New BMW 218i Coupe

Joewu

Looks sick!!!! Would love to have a pure M car, But need to think of a strategy to convince wife stiff suspension is good. Even normal performance car she already thinks the ride is bone breaking.

Edited by sheepysheep

side track a little.. how is A45AMG or CLA45AMG compared to this 228i coupe. I read than the AMG is by now the best sound and performance in its entry class

side track a little.. how is A45AMG or CLA45AMG compared to this 228i coupe. I read than the AMG is by now the best sound and performance in its entry class

There are quite a number of you tube comparisons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDKrcZ7xLY8

Heres Two. I know its the M235I , but 228i and M235I numbers are pretty close (228i is lighter with better handling and balance, 235i with more power)

Basically i watched alot of these before making my decision. General reviewer consensus is :

The amg model has more Speed and raw power. 

They like the BMW for driving dynamics and feel also because its RWD. (One of the only RWD cars in this segment, the other is the cayman.)

i think both are good, and you should pick the one you prefer. Personally , my priority is fun to drive, raw power is not the only metric for me. So many other factors, such as the look, the feel and the brand may be decision factors for you.

Edited by sheepysheep

There are quite a number of you tube comparisons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDKrcZ7xLY8

Heres Two. I know its the M235I , but 228i and M235I numbers are pretty close (228i is lighter with better handling and balance, 235i with more power)

Basically i watched alot of these before making my decision. General reviewer consensus is :

The amg model has more Speed and raw power. 

They like the BMW for driving dynamics and feel also because its RWD. (One of the only RWD cars in this segment, the other is the cayman.)

i think both are good, and you should pick the one you prefer. Personally , my priority is fun to drive, raw power is not the only metric for me. So many other factors, such as the look, the feel and the brand may be decision factors for you.

Bro, have you got your ride?

Hope its as good as your expectations

Heard there is a BMW-SG meet up sometime this month... Do pop by if you are free!

Bro, have you got your ride?

Hope its as good as your expectations

Heard there is a BMW-SG meet up sometime this month... Do pop by if you are free!

Bro yes i got my ride. ABSOLUTELY Love it. especially the power and how the adaptive M suspension (an option that caused me to wait 5 months) makes the car so tight when its in sports mode.

Will be keen to drop by  :)

have been riding this new ride for 2 weeks. RFT tyre a real noise.... else is ok. I got the beige cushion. looks good but i have seen some spots that cannot be cleaned. sending to PML tomorrow for checking.

I think black is safer.... but i like the beige looks a bit spacious inside.

Hi yangmingtan, care to update on the spot? What did PML do? I had 2 spots too in the boot. I guess they waxed it so good that I cannot see it after one month later. Did they redo the paint?

Hi yangmingtan, care to update on the spot? What did PML do? I had 2 spots too in the boot. I guess they waxed it so good that I cannot see it after one month later. Did they redo the paint?

NO . I give up with PML. After sale asked so many question as though like my fault. By the time they come back and ask me to drive back again i just got fedup and forget it next time will just go the neighbour Merc instead haha

NO . I give up with PML. After sale asked so many question as though like my fault. By the time they come back and ask me to drive back again i just got fedup and forget it next time will just go the neighbour Merc instead haha

Oh boy! I am heading down tomorrow, hope I will have a better experience. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Oh boy! I am heading down tomorrow, hope I will have a better experience. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Don't have too high an expectation...

When I did my first service @ pml, the technician said he has never serviced a similar model, and ask me is it a petrol or diesel.

Goodness.. it has been in the market for almost 2 years

Bro yes i got my ride. ABSOLUTELY Love it. especially the power and how the adaptive M suspension (an option that caused me to wait 5 months) makes the car so tight when its in sports mode.

Will be keen to drop by  :)

Hahaha, glad you are a happy camper with the car.

Thought of your 228i as the TCS actress who made news seem to be having one as well... 

Maybe can buaya a bit.. hahaha

Don't have too high an expectation...

When I did my first service @ pml, the technician said he has never serviced a similar model, and ask me is it a petrol or diesel.

Goodness.. it has been in the market for almost 2 years

Hahaha, glad you are a happy camper with the car.

Thought of your 228i as the TCS actress who made news seem to be having one as well... 

Maybe can buaya a bit.. hahaha

Frankly, i think servicing outside is better, even during the warranty period. Also. after visiting 5-6 workshops. i've noticed a few that stand HEAD and shoulders above the rest in terms of product knowledge and service. 

I strongly suggest servicing outside. and you can pm me for my experiences if you wish. 

I think the actress car looked like a 3 series coupe to me.

Edited by sheepysheep

Frankly, i think servicing outside is better, even during the warranty period. Also. after visiting 5-6 workshops. i've noticed a few that stand HEAD and shoulders above the rest in terms of product knowledge and service. 

I strongly suggest servicing outside. and you can pm me for my experiences if you wish. 

Maybe we will be able to catchup during the Apr 23rd meet.

The car in the accident definitely looks like an F22, not sure why it has twin pipe on one side, but it could be zhnged.

Not my cup of tea though

Maybe we will be able to catchup during the Apr 23rd meet.

The car in the accident definitely looks like an F22, not sure why it has twin pipe on one side, but it could be zhnged.

Not my cup of tea though

Oh you are right!

The 228i has 2 pipes on one side by default if thats what you mean.  (That is the stock default setup!)

Where can i learn more about the meet? perhaps i'll drop by.

Edited by sheepysheep

Pml can void the warranty

Do you have some "technique" that allows you to service outside and retain warranty?

Else, you're just stating the obvious...

↡ Advertisement