2015 Nissan Serena S-Hybrid 2.0 MPV

Zavi

This car is very quiet and responsive. I didn't know that I hit 100km/h the moment I entered PIE after collected the car yesterday. Will have to watch my speed during run in. Topped up to full tank with SPC 95. Hope this tank will last me 2 weeks. Don't think will hit 13KM/L because I only travel between Bedok and Katong on small roads. Showed this car to my brother and sister today. They were very amazed by the car in all aspects.

Question: where do you find green lot?

Many shopping malls nowadays have designated green lots for hybrid and electric cars. In the east with green lots are bedok mall and parkway parade. Parked at city square mall green lots too.

↡ Advertisement

Hi, I read on the Malaysia Serena FB group that the S-Hybrid regeneration does not work when wipers are turned on. Is anyone facing the same issue? Is this normal?

Hi, I read on the Malaysia Serena FB group that the S-Hybrid regeneration does not work when wipers are turned on. Is anyone facing the same issue? Is this normal?

Haha read that too. But need to wait for the next rainy day to verify.

After driving the car for 70km, I have not experienced the the engine power down. The "off" light is not on. Is there another switch to turn on?

I find the windows are not dark enough. Any bro here calling to tint the windows further?

Just received this brought from Tao bao OBD for Nissan car. Packaging looks decent and good. There is an instruction manual on what to do. But the default setting is good for me.

Was kind of worried it will screw up the ECU, before installing, drove to UBI TC and park outside. Plug it in, drove 1 round in the area. Viola....everything works fine. I am now a happier Serena driver.

The OBD have a few function

1. Auto lock when engage "D" mode, ( but can be set to when car speed hit 15km/hr)

2. Auto unlock when engage "P" mode ( but can be set to when engine turn off)

3. When open door, hazard light will come on, (but can turn off this function)

4. Hazard light will auto turn on during emergency brake ( never indicated can be turn off)

5. All doors will be auto unlock during accident or emergency brake. (Can't rem can turn off or not.)

6. Hazard light will auto turn on when door is open when driving. ( can't rem can turn off or not)

post-164735-0-55475600-1451115780_thumb.jpg

After driving the car for 70km, I have not experienced the the engine power down. The "off" light is not on. Is there another switch to turn on?

I find the windows are not dark enough. Any bro here calling to tint the windows further?

It's default to be on. Maybe you will need to step on the brake harder. And also not move your steering wheels when at stop.

And congrats on getting your ride....

Edited by HHHuat

Just received this brought from Tao bao OBD for Nissan car. Packaging looks decent and good. There is an instruction manual on what to do. But the default setting is good for me.

Was kind of worried it will screw up the ECU, before installing, drove to UBI TC and park outside. Plug it in, drove 1 round in the area. Viola....everything works fine. I am now a happier Serena driver.

1. Auto lock when engage "D" mode, ( but can be set to when car speed hit 15km/hr)

4. Hazard light will auto turn on during emergency brake ( never indicated can be turn off)

5. All doors will be auto unlock during accident or emergency brake. (Can't rem can turn off or not.)

6. Hazard light will auto turn on when door is open when driving. ( can't rem can turn off or not)

Congrats for a cheaper alternative to the auto lock module!

Nice. Can post the link here so that we can also go order one?

Saw a black Serena at car park beside pasir ris MRT, my first sighting of a Singapore Serena. The car plate is skx, should have just got it these few days as well.

so far only see Malaysia car plate. Hope to see more and more Serena

Nice. Can post the link here so that we can also go order one?

http://world.taobao.com/item/524665114307.htm?fromSite=main

Not sure if your are familiar with 65daigou services. Some item We can't buy it direct from taobao, you need to go thru an agent. Need to pay some agent fee and forwarding charges ( cost me abt sgd3 + only using air freight) thie above is the site I request 65 daigou to buy for me. Just go to the 65daigou site, they will guide you step by step on how to purchase item from tao bao thru them.

• Praise 1

Saw a black Serena at car park beside pasir ris MRT, my first sighting of a Singapore Serena. The car plate is skx, should have just got it these few days as well.

Mine is SKX but white one. SE said there are not more than 20 Serena on the road. So, probability of seeing a Serena is 20/600000 = 1/30000. Every 30,000 cars we should see a Serena. I have never seen one before except a Malaysian one which was parked right at my basement carpark. A Maroon one. Very nice. I also realized that my white one does not shine like other color. 

Thinking of going to HOCK CHEONG AUTOMEC PTE LTD at 225 Guillemard Road to install the Puncture Proof. Other than SerenaKing, who else has done it?

http://world.taobao.com/item/524665114307.htm?fromSite=main

Not sure if your are familiar with 65daigou services. Some item We can't buy it direct from taobao, you need to go thru an agent. Need to pay some agent fee and forwarding charges ( cost me abt sgd3 + only using air freight) thie above is the site I request 65 daigou to buy for me. Just go to the 65daigou site, they will guide you step by step on how to purchase item from tao bao thru them.

Thanks for posting the link and good review! Now considering whether to get this module or the scanguage monitor...

Hi everyone.

Exploring a mid size MPV now. Considering the Mazda5 / Wish / Serena.

Is anyone able to guide on latest prices buyers here have secured? Do not think its a secret as can always head down to Bt Timah showroom to enquire. Reckon much easier if infor is available here from fellow folks. Thanks in advance.

Neutral Newbie

Hi HHHuat,

If this unusual sighting is on Saturday evening 8-9 pm, at the small "carpark" besides Pasir Ris MRT, it will probably be me.  Busy watching out for summon uncle/auntie.

Collected my blackie on Christmas eve noon time and has travelled close to 450km till Saturday night before I went outstation.  A lot is going or me lately... did not have much time to explore the ride.

Folks, I will sum up my thoughts after 3 days of driving as follows:

1.  It met the practical aspects that I am looking for.    This few days ferried 7pax in comfort; carried a small cabinet with rear seats folded..

2. The looks still do not sink into me, my old Gen 1 Mazda 5 has given more pleasure to look at and to drive, but a LOT less practical satisfaction.

3. Petrol consumption looks promising considering this is still run-in period Last on-board read-out @ 13.0 km/l with SPC 95, 90/10 highway/city.  Only once ram up to 2500-3000rpm to avoid a situation, mostly maintain around 1200-1500 rpm during cruise.

4. Engine start/stop is quite annoying but I will learn to get use to it.  I believe the trick is to control the brake pedal to avoid unintended engine cut-off.

​5. Black colour is .. high maintenance.  Will likely be doing Paint protection, recommended by a few friends in less than 500 range + doing more frequent water-only wash.

6. Carpet attracted a fair amount of dirt, since the carpet cannot be removed easily, I will have to vacuum more.

7. GPS looks decent, but ... nvm, I will stick to Google map.

Top of my add-on priority list:

1. Paint protection.

2. OBD/Car Auto Lock Module

3. Puncture proof

• Praise 1

Hi HHHuat,

If this unusual sighting is on Saturday evening 8-9 pm, at the small "carpark" besides Pasir Ris MRT, it will probably be me.  Busy watching out for summon uncle/auntie.

Collected my blackie on Christmas eve noon time and has travelled close to 450km till Saturday night before I went outstation.  A lot is going or me lately... did not have much time to explore the ride.

Folks, I will sum up my thoughts after 3 days of driving as follows:

1.  It met the practical aspects that I am looking for.    This few days ferried 7pax in comfort; carried a small cabinet with rear seats folded..

2. The looks still do not sink into me, my old Gen 1 Mazda 5 has given more pleasure to look at and to drive, but a LOT less practical satisfaction.

3. Petrol consumption looks promising considering this is still run-in period Last on-board read-out @ 13.0 km/l with SPC 95, 90/10 highway/city.  Only once ram up to 2500-3000rpm to avoid a situation, mostly maintain around 1200-1500 rpm during cruise.

4. Engine start/stop is quite annoying but I will learn to get use to it.  I believe the trick is to control the brake pedal to avoid unintended engine cut-off.

​5. Black colour is .. high maintenance.  Will likely be doing Paint protection, recommended by a few friends in less than 500 range + doing more frequent water-only wash.

6. Carpet attracted a fair amount of dirt, since the carpet cannot be removed easily, I will have to vacuum more.

7. GPS looks decent, but ... nvm, I will stick to Google map.

Top of my add-on priority list:

1. Paint protection.

2. OBD/Car Auto Lock Module

3. Puncture proof

I saw your backie when I collected mine before 11am on Christmas eve rainy day. Very nice and I asked SE why my white one doesn't shine like yours. I also feel that my Serena has some problem. So far, I have traveled 70km. but have not encountered engine start-stop :-( Also no lane departure warning.  Have to ask TC to check on 1K service. Also, my fuel economy is 6.3km/L as display on the screen. This is after I topped up and traveled for about 30km, 10% highway. 

I purchase a set of floor mat from SE for $80. The mat can trap sand. Hope can reduce vacuum frequency. We took about 30min to lay the mat because it is a 10-pc zig saw puzzle. I also ask SE to install window visor for me for $100. 

I disabled the video playback while driving so that my kids can watch DVD. Password is 5588. 

I'll also do Paint protection if it only costs $500. Please share more detail after you have done it. Had wanted to drive out to do puncture proof yesterday but too lazy on a Sunday afternoon. But I did manage to apply a layer of leather cream on the dashboard and seats to prevent dried-up cracks. This car is so big that I took 30min. 

There is one thing i forgot to do while making the final payment. I forgot to apply $10K on American Express card to claim my 5% rebate for the first $5K and 1.5% rebate for the next $5K. Lost $325. Purposely applied for this card for this purpose :-(

Very satisfied with this car. My teenage kid said she felt like a celebrity arriving. 

Hi everyone.

Exploring a mid size MPV now. Considering the Mazda5 / Wish / Serena.

Is anyone able to guide on latest prices buyers here have secured? Do not think its a secret as can always head down to Bt Timah showroom to enquire. Reckon much easier if infor is available here from fellow folks. Thanks in advance.

I have also considered M5, Wish and Serena. Previously when I owned compact MPVs like Honda Stream and Wish, the frustration I often encountered was that when I need to fetch 7 pax, there is no room for luggage. I often needed the 3rd row just to sit 6 pax comfortably. This Serena sit 8 pax and still has lots of room for luggage. My kids said they feel like celebrity in this car. Hence, M5 and Wish are out. Furthermore, the comfort variant of Serena cost less than Wish and just $5K more than M5. 

Price depends on the whole package and can be very different. Suggest you go to the Bukit Timah Tan Chong sales office to test drive and ask for the price. 

I have also considered M5, Wish and Serena. Previously when I owned compact MPVs like Honda Stream and Wish, the frustration I often encountered was that when I need to fetch 7 pax, there is no room for luggage. I often needed the 3rd row just to sit 6 pax comfortably. This Serena sit 8 pax and still has lots of room for luggage. My kids said they feel like celebrity in this car. Hence, M5 and Wish are out. Furthermore, the comfort variant of Serena cost less than Wish and just $5K more than M5. 

Price depends on the whole package and can be very different. Suggest you go to the Bukit Timah Tan Chong sales office to test drive and ask for the price. 

You can consider Mazda Biante if you often fetch 6 pax.  [drivingcar]

Spacious inside. [thumbsup]

Was at Mazda Ubi looking at Mazda 5 MPV when SE introduced me to the Biante after asking my previous vehicle. I told him its Toyota Picnic and he replied that my previous ride was much bigger then Mazda 5 and thereby introduced me Biante.

Book on the spot and now driving my Biante for the past 10 days. :a-m1212:

I saw your backie when I collected mine before 11am on Christmas eve rainy day. Very nice and I asked SE why my white one doesn't shine like yours. I also feel that my Serena has some problem. So far, I have traveled 70km. but have not encountered engine start-stop :-( Also no lane departure warning.  Have to ask TC to check on 1K service. Also, my fuel economy is 6.3km/L as display on the screen. This is after I topped up and traveled for about 30km, 10% highway. 

I purchase a set of floor mat from SE for $80. The mat can trap sand. Hope can reduce vacuum frequency. We took about 30min to lay the mat because it is a 10-pc zig saw puzzle. I also ask SE to install window visor for me for $100. 

I disabled the video playback while driving so that my kids can watch DVD. Password is 5588. 

I'll also do Paint protection if it only costs $500. Please share more detail after you have done it. Had wanted to drive out to do puncture proof yesterday but too lazy on a Sunday afternoon. But I did manage to apply a layer of leather cream on the dashboard and seats to prevent dried-up cracks. This car is so big that I took 30min. 

There is one thing i forgot to do while making the final payment. I forgot to apply $10K on American Express card to claim my 5% rebate for the first $5K and 1.5% rebate for the next $5K. Lost $325. Purposely applied for this card for this purpose :-(

Very satisfied with this car. My teenage kid said she felt like a celebrity arriving. 

Hi bros!

For paint protection on my Bluemoon White Pearl Serena, I did it at New Age Polishing, pretty cool. For $850 (there is a few range for the protection, check out the URL), you get the protection, interior leather protection plus 10 time free maintenance services (car wash) and a guarantee of 3 years (supposed to last for up to 5 years). May see pic as reference, the hydrophobic effect is superb. See URL -> http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=15035

kmttan, thanks for sharing the DVD enable pwd :). When I did test drive, the lane departure wasn't working as well, so when I collected my car, I checked that and so far all function and features are working. My driver window cannot do auto up initially, but I googled it and it can be rectified easily.

For the car mat, I am still short of the luggage area part...Tonyking ordered his from Japan Amazon and also the anti slip mats for all compartments in the vehicle, very cool....but how to order form Japan Amazon siah...So far I have did the auto fold mirror and ordered the auto door lock OBD from TB, its otw..

I drove Wish previously and with my driving style (pretty heavy footer...RPM range from 1500 to 3000), I achieved FC of 9 to 11km/l...For my Serena, the FC I've achieved thus far is 9.3km/l....I think for this size and function coupled with my driving style, it is pretty cool already. I am very satisfied with the ride thus far :)

Am pondering on whether to install the roof mount DVD player, so far I checked, it costs about $280 and an installation time of about 2 hours at the Yishun Industrial Park, next to the shop where I did my Paint Protection.

Btw, the SE sent me the translated English version of our dashboard menu, not sure if you guys have it?

Hope to hear more tips and tricks for our Nissan Serena, cheers!!!

post-166745-0-77204200-1451278127_thumb.jpg

post-166745-0-30212900-1451278128_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement