2015 Nissan Serena S-Hybrid 2.0 MPV

Zavi

Bro, the slide mechanism is inbuilt into the bottom of the third row seats. One of the you tube video has it. Looks like it makes the seat deeper. Which makes more sense than the Ody to put in tall luggage, the passengers have to sit more upright. Cos the angle of the seat back is pushed forward. 

If the actual highway star model indented looks more lux, comes with pro pilot, then I would think the current indicative price is justified.

Thanks for sharing the details. So what are the 2 version T8 has been referring to? Higway Star & Standard version, or Petrol & Hybrid version? At this price (and OMV), without any new / special features, and fabric seats, don't think it is a right move for Nissan Japan and T8 to introduce here.

BTW, looking at the photo below, seems that only the 2nd row can be slide forward and back, NOT the 3rd row though (no visible track for the sliding movement).

2016-Nissan-Serena-7.jpg

↡ Advertisement

And regarding the slidable 3rd row seats, the mechanism could be built on the seat frame and thus no visible track on the floor. Alphard/Vellfire/Elgrand all are like that.

Just to clarify.

Alphard/VF dont have the 3rd row "mechanism", only the conventional sliding forward/backwards on the seat rails/tracks. But this allows adjustment when full seating - either to maximise luggage space or leg space. Angle of seat back rest adjustment is independent (recline).

Some versions do have auto open sliding door - automatically slide open when approach....dont have the kicking sensor.

Yes, the pro pilot (for toyota its pre crash and radar cruise control) can be very useful, nice to have but not essential.

The rear tailgate (some versions are auto-power tailgate/power boot) is fix - no adjustment of the angle unfortunately, and no splitting open of rear glass.

Hope this info on toyota alphard/VF helps.

• Praise 1

Serena to me is on the same category as the Toyota triplets and Honda Stepwagon.

Thier pricing puts them in the direct competition with the Ody and too near to the base models of the vellfire 2015.

Even the better equipped variant of the Biante is asking for 133k only and Serena want 143k???

I'd rather opt for the Biante and have 10k left for services and petrol or just go straight to the PI or Kah Motor for the Ody.

Serena to me is on the same category as the Toyota triplets and Honda Stepwagon.

Thier pricing puts them in the direct competition with the Ody and too near to the base models of the vellfire 2015.

Even the better equipped variant of the Biante is asking for 133k only and Serena want 143k???

I'd rather opt for the Biante and have 10k left for services and petrol or just go straight to the PI or Kah Motor for the Ody.

Should go for Ody EX variant at 140k over Biante Premium variant at 133k. The 7k difference would be narrowed further by additional savings fr 3 year free servicing over 1 year, lower interest rate of 2.18% over 2.78%, slightly better FC. The only thing negative for Ody is higher road tax due to 2.4L engine. But with the difference so negligible, really no brainer to get the Ody. When I chose Biante, Ody was easily 20k higher. Honda nowadays really becoming cheaper.

Should go for Ody EX variant at 140k over Biante Premium variant at 133k. The 7k difference would be narrowed further by additional savings fr 3 year free servicing over 1 year, lower interest rate of 2.18% over 2.78%, slightly better FC. The only thing negative for Ody is higher road tax due to 2.4L engine. But with the difference so negligible, really no brainer to get the Ody. When I chose Biante, Ody was easily 20k higher. Honda nowadays really becoming cheaper.

Biante belongs to Mazda. Didn't they announce last year that Mazda pulling out of the MPV segment?

So T8 now selling the higher spec of the 2 Serena it imported last year. There might be warranty and maintenance issues if T8 decided not to sell this model at all as what I was told by their staff due to high costs. Good that it has leather seats now but iirc, it comes with manual sliding doors due to indent error.

Still good for bragging rights.

hi im calvin, i wish to know how to install front camera for nissan serena, can show me photo and video? thank

I am using a Auto switch. 2 x Video Input with 1 Video Output.  https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product...43164.html 

You just need to get a front camera (make sure its front type) and connect to this auto switch. It will need a 12V (ACC supply)

1. Parameters:                                                          

Working Power: Max: 50MA, 12V DC

System signal: PAL/NTSC  

Working temperature: -20~80

2. Description:

Front view camera power: supplied by control box system.

Rear view camera power: supplied by control box system, or could be supplied by reverse lamp power.

Functions:

1.Automatical front view when starting: 

When car engine starts, the system will activate the car monitor and front camera to check the front view for 8 seconds, then turn off.

2. Automatically rear view:

When you pull the reverse gear , the system will activate the monitor and rear view camera till the reverse gear back, then switches to front view camera video for 15 seconds then shut off.  

3. Front view always activate mode:

Press the control switch to enter Front view always activate mode.

In this mode, the system will activate monitor and the front view camera always.

To quit the mode, press the control switch again.

Working priority: Back View>Front View

Hi all, I got my 2015 S-Hybrid imported to London, UK.

I wonder if there any English manuals available to download?

I struggle to understand Google Translate take on Japanese manual....... 

Can anyonew help please on the following:

Specifically, do you set the sensitivity of collision warning system?

Is Auto idling option on all time or when is comes on? it seeems it works intemittently...

Is S-Hybrid light to come on when you take foot off pedal? it seems to work intermittently...

I have these coffee cups display, supposedly to warn off tiredness; do you set this at all?

Many thanks.

Hi all I'm writing from London UK, where there are very very few S-Hybrids around. I bought one few weeks ago and I'm trying to get some manuals in English. maybe you can help because translating from Japanese proves nonsensical.

First I'd like to know the type of the battery (as secondary) whether it shall be replaced any other year?

How is the idling start-stop working; should be on all the time or comes on when it's needed?

I managed to change the language on my head units English so at least I can have all the settings accessible and got my phone working on Bluetooth.

Many thanks for your help

Hi all I'm writing from London UK, where there are very very few S-Hybrids around. I bought one few weeks ago and I'm trying to get some manuals in English. maybe you can help because translating from Japanese proves nonsensical.

First I'd like to know the type of the battery (as secondary) whether it shall be replaced any other year?

How is the idling start-stop working; should be on all the time or comes on when it's needed?

I managed to change the language on my head units English so at least I can have all the settings accessible and got my phone working on Bluetooth.

you will likely not receive much advice or help here, as the Serena has never been sold by the mainstream Nissan agent (called the Authorised Distributor) here. It was instead sold in v small numbers by a small parallel importer for a few years - and even then that has stopped since 2016.

You might have better luck trying the same in Hong Kong, where this car should be sold in bigger quantity.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2