines from the various governments/EPA's for their deliberate cheating, etc.

Just to fix the cheat device, pay a token compensation to the affected customers and pay a fine (however big) to the government wouldn't do. This might cost a bomb... but they had free cash flow of US$12b last year. So not impossible for that company

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I think this will be the only fair way forward for VW's customers.

VW must have the moral obligation to fix the diesel cheat device and return fuel economy to as near as possible to their published levels when selling the car... failing which... they should buy back the car at its fully sold price... not some depreciated crap value...

There should be additional fines from the various governments/EPA's for their deliberate cheating, etc.

Just to fix the cheat device, pay a token compensation to the affected customers and pay a fine (however big) to the government wouldn't do. This might cost a bomb... but they had free cash flow of US$12b last year. So not impossible for that company

If only car are sold at cost...

Imagine if you are a business owner, will you buy back your defective product at above your selling price (and in Singapore >2 times diff)? I am not taking side (in fact I condemn on VW for the dirty trick), but realistically, get the defect rectified (and meeting all outher specifications), with some "level" of compensation for the lower resale value is a more feasibile way for all.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

If only car are sold at cost...

Imagine if you are a business owner, will you buy back your defective product at above your selling price (and in Singapore >2 times diff)? I am not taking side (in fact I condemn on VW for the dirty trick), but realistically, get the defect rectified (and meeting all outher specifications), with some "level" of compensation for the lower resale value is a more feasibile way for all.

Perhaps... I was just being my commie belligerent self there...

But VW can't fix the NOx issue and maintain their promised performance and give their quoted economy figures. Something has to give somewhere...

What if a customer claims he requires all three... to a reason. Rather than saying get stuffed... VW should initiate a voluntary repayment of the money.

Knowingly selling a defective product makes the argument moot about only paying the cost price. They cheated... so there's a price to pay... and that price shouldn't come from dealers/customers/etc.

Fix the car and compensation for resale value? Maybe... or better for compulsory buy back scheme with a value fixed above normal depreciation also can.

Basically what I'm saying that any costs... however small... should only come from the pocket of VW. It's their comeuppance.

↡ Advertisement