Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

Turbocharged

Does anyone know if these come in 225/45/18 down here? I'm damn fed up with my Goodyear A3s that I'm probably gonna blow some more cash on a set of PS4s if they have the size I'm looking for.

What happened? I tot the F1 A3 are good tyres?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

What happened? I tot the F1 A3 are good tyres?

They suck balls. The side wall is super weak that when you enter corners, they do not give you any confidence what so ever. Bad choice getting them solely based on price and their supposedly good wet grip. You save about 60-70 bucks per tire but you enter into a year or two of being fed up with them.  Once you have used Michelin PSS, there isn't really any tire that can compete in terms of being a tire that is good in everything. The F1 A3s are not worth paying 200+ dollars for especially when they are not even made in germany but slovakia. KNNCCB. They are more like comfort tires which you can get for half the price. The sidewall looks ugly as well. People who say that they are good probably haven't used Michelin before. 

f**k Goodyear tires!

• Praise 1

They suck balls. The side wall is super weak that when you enter corners, they do not give you any confidence what so ever. Bad choice getting them solely based on price and their supposedly good wet grip. You save about 60-70 bucks per tire but you enter into a year or two of being fed up with them.  Once you have used Michelin PSS, there isn't really any tire that can compete in terms of being a tire that is good in everything. The F1 A3s are not worth paying 200+ dollars for especially when they are not even made in germany but slovakia. KNNCCB. They are more like comfort tires which you can get for half the price. The sidewall looks ugly as well. People who say that they are good probably haven't used Michelin before. 

f**k Goodyear tires!

steady le

no need to throw out all this

goodyear tire f1a / f1a2 all along the selling point is made in Germany

now f1a3 no longer from Germany peoples start to turn away ? strange 

tire is no longer where it Made to give you Quality and Performance.

Is the tire that made for which market.

wonder why peoples (some forum local and oversea) said Michelin PS4 replaced Pilot super sport????

I shall rather wait for the Michelin official to announce Officially than anyhow make statement

understand PS4 is coming from Tomyam son

(edited)

Just a one off incident. My made in germany goodyear efficient grip cracked all around the side after 1 year normal use.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2689385-need-advice-tyre-has-cracks/?hl=*

After that no more goodyear for me. Like everyone else, 1 bad incident turn me off from a good brand. Doing google search, seems to find a higher count of goodyear tyres cracking in singapore context.

Edited by Columbian78
  • Praise 1

f**k Goodyear tires!

Sidewall soft maybe not enough air.  Did you adjust according to the change in load index?

For PSS, i find it more square that my previous tyre.  Steering is heavier which i like a lot.

I used GY ASYM 1 before.  On 19 inches.

Both the front tyres side wall crack after about 9 months.  Went back to tyre shop for trade-back/refund of balance of threadlife.

GY may say they have improved the ASYM 2 or 3 after that, thanks but no thanks.  My life is more important than the price difference.

Since then, its has always been Continental or Michelin for me.

• Praise 2

steady le

no need to throw out all this

goodyear tire f1a / f1a2 all along the selling point is made in Germany

now f1a3 no longer from Germany peoples start to turn away ? strange 

tire is no longer where it Made to give you Quality and Performance.

Is the tire that made for which market.

wonder why peoples (some forum local and oversea) said Michelin PS4 replaced Pilot super sport????

I shall rather wait for the Michelin official to announce Officially than anyhow make statement

understand PS4 is coming from Tomyam son

I barely understand what you are writing.

Goodyear is supposed to be a good brand but it gives you shitty quality tires.

When you pay close to 1k for a set of tires, surely you have some expectations. 

The thing about Michelin is that regardless of where it is made in, it has higher QC than Goodyear. 

Reading the reviews on the UK website, I'm convinced that Michelin PS4 is unlikely to let consumers down unlike goodyear A3.

Sidewall soft maybe not enough air.  Did you adjust according to the change in load index?

For PSS, i find it more square that my previous tyre.  Steering is heavier which i like a lot.

On PSS, I could inflate it to 240kpa and they give me great cornering feel. In fact, after taking off the EU tire sticker on the tire and driving it on the road, you could get grip almost instantly. Like the tire some how gripped the road absorbing all the dust and dirt.

Now on these f**ked up Goodyear A3s I have to inflate it to 260-270. Even at such a high pressure, they drive like shit. The only saving grace is that they drive pretty well on the wet. But you're not gonna push it hard in the rain. 

I'm not sure about whether the sidewall is f**king soft for the other sizes but it sure is for 225/45/18. The dude from arrow tires was right, once you're used to the grip of PSS, you will probably find the Goodyear A3s inferior except in the rain.

I used GY ASYM 1 before.  On 19 inches.

Both the front tyres side wall crack after about 9 months.  Went back to tyre shop for trade-back/refund of balance of threadlife.

GY may say they have improved the ASYM 2 or 3 after that, thanks but no thanks.  My life is more important than the price difference.

Since then, its has always been Continental or Michelin for me.

Haha this is proof that Goodyear tires have really weak sidewalls. I never had any issue on my Michelin PSS.

• Praise 2

f**k Goodyear tires!

Where did you get your F1A3 from? Mine are made in Germany as stated on the tyres.

Where did you get your F1A3 from? Mine are made in Germany as stated on the tyres.

Your size is more common than mine. If you refer to the goodyear tire thread, you will see why I am so annoyed. Anyway i'm pretty sure the sidewall is softer than most performance tires. I confirmed it when i compared the F1A3 and F1A2. Apparently F1A3 is meant for comfort so if you noticed they're quieter than your Michelin's you know why.

So....

Any reviews on PS4?....

Most places don't have stock. Those who do carry it in limited sizes.

Just change to this at $760nett for 18inch. My goodyear A2 almost botak but my car left one year. But safety first so change, my wife said next year can extend my car coe already no need to shop for new one since within this year I change so many thing for my car. I tiam tiam, 

• Praise 2

Just change to this at $760nett for 18inch. My goodyear A2 almost botak but my car left one year. But safety first so change, my wife said next year can extend my car coe already no need to shop for new one since within this year I change so many thing for my car. I tiam tiam, 

dude where did you get such a deal on the PS4s? What size did you get?

i got it from Kim Hoe Tyre & Battery.  Kaki Bukit AutoHub

Kaki Bukit Ave 2 #02-08
S(417921)

Was quoted $200 but i managed to knock 10 bucks off. So it is $190 per piece. 

Tis tyre is very grippy. I was worried that it might be noisy but was surprise it wasnt.

They did free balancing for me too. Price is nett. In and out within 15mins

Call/SMS Daryl @ 8321 2563 for more info.

Kaki Bukit Ave 2 #02-08
S(417921)

Tis tyre is very grippy. I was worried that it might be noisy but was surprise it wasnt.

i think got 18/40/225

Kaki Bukit Ave 2 #02-08
S(417921)

i think got 18/40/225

Michelin PS4
225/40R18

Kaki Bukit Ave 2 #02-08

S(417921)

i think got 18/40/225

Michelin PS4

225/40R18

Don't think you would have had a chance to test it out in the wet right? 

I think for most 18 inch tyres, on average, the price difference vs PSS of the same size is about $30 per piece only, for those who wanted to compare.

for eg, 245/45/18 is $280 vs $310.

↡ Advertisement