Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

Update after 1500km of driving on PS4s

They are definitely not as grippy as the PSS. The slightly softer side wall gives you slightly less confidence to go round corners as quickly as the PSS. But you can more or less match the same speeds with the PS4s as you did with the PSS after getting used to the new feeling.

The PS4 is probably 90% of what the PSS was in the dry.

↡ Advertisement

thanks for sharing

guess ... my next set of tyres gotta stay with PSS [thumbsup]

Update after 1500km of driving on PS4s

They are definitely not as grippy as the PSS. The slightly softer side wall gives you slightly less confidence to go round corners as quickly as the PSS. But you can more or less match the same speeds with the PS4s as you did with the PSS after getting used to the new feeling.

The PS4 is probably 90% of what the PSS was in the dry.

Turbocharged

While I know the Primacy 3 is a performance comfort tyre and the PS4 is a serious sports tyre, I am curious to know just how much of a difference there is in noise. Anyone got experience?

While I know the Primacy 3 is a performance comfort tyre and the PS4 is a serious sports tyre, I am curious to know just how much of a difference there is in noise. Anyone got experience?

CORRECT ME if I am wrong

in Mic family they don't classify this Primacy 3 or 3st as performance tire

they stated primacy 3st

Keep noise out

and comfort in

switch to a Safer and more Peaceful drive everyday

Michelin total performance

we don't just improve performance one aspect at a time, but we deliver all performance factors together

this means that you will experience the Silence, comfort and Safety of Primacy 3st tires, while also enjoying 25% better longevity

This standard are consistently achieved through the use of leading Michelin technology

Sorry Michelin for coping your message. 

As for PS4 should be the replacement of PS3 (correct me if I am wrong) but Michelin had no launched this new model tires here

( michelin claimed this tire technically not homologated or tropicalized for our market  )  I am still waiting to try this tires

like to thanks all the sharing here your testing of the new product.

CORRECT ME if I am wrong

they stated primacy 3st

Keep noise out

and comfort in

we don't just improve performance one aspect at a time, but we deliver all performance factors together

this means that you will experience the Silence, comfort and Safety of Primacy 3st tires, while also enjoying 25% better longevity

This standard are consistently achieved through the use of leading Michelin technology

As for PS4 should be the replacement of PS3 (correct me if I am wrong) but Michelin had no launched this new model tires here

( michelin claimed this tire technically not homologated or tropicalized for our market  )  I am still waiting to try this tires

Isn't all summer tire the same?  What to tropicalized?

Turbocharged

CORRECT ME if I am wrong

they stated primacy 3st

Keep noise out

and comfort in

Primacy 3 seems to be a luxury sedan tyre. I can't tell if my current tyres are Primacy 3 or Primacy 3 ST. ST is different in that it allegedly a specially reformulated compound for Asia to produce 8% less noise.

The information I found suggests that PS4 is actually designed more as a successor to PSS than PS3 and is more like a hybrid of the two.

I'm looking forward to trying out the PS4S whne it is launched in SG.

So far amongst all the tyres that I have used, including Goodyear f1a2, PSS (dry) PS4 (wet) is the best respectively.. if PS4s is better than PSS in terms of both wet and dry then it would be a winner. Hopefully at a palatable price :)

Primacy 3 seems to be a luxury sedan tyre. I can't tell if my current tyres are Primacy 3 or Primacy 3 ST. ST is different in that it allegedly a specially reformulated compound for Asia to produce 8% less noise.

The information I found suggests that PS4 is actually designed more as a successor to PSS than PS3 and is more like a hybrid of the two.

Australia market are also using the Primacy 3 ST.

My reading before I used this tyre is it is formulated for SEA country due to a lot of tropical storm and rain condition.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Me on primacy 3 ST.

The feedback from this tyre is far from PS3 when you kup corner.

Simply saying, great touring tyre but don't inspire confidence.

I'm looking forward to trying out the PS4S whne it is launched in SG.

So far amongst all the tyres that I have used, including Goodyear f1a2, PSS (dry) PS4 (wet) is the best respectively.. if PS4s is better than PSS in terms of both wet and dry then it would be a winner. Hopefully at a palatable price :)

I think Michelin really failed in it's marketing of PS4S as the PSS successor. It's quite f**ked up like how apple markets the iPhone by adding an S at the end of a model upgrade like the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4s. Considering it is an upgrade of the PSS, it should have kept the PSS model name instead of adding an 'S' at the end of the existing PS4. I'm pretty sure people are gonna be surprised when they get quoted a rather low price for the PS4S only to find out the price they were quoted were for the PS4.

• Praise 1

I think Michie is trying to rename its products and keep some convention in the names in future.

So PS4 is THE standard model.  The S added to PS4S may stand for "super" or "superior".  Then next generations will be PS5 and PS5S, PS6 and PS6S,....

Nevermind how its sounds like as long as it drive like its on steroids.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

I think Michelin really failed in it's marketing of PS4S as the PSS successor. It's quite f**ked up like how apple markets the iPhone by adding an S at the end of a model upgrade like the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4s. Considering it is an upgrade of the PSS, it should have kept the PSS model name instead of adding an 'S' at the end of the existing PS4. I'm pretty sure people are gonna be surprised when they get quoted a rather low price for the PS4S only to find out the price they were quoted were for the PS4.

I believe that news article said the likely reason is that the PSS is still a relatively new generation of tyre, but Michelin felt the need to release what they have reformulated with the latest improvements without prematurely killing off the PSS.

• Praise 1

I find PS4 wet performance not so good. the car will pull to one side when cutting thru water "ponding" area on parts of the expressway on the right (Speeds at 90km/h - 100km/h). Not very decent for NSHW.   

Wet cruising is okie (80km/h).   

Wet test condition factor: Torrential Rain as per Last 2 week 

Corner grip is good on dry.  

Decent Tyre. Comfort is okie. Noise level is low. 

Car: w212 E200. Staggered Config. 245/40/18 & 265/35/18 
Mileage: 3000km. 

Rate: 8/10 

just sharing my opinion. 

• Praise 3

ps4 was tested to be an excellent tyres in both dry and wet condition during my recent drive trip to genting highland organized

by mini asia and eurokas group.

the grip for negotiate and attacking sharp cornering at high speed was excellent, I did not felt that the car or tyres is loosing it grip

as long as you know how to play with your gears.

high speed (done ard 220km/h at some point) stability was also proven, I felt that the tyres hold tight to the ground and response

to your commend at any time.

no sure about the wear and tear. nosie and comfort are well balance.

post-114127-0-29234100-1477994763_thumb.jpg

post-114127-0-47913200-1477994795_thumb.jpg

post-114127-0-79812400-1477994840_thumb.jpg

post-114127-0-59520900-1477994877_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3