Volkswagen scandal

Caravan

what!!!, petrol engine now. huat ah, time to change car alr [:p]

huat ah......you can finally ask VCS for a refund.  [bounce1]  [bounce1]

↡ Advertisement

jialat .. those with 1.4 tsi kenna stuck liao  ..wanna sell also cannot

who want to sell lo...only losers are the environment,  taxman (CEV rebate) and VW (to take liability for cheating).   All the benefits go to the buyer (more rebate, better performance/FC and someone (VW) whom the buyer gained some leverage).  

add hardware (add weight)

detune engine

equals poorer performance

get ready to be chiet to pieces by civics and altises

better join that indian guy and sue for total refund

free pass to get out of 7dsggate

:ph34r:  :D

Published on Nov 04, 2015
Diesel scandal: VW meets car owners but questions linger
CHRISTOPHER TAN

THE scene was not unlike that of a posh car launch - buffet dinner, a "live" band and goodie bags at the door. But it was, in fact, a sombre briefing Volkswagen Singapore held for owners of 662 vehicles affected by a diesel scandal involving 11 million vehicles worldwide.

Volkswagen had sought to reach out to its customers one month after United States regulators found that the manufacturer had incorporated a device in its diesel cars to cheat during emission tests.

At the briefing, held last Wednesday and Thursday, Volkswagen Singapore apologised to customers, assured them that their cars were roadworthy and said solutions to fix their cars were on the way.

Volkswagen Singapore spokesman Colin Yong said: "We want them to know that they have our fullest support and that we intend to maintain complete transparency with them as we move forward."

But those who attended the event said they came away with more questions than answers, and at least one has sent a lawyer's letter to demand that Volkswagen take back the Volkswagen Touran seven-seater which he bought in April.

Businessman Sanjay Samnani, 44, said: "It's a reputational thing. Do you want to be associated with a brand that cheats?"

Through law firm Parwani Law LLC, Mr Samnani is demanding a total refund on the $132,900 car, citing that "a fraudulent misrepresentation was made" and that Volkswagen Singapore was in breach of the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act.

Mr Samnani said that he is environmentally conscious, and that his last three cars were compressed natural gas models.

He added: "There were a lot of grouses at the briefing, and people were asking what exactly they would do to rectify the cars. One person said any modification would surely affect the car's performance.

"But we got no assurance from Volkswagen."

There were also questions about how the saga would affect resale value of the cars. But political consultant and Touran owner Peh Shing Huei, 40, said: "I usually use my cars for the full 10 years, so I'm not too bothered."

Mr Yong said: "We understand that customers have many questions and concerns. We assure them that, if necessary, the technical measures will be carried out at no expense to them.

"All customers can be assured that we will conduct all the necessary actions in a way that will pose the least possible amount of disruption to them."

The Straits Times understands most of the affected cars in Singapore would require hardware modifications, such as adding a nitrogen oxide treatment system to the car's exhaust. Others may be "detuned" to a lower power output in favour of better consumption and emission.

Volkswagen would not comment on these.

The Straits Times also understands the National Environment Agency is looking to retest the Volkswagen cars once the rectification work is done. But the agency is mum on this.

[email protected]

another trip back to VCS workshop for you.  

this time detune engine

:D

bull balls, I wont detune my engine

huat ah......you can finally ask VCS for a refund.  [bounce1]  [bounce1]

yippee....

another trip back to VCS workshop for you.  

this time detune engine

:D

can I claim my VW point this time round, I want a round trip to Germany FOC

"There were also questions about how the saga would affect resale value of the cars. But political consultant and Touran owner Peh Shing Huei, 40, said: "I usually use my cars for the full 10 years, so I'm not too bothered." "

wait till those long  issue of failing MU and DSG comes in and affect his touran ... see if he is bothered or not bothered

• Praise 3

"There were also questions about how the saga would affect resale value of the cars. But political consultant and Touran owner Peh Shing Huei, 40, said: "I usually use my cars for the full 10 years, so I'm not too bothered." "

wait till those long  issue of failing MU and DSG comes in and affect his touran ... see if he is bothered or not bothered

Heh...

A 40 year old can say "I usually use my cars for the full 10 years - 

Probably only on Second car....or at the very outside the third...how to say such a thing? 

• Praise 1

Haha...what a political answer from a political consultant.

So now the saga has spill over to petrol car as well? I think is not a matter of bothered or not, but how to pass inspection on 3rd, 5th, 7th year?

• Praise 1

The name sounds familiar. I think he is ST reporter and son of ex-PAP MP Peh Chin Hua.

The only gasoline engine is a 1.4-liter version with cylinder head shutdown, but the number of those cars “is very limited,” the spokesman said.

I wonder which 1.4 petrol engine is that? The 122 - 140ps Turbo-charged or the 150 - 180ps Twin-charged version??

• Praise 3

The only gasoline engine is a 1.4-liter version with cylinder head shutdown, but the number of those cars “is very limited,” the spokesman said.

I wonder which 1.4 petrol engine is that? The 122 - 140ps Turbo-charged or the 150 - 180ps Twin-charged version??

Don't think the 1.4 engine with cylinder shutdown was ever sold in Singapore.

VW recently got so much bad news..

My friend said lucky he brought AUDI.

Stay clear of vw grp cars whether Porsche or audi.

The scandal nvr ends as it is only the beginning.

Petrol also cheat sibei jialat...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2