Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

(edited)

i agree on the warranty part which i think is close to impossible to claim from AD. i am sure they will push consumer away sighting wear and tear.

on the other hand i would think that there could be times where production failed QC. when this happened, will those failed QC comes to the hand of the PI. this is the only reason why i prefer buying AD stock when it comes to tyre not because of price and all those talk about weather and road condition.

btw, what rubber your GS came with? it used to be dunlop sport maxx 050. very very good grip but hell noise after 30k km.

the wording is ambiguous. it says international warranty, but it doesn't say if the warranty is transferable. it's ok if you buy the watch from an AD in Europe, you are the first owner and the card and invoice reflects your name. warranty is honoured worldwide.

but if you buy a watch from a private owner, or from grey dealer, i dunno if the warranty is still covered.

that said, i dun care about warranty as long as the watch is genuine and is available at a much cheaper cost. a rolex is a rolex. it must be well made the moment it leaves the factory.

same goes for PI Michelins. If it's made by Michelin, and comes from a reputable shop, it is ok for me.

anyway, warranty for tyres is a joke. how to claim warranty?

Edited by Earthboy
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i agree on the warranty part which i think is close to impossible to claim from AD. i am sure they will push consumer away sighting wear and tear.

on the other hand i would think that there could be times where production failed QC. when this happened, will those failed QC comes to the hand of the PI. this is the only reason why i prefer buying AD stock when it comes to tyre not because of price and all those talk about weather and road condition.

btw, what rubber your GS came with? it used to be dunlop sport maxx 050. very very good grip but hell noise after 30k km.

point noted on the QC portion.how do we tell if a tyre is "defective" or failed QC?

mine is the IS not GS. it came with 17" Bridgestone.. i think T001. i traded it in straight after i got my car.

mine is also AD PS4, but that's because Yap Bros gave me the best trade in price.

• Praise 1

the warranty is transferable with t & c apply ( the main T&C: proof of purchase / warranty card within the period)

For Motor car sold here by Authorised Agent , the warranty is transferable If the car is sold by them (exclude PI)

I prefer warranty for Rolex item ,because if the Watch fail I could go back to their service center to help me fix the problem

As for tire , PI tires are not genuine product , to me is more of the suitability, but that doesn't meant all PI are not suitable here

Bro, just seeking clarification on the "PI tires are not genuine product" claim. You meant there are knock off tires in the market sold by PIs?
  • Praise 1

exactly because we cant tell if the rubber failed QC but i would think the factory will not sell them to an AD (r at least i hope. lol)

point noted on the QC portion.how do we tell if a tyre is "defective" or failed QC?

mine is the IS not GS. it came with 17" Bridgestone.. i think T001. i traded it in straight after i got my car.

mine is also AD PS4, but that's because Yap Bros gave me the best trade in price.

for the benefit of doubts

PI tires are not Defective or QC failed product.

buy what you think/believe is right for you from your reliable shop and service provider.

And so long they are willing to hold responsibility of what they Did and Sold [thumbsup]

Quote a Example

when I buy a Brand New BMW from PML

should my Originally fitted tire(brand A) has some technical / quality issue, who should I approach for help ? 

I will go only go back to PML (not BMW / Brand A tire)

to me is the duty of the seller I buy from and is their responsibility to help me refer the issue to the Manufacturers.

JUst MHO

Twincharged
(edited)

Bottom line is why should one buy from AD with warranty if their first statement will be wear and tear. Or You caused it. For tires I'm fine with genuine but PI. As long as it's cheaper. Even $5 cheaper I'll take PI. most ADs in SG squirm their way out of any warranty claims for all products, not only tires. That's one reason why online parallel imports are flourishing. Sometimes I see No benefit to buy from any local retailer.

I don't mind paying more if I get a true and real warranty and after service. If not I rather take my chances with a PI product. No matter how complex a Car can be, what is built by man can be fixed by man.

Edited by Mkl22

Bottom line is why should one buy from AD with warranty if their first statement will be wear and tear. Or You caused it. For tires I'm fine with genuine but PI. As long as it's cheaper. Even $5 cheaper I'll take PI. most ADs in SG squirm their way out of any warranty claims for all products, not only tires. That's one reason why online parallel imports are flourishing. Sometimes I see No benefit to buy from any local retailer.

I don't mind paying more if I get a true and real warranty and after service. If not I rather take my chances with a PI product. No matter how complex a Car can be, what is built by man can be fixed by man.

fully agreed the sentence

What is built by man can be fixed by man

that is why the warranty came in , they will fixed the problem that due to manufactured defects. 

anyway as a consumers , we decide what we believe is right and go ahead.

Business is Business , they have all right to set the Sales contracts and agreement , we are free to accept or not.

Happy shopping.

I am not very comfortable to buy a product from Sellers (on line / shop / stall/ Company) and claimed the products sold are Manufactures warranty which they are not an Authorized Re-seller.

thanks for sharing

above is MHO

• Praise 1

Agree on getting from PI even if saving is at 5$. But if AD are accepting the warranty like it should be and not coming with any stunts i believe a lot are more willing to pay to buy with them. But for something like tires which are wear and tear and subjected to damage when mishandled AD acceptance rates for claims varies among the CSO.

Even cars from AD always claim it's normal even when there obviously is an issue, because manufactures are the one forcing it. Claims done at AD will require the parts to be send back for verification if it's really damaged and warrant for a claim, if misdiagnosed AD will have to bore the cost. This is why AD are always reluctant to allow claims unless there are visible damage. 

fully agreed the sentence

What is built by man can be fixed by man

that is why the warranty came in , they will fixed the problem that due to manufactured defects. 

anyway as a consumers , we decide what we believe is right and go ahead.

Business is Business , they have all right to set the Sales contracts and agreement , we are free to accept or not.

Happy shopping.

I am not very comfortable to buy a product from Sellers (on line / shop / stall/ Company) and claimed the products sold are Manufactures warranty which they are not an Authorized Re-seller.

thanks for sharing

above is MHO

built by man also can be damage by man. :P

warranty claim always get abused by man too that why alot of warranty nowadays dont really exist unless for really visible manufacture damage.

all business man wont want to replace something which was damage by man as that mean profit loss.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, Autobacs does not have promo for 235/45/18.

Any one has any good (price and service) shop to recommend for PS4 ?

Thanks.

Hi bro, yesterday I was Autobacs and saw they having promotion for PS4 tyre buy 2 get 2 free.

For 225/45/R17 of 4 tyres is $660...I think is cheap.

Maybe you want to check it out for R16 tyre.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, Autobacs does not have promo for 235/45/18.

Any one has any good (price and service) shop to recommend for PS4 ?

Thanks.

I go south east tyre . U can call and ask . Very good services . Explain to me too
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

25k and almost touching wear indicator liao with just regular local driving,

Expected better wear rate.

All the tyres I had all these years could last for in excess of 50k.

Do you often apply brakes even when not really necessary - I meant do you look ahead the traffic and let the vehicle coast instead of braking ?

i feel you. my old PS3 lasted me for 40K now at 20K my tires are finishing!

Driving pattern remain the same or even more gentle as car old already hardly push it.

i encountered something similar when i replaced Bridgestone GR80 with GR90 after using the former for more than 70,000km. the latter didn't last beyond 43,000km.

for Toyo Proxes T1 Sport, i managed to cover slightly over 53,000km even though the treadwear rating was only 240.

i am currently using Thai-made PS4 which has a treadwear rating of 320. i understand each tyre manufacture specifies its own treadwear rating. nevertheless, i am hopeful PS4 can go beyond 55,000km.

Turbocharged

i encountered something similar when i replaced Bridgestone GR80 with GR90 after using the former for more than 70,000km. the latter didn't last beyond 43,000km.

for Toyo Proxes T1 Sport, i managed to cover slightly over 53,000km even though the treadwear rating was only 240.

i am currently using Thai-made PS4 which has a treadwear rating of 320. i understand each tyre manufacture specifies its own treadwear rating. nevertheless, i am hopeful PS4 can go beyond 55,000km.

PS3 only 300 and I used it to 50k easy like Victorco