Volkswagen scandal

Caravan

Supersonic
(edited)

enough to write for the project ...

cheat is good ... cheat is the way to go to get millions dollars bonuses

whether is black or white cat ... most importantly must catch mouse ...

must achieve goal at all cost ... no one really care about the process ...

it's the result No. 1 World car company before pecah lobang [sly]

Hello.

Kinda need help for a school project. It's on the VW diesel scandal and i'd like to find out if there are any affected VW owners here and how did it affect you and your car and recalls, if any.

Has LTA resumed registration of vehicles? Googled it and so far the news pointed me to the original approval suspension in october until VW has recertified all cars.

Thanks!

post-7984-0-53444500-1462109181_thumb.png

post-7984-0-53444500-1462109181_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

enough to write for the project ...

cheat is good ... cheat is the way to go to get millions dollars bonuses

whether is black or white cat ... most importantly must catch mouse ...

must achieve goal at all cost ... no one really care about the process ...

it's the result No. 1 World car company before pecah lobang [sly]

Well, not just about cheating...

Somewhere else there are also this group of jokers that kept counting the no. of days it trains don't suffer from a major breakdown, so as to justify their appointment and high pay, right?? :ouch-it-hurts:  :XD:

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 5

is diesel really cost effective? in consumption i believe it saves some money if we clock milleage like 30-50k km a year, but in maintenance wise, is it really cost effective? tempted to try a diesel car but been holding back due to reservations like dis...

What difference do you see maintenance in petrol and diesel?

I would say hardly other than the usual filters.

(edited)

So far i knew,just one guy,bring it's case to the Court.

Thanks, is there any follow up to that? Don't think there is as the class action lawsuits in the US no news as of yet.

did u try the SG VW forum?

www.vagsg.com

Yup, but  the registration process need to state what vw car i own, required reh. So no go i think? [confused]

Edited by Nick2342

Turbocharged

Yup, but  the registration process need to state what vw car i own, required reh. So no go i think? [confused]

I registered a long time ago, and my car at that time was not a VW. Now also not VW.

Just put in any car and try lor.  If genuinely asking for info, I think they won't mind.

U might then wanna pm a mod there for assistance, if newbie not allowed to post new topic.

I registered a long time ago, and my car at that time was not a VW. Now also not VW.

Just put in any car and try lor.  If genuinely asking for info, I think they won't mind.

U might then wanna pm a mod there for assistance, if newbie not allowed to post new topic.

Thanks for the info ah. [thumbsup]

Really wonder what type of fixes can VW come up with for the car. So far iirc, the EA189 engine only is affected right? Will the engine need a redesign at this stage or is a software ecu flash/partial hardware redesign more likely?

Seems like they can't emit less NOx without losing HP, if my understanding is correct.

Diesel... you can save a set of 3 or 4 spark plugs and maybe iggy coils for your maintenance. [thumbsup]

is diesel really cost effective? in consumption i believe it saves some money if we clock milleage like 30-50k km a year, but in maintenance wise, is it really cost effective? tempted to try a diesel car but been holding back due to reservations like dis...

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Thanks, is there any follow up to that? Don't think there is as the class action lawsuits in the US no news as of yet.

He won't win....just waste his $$$ to gain fame...

Diesel... you can save a set of 3 or 4 spark plugs and maybe iggy coils for your maintenance. [thumbsup]

Cos none of my friends drive diesel. Always had a concept that maintenance is high as its not really popular. But kinda tempted to try

Supersonic

Based on 40cts per cc per year, breakeven is bout 10k km per year. Unlike last time at 1.25 bucks per cc.... Its much easier to benefit. Hence more n more go for it.

• Praise 1

(edited)

mine is a joke or a freakin scandal.  so tempted to just park at VW and take bus

Edited by Keithchue

(edited)

I drive a Diesel Volvo S80. It's extremely cost effective. Even with the expensive road tax, I pump diesel at $0.77/L (Smart Energy) while Petrol RON 98 for the S80 T5 is $2.00+ after discounts. In addition, the car's been averaging 5.4L/100km for the past year of ownership. A comparable T5 would struggle to hit 10L/100km. The car comes with Start-Stop too but it doesn't activate often as it only works when the outside temperature is below 30 degrees, which it rarely is. Don't think it causes much wear and tear since cars with such a feature has specially designed starter motors for high frequencies of restarts. Not sure if diesels are easier to maintain. Maybe harder because of the DPF, but it doesn't really matter as long as you do regular maintenance with the dealer.

Anyway, VW is bringing in the diesel (New) Touran soon.

Edited by Nfshp253
  • Praise 1

I drive a Diesel Volvo S80. It's extremely cost effective. Even with the expensive road tax, I pump diesel at $0.77/L (Smart Energy) while Petrol RON 98 for the S80 T5 is $2.00+ after discounts. In addition, the car's been averaging 5.4L/100km for the past year of ownership. A comparable T5 would struggle to hit 10L/100km. The car comes with Start-Stop too but it doesn't activate often as it only works when the outside temperature is below 30 degrees, which it rarely is. Don't think it causes much wear and tear since cars with such a feature has specially designed starter motors for high frequencies of restarts. Not sure if diesels are easier to maintain. Maybe harder because of the DPF, but it doesn't really matter as long as you do regular maintenance with the dealer.

how is the drive?

The engine is a 1.6 T Diesel and while the torque is adequate, hp is rather low. Does it run out of puff very soon?

The gearing's quite short so it's okay. Can't expect it to be fast but it's sufficient for Singapore. Just have to keep the rpms high when accelerating as there's huge turbo lag. Can comfortably cruise at 130km/h if needed.

Anyway, VW is bringing in the diesel (New) Touran soon.

Family car is a 2014 D2 S80 too. Fc wise, 13-14km/l is not uncommon, where previous petrol car had only 9km/l. Start stop also doesnt work, but the error mostly shows the reason as batt charging, rarely does it show the ambient temp warning.

Perhaps left it on too many times and batt drained alr. Will see what happens after servicing. Hopefully starter mortor not as affected as thr batt.

Torque wise, barely no turbo lag <2000rpm as the diesel provides starting torque. Suitable pull from 1-3000rpm for overtaking.

Hey there. It's not often I see another D2 S80 on the roads. Is yours White or Gray? [laugh] Seems like those are the only colours available. You must be driving it really hard to get only 13-14km/l. Trick is to keep below 2000rpm (through acceleration can be slower than a double-decker bus) by hinting to the gearbox to shift by letting go of the accelerator for a second before reapplying the throttle. Basically drive it like a manual and shift before 2000rpm.

Never had a battery warning for the start-stop system. The ambient temperature isn't a warning, but the infotainment system just says Start-Stop unavailable most of the time. Figured it was <30-31 degrees.

Regarding turbo lag, it's quite pronounced below 1500rpm, especially in third gear. Unless you get the gearbox to kick down, nothing happens until 1900rpm or so, then there's a sudden unexpected surge of torque. That's quite fun actually. Anything above 2000rpm the car's very responsive as the turbo is spooled up.

I am driving a Renault 1.5 turbo diesel, started abt 3 mths ago. No problem with start stop but fuel consumption is only ard 5 litre per 100km, with start-stop.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1