Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

The one at Kaki Bukit is the one that tries this upsell bulls**t. Encountered before so I drove off before they could lure me in for the kill. I'm not the only one it seems. They were unsuccessful with me but I'm pretty sure they've gotten so many people this way.

I know what you are referring to...

Fortunately I knew what I wanted which is cheap CSC5 SUV at $220 and already done homework that they had that.. nevertheless on the phone it's $200, Weng down was quoted $230.. haiz.. of course insisted on $230 but no free rotation etc. One forester claim to have lost a cash card there but for that it can not be proven if that is so by any party.

The Kim Hoe & Company at Ubi (beside Johnson Stickers) gives a very down to earth feeling which I eventually went back for repeat business over the years.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The Kim Hoe & Company at Ubi (beside Johnson Stickers) gives a very down to earth feeling which I eventually went back for repeat business over the years.

I personally don't like the Kim Hoe at Ubi. Don't know if the owner or workers there are still the same, but i still bear a grudge and refuse to patronise them because I had a bad experience there close to 20 years ago. Woah, i feel old...

Bought a new set of rims from them then for my AE111 corolla, but one of the rims was actually leaking due to a manufacturing defect. Kept getting flat tyre. I only found out it was leaking from the inner edge of the polished rim lip when i went to Stamford to patch the tyre. Kim Hoe didnt find out because they used a brush and soapy water, but didnt put the entire rim into the tub of water, assumed it was a tyre leak. They refused to chg that defective rim after i went back to ask for a replacement, said it was my own damage.

Those days, i was inexperienced and didnt know my rights in cases like this. No social media to leverage as well, so i just sucked it up. Was very busy pumping tyres once every 3 days until i exported the car at 5 yrs old in early 2000s.

Nowadays, i just patronise 1 tyre and rim shop. Might not always be cheapest, but i have a good relationship. Eg. loan me a spare set of rims when i ask them to touch up my rims curb rash, sell me 1 pc of wedsport rim when i damaged mine beyond repair after running into a pothole. Good service earns my patronage.

• Praise 2

Thanks for all bro for sharing all your experiences. 

Since this thread is about Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ... Maybe we stick back to this topic....

As always, Michelin offer great all around performance for all ride from it Tyres range  .....especially for wet grip in PSS, PS4 n so on     ..i think is top class....

As i mentioned i have good experiences previously on Pilot Super Sport Tyre ...it is fantasy experiences ....but this is more expensive     performance tyres...and PS4 is not replacement of PSS , but coming PS4S will be the successor of PSS ...

However, with about 60 dollars cheaper than PSS, PS4 did provide good value and should achieve good ride experiences ....

And i am not too sure if any bro install PS4 in their SUV and MPV ....is it good so far ? 

Since this thread is about Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ... Maybe we stick back to this topic....

As always, Michelin offer great all around performance for all ride from it Tyres range  .....especially for wet grip in PSS, PS4 n so on     ..i think is top class....

As i mentioned i have good experiences previously on Pilot Super Sport Tyre ...it is fantasy experiences ....but this is more expensive     performance tyres...and PS4 is not replacement of PSS , but coming PS4S will be the successor of PSS ...

However, with about 60 dollars cheaper than PSS, PS4 did provide good value and should achieve good ride experiences ....

And i am not too sure if any bro install PS4 in their SUV and MPV ....is it good so far ? 

i using PS4 225/45/18 on my stream RSZ. so far so good with the performance and grip as compare to PS3 the wall seem softer. need to pump extra PSI to stiffen it otherwise nothing much to complain.

PS4S i though is Asian market model and is not a replacement for PSS.

As always, Michelin offer great all around performance for all ride from it Tyres range .....especially for wet grip in PSS, PS4 n so on ..i think is top class....

As i mentioned i have good experiences previously on Pilot Super Sport Tyre ...it is fantasy experiences ....but this is more expensive performance tyres...and PS4 is not replacement of PSS , but coming PS4S will be the successor of PSS ...

If I'm not wrong PS4 is not available in profile that's bigger than 45.. so for SUV, will need to get 255/45-19 or 245/45-19 or 20" above.. 18" will need 255/45-18 or wider. So few SUV would be able to try PS4 or PSS or PS4S unless it's on 19,20,21" or willing to go 255 and wider for 18"

i humji one, i dun test them to the limits  [laugh]

all i want is a tyre that offers the shortest possible straight line braking distance and good wet performance can liaoi

Safety above everything

I had spent so $$$ on my car , Why Save money on tire (only 4 contacts btw you and road)

Buy the Right tire but not necessary Right Price tire 

Safety above everything

I had spent so $$$ on my car , Why Save money on tire (only 4 contacts btw you and road)

Buy the Right tire but not necessary Right Price tire 

not sure why you are replying to me though. i don't stinge on tyres.

that said, paying for good tyres should not give a false sense of safety and security.

it can help reduce braking distance, or reduce aquaplaning, but all that is of no use if you feel emboldened by "good tyres" and drive over limits.

not sure why you are replying to me though. i don't stinge on tyres.

that said, paying for good tyres should not give a false sense of safety and security.

it can help reduce braking distance, or reduce aquaplaning, but all that is of no use if you feel emboldened by "good tyres" and drive over limits.

yup, fully agree.. the key words is "over the limits"... one must know their own car's weight ratio, braking capability, foot reflexes, etc and a matching tyre to know it's limit.... cannot base on tyre type alone... example is i find Ku31 matches my latio nicely, never once loose a grip even on hard braking situation... when i match goodyear A3 with mazda6, it activated my abs twice already (7th months of driving) on hard braking situation (dry), simply mean i was losing grip... i wont make claim like A3 is worst then Ku31 since it matches on different car (car weight, braking capability, etc.. different) i know my limits now with A3 which is not good enough for my driving style... i will try another tyre next... uumm... maybe that explain why i drive "slower" recently.... [laugh]  

"Spend over the limit...but not SPIN over the limit". [laugh]

Choosing the right trye for our ride is like buying a jogging shoe for good grip and not hurting our knee as we run.

So much variety and design...

"Spend over the limit...but not SPIN over the limit". [laugh]

Choosing the right trye for our ride is like buying a jogging shoe for good grip and not hurting our knee as we run.

So much variety and design...

i digress. not hurting your knee is determined by the way (posture, heel or mid strike etc) you run, not the shoe you wear  [:p]

i spend with the law of diminishing returns in mind. the most expensive doesn't always mean the best or most value.

that's why PS4 is enough for me instead of PSS  [nod]

If I'm not wrong PS4 is not available in profile that's bigger than 45.. so for SUV, will need to get 255/45-19 or 245/45-19 or 20" above.. 18" will need 255/45-18 or wider. So few SUV would be able to try PS4 or PSS or PS4S unless it's on 19,20,21" or willing to go 255 and wider for 18"

Not true. Profiles up to 55 exists, e.g. 205/55R16.

Went to check out ps4. The sidewalls are really soft n flexible. Will wear rates be higher n steering feel more vague with soft side walls?

Went to check out ps4. The sidewalls are really soft n flexible. Will wear rates be higher n steering feel more vague with soft side walls?

wear rates should be comparable to PS3 but the wall yes they are softer but no issues with hard cornering. just 5 kpa higher fix the issues and ride and noise more comfortable as compare to PS3.

Wear rate should be higher , check the tyres pressure regularly and also visually look at front tyres see will it have being squeeze ...

then it is times to pump more air ....coz usually front tyres need to stand more weight. .... 

I patronise soh Bros for many years.

He is the no nonsense and down to earth price.

I call and he stand by for me and everything is done in 30mins.

Bottom line. Talk to frankie only and not anyone else.

Bro,

Can pm me Soh Bros address ...i might find him for quote on PS4 tires.. [:p]

I patronise soh Bros for many years.

He is the no nonsense and down to earth price.

I call and he stand by for me and everything is done in 30mins.

Bottom line. Talk to frankie only and not anyone else.