PAP New Cabinet 2015! Reshuffle 2017/2018

Mockngbrd

Mr Khaw - who said he did not volunteer for the Transport post, but willingly agreed when approached by the Prime Minister - said his vision of the future Singapore was that of a "car-light" society.

"As Transport Minister, my major objective is to further raise the quality of life for Singaporeans - make it easier for them to move about on feet, bicycle, bus, train and driverless cars. One critical piece is an extensive and reliable rail infrastructure. We have launched huge numbers of rail lines - some 60 billion dollars' worth - so when fully implemented it'll be a big plus for Singaporeans," said Mr Khaw.

"But in terms of reliability, we are not quite there yet. Let's be realistic about such a complex system - it's not rocket science but also not straightforward. There will be fires big and small but I hope for Singaporeans' patience and we will do our best."

• Praise 2

In PMO mean working closely with the emperor....just like 韦小宝....who dare to say he is not important? [laugh]

I consider that post as 打杂... secretary post [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 2

CCS will likely be re-shuffle to somewhere else during mid-term re-shuffle.

Got some thing one meh? Mid-way someone at the top give way to him for promotion? Don't think so lah.

• Praise 3

Got some thing one meh? Mid-way someone at the top give way to him for promotion? Don't think so lah.

It will happens. He is put into NTUC to manage relationship with Union leaders. Having good relationship with Union leaders is very important.

Mr Khaw - who said he did not volunteer for the Transport post, but willingly agreed when approached by the Prime Minister - said his vision of the future Singapore was that of a "car-light" society.

"As Transport Minister, my major objective is to further raise the quality of life for Singaporeans - make it easier for them to move about on feet, bicycle, bus, train and driverless cars. One critical piece is an extensive and reliable rail infrastructure. We have launched huge numbers of rail lines - some 60 billion dollars' worth - so when fully implemented it'll be a big plus for Singaporeans," said Mr Khaw.

"But in terms of reliability, we are not quite there yet. Let's be realistic about such a complex system - it's not rocket science but also not straightforward. There will be fires big and small but I hope for Singaporeans' patience and we will do our best."

Actually, since he came onboard MND, building of PCN has been accelerated.

• Praise 1

I wish Hui Ge all the best in his new, challenging role. [thumbsup]

And if things don't go according to plan, I am looking forward to reports on his hara-kiri. :D

• Praise 3

Coordinating Minister ... new portfolio?

Hazarding one of the reasons for this title....means standby, stand-in, acting minister for anyone who has to take prolonged leave for obvious reason like hospitalisation or long medical leave, eg. Heart Attack due to overwhelming stressful portfolio.

Time to change mycarforum to mykar(feet)forum liao...

• Praise 2