Volkswagen scandal

Caravan

Actually is not carbon CO2 emission they are measuring lah...

For diesel, the concern and said measurement is Nitrogen Oxide emissions...

and in Europe, it is already so well known that lab test and real-world emissions differ by multiple times for almost all cars... so the USA guy that does the test seem hypocritical two-face when he say he fully expect the car to past the real-world conditions in USA vs the lab...

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-33254803

post-162006-0-74800900-1442898178.png

Singapore's CEVS is based only on CO2, so not affected hahaha...

Edited by danzo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I guess need to also investigate whether Audi, Porsche, Skoda and other VAG makes run the same "software" ?? How about petrol cars ??

I think the diesel cars from Audi has already been fingered/accepted by VW as having the defeat device. All of the cars across the VW/Audi group which uses the 1.4 to 2L TDI engines are suspect.

In the UK, Passat TDI's are popular for their (supposed) low emission so they were bought more as company cars where companies can offset taxes etc. Same with Skoda's as well. The FRC will surely go after VW now.

In the US, apart from the EPA, there will surely be class action suits by lawyers/individuals who have been duped into buying an inferior product.

Shit has hit the fan now. A potential fine of $18b by the US is a large sum... but that was the profit reported by VW for last year alone. They should survive... but with a reputation badly tattered.

Dropping 30% and US$30 is not the same thing. You should take a closer look at your own source info which you shared here.

Actually VW stock dropped over 30%... [flowerface]

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2700169-vw-kenna-caught-cheating-againthis-time-tio-tiao-liao/?p=5605450

-1x-1.png

The Hard Turth is always the toughest to accept..for some. [flowerface]

Nicholson.truth_.jpg

Or perhaps, with the eminent change of management, they will finally fix DQ200 once and for all.

The factories in Hungary and China are ramping up the production of this DQ200 by 60-100%. Whatever that needed to be fixed wrt to sulfur corrosion (which was the major cause of breakdown previously ) has been addressed, I dont think VW see the DQ200 has any issues that need to be further fixed.

• Praise 1

Rather than just a case of cheating the Govt.

I think this case further emphasises a lack of corporate conscience from vw.

In addition Their extensive denial of issue with the gearbox despite evidence to the contrary makes vw buyers Look like fools

but I see a couple of new VW owners at my block got that smirky happy-like-bird look.

imbeciles . . . [laugh]

• Dislike 1

but I see a couple of new VW owners at my block got that smirky happy-like-bird look.

imbeciles . . . [laugh]

woah... you must have the deepest of hate for VW. Just dont get cancer from this hate buildup... [laugh]

The brand has lost my trust. [dead]

TRUS$T = 信. No trust means no $.

Sad to see a once-trustworthy German-origin coy becoming another victim of its own corporate greed and questionable managment.

Volkswagen's CEO apologized for customers' "broken trust" on Sunday

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/20/autos/volkswagen-ceo-apology/

pufg7.jpg

Think Lightbringer is just pointing out that the chart u pasted showed a drop of 30.1 euros, which is drop of 18.66%.. not 30% drop..

I stand corrected with the link provided.

People actually die from this. To me this is unforgivable.

Yes. If they had corrected the problems in 2004 when they were first aware of it... that poor woman wouldn't have had to bleed to death in from of her three children in 2009. Criminal negligence if you ask me.

When dads Honda's COE expired... I insisted on a Toyota/Mazda instead of his preferred Honda replacement.

Now that's being dishonest isn't it? Not that it matters but the chart you used in your post claiming the drop was 30% was for 21st September intra-day movement alone.

Not really material to the discussion but hey whatever makes you happy ;)

• Praise 1

swee lah. hope they kena deep from the US gov.

The scandal over Volkswagen AG's VOW3, -21.69% VLKAY, -17.10% alleged rigging of emission tests is now spreading to Asia. The South Korean government said on Tuesday it will investigate three of the German car maker's diesel models to see if the company also cheated on pollution standards there, media reports said. The cars subject to the probe include VW Jetta, Golf cars and Audi A3s. If issues are found, South Korea will expand the investigation to all German diesel cars.

Edited by Matrix0405

imbeciles . . . [laugh]

Say that to the face of a VW owner on the road, dont be a keyboard hero here.

swee lah. hope they kena deep from the US gov.

Sure go down to 18 level of hell :grin: , not only from the govt but also from its buyers and to fix the big dent on its reputation.

Volkswagen Emissions Scandal Relates to 11 Million Cars
A Volkswagen New Beetle is lifted at a plant in Germany. Photo: Associated Press
By
William Boston and
Sarah Sloat
Sept. 22, 2015 6:15 a.m. ET

Volkswagen AG ’s emissions crisis deepened on Tuesday when the company said that as many as 11 million vehicles world-wide could be affected by software used to cheat emissions tests and announced plans to take a €6.5 billion ($7.27 billion) provision that will force the company to downgrade its earnings outlook.

The company also said internal investigations have shown that the software alleged to have allowed the company to cheat in emissions tests is also present in other diesel-powered vehicles in the Volkswagen group.

“Volkswagen is working with full speed to clarify irregularities concerning a particular software used in diesel engines,” the company said Tuesday.

Last Friday, U.S. environmental authorities alleged Volkswagen had installed software in nearly 500,000 cars that made them appear to run cleaner in emissions tests than they do on the road. The company hasn’t contested the accusation, and Chief Executive Martin Winterkorn has since issued a personal apology.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/volkswagen-emissions-scandal-relates-to-11-million-cars-1442916906

This initial $7b provision could be for the potential fines and costs of recall/retool. I'm sure this figure will only rise with the EU/Germany among others bearing down on them now.

Edited by ins1dious