Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

did your tyre burst? it's always good to call up a few shops to check on the price first before committing.

the tyre profile does not determine whether it is from a PI or AD. mine is from Thailand.

Yup...my PS3 rear tyre side wall crack so beyond repair.

I'm not sure same agent tyre but 215/45/17($165) vs 215/50/17($235) have so much price different.

Maybe someone can enlighten.

↡ Advertisement

I'm not sure same agent tyre but 215/45/17($165) vs 215/50/17($235) have so much price different.

215/45-17 is a common size,many Japanese/Korean Cars used this size,215/50-17,less model used..hence more expensive.

• Praise 1

My F1A3 tyres had served me well for 40,000km and I changed to PS4 yesterday at Yap Bros, Old Toh Tuck Road. Total damage was $740 ($185/tyre) for 225/40/18 Thailand stock.

My F1A3 tyres had served me well for 40,000km and I changed to PS4 yesterday at Yap Bros, Old Toh Tuck Road. Total damage was $740 ($185/tyre) for 225/40/18 Thailand stock.

Interested to hear your comments on the 2 tyres after u have run in the new ps4. Cos i am now on ps4 and will be trying out f1a3 next.

I think that's a good price leh.

How much is the F1A3 in comparison?

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 1

Is it true that comparatively ps3 side wall is thinner?

Is it true that comparatively ps3 side wall is thinner?

The side wall crack is due to a punture and I dragged about 1km to petrol station. Haha

Moreover, my tyre is more than 2 years old with 55k km milage.

Was it due to under inflation issue? Just asking...

I pump 250-260 usually for 18". Dun think it was an inflation issue

AD or PI ?

To be honest I am not sure. The PS3 tyres (225/40/18) were from Yap Bros at Paya Ubi and the person in charge Jennifer claimed the tyres were AD stock but made in Europe.

I think that's a good price leh.

How much is the F1A3 in comparison?

I bought the F1A3 (made in Germany) from Leong Seng when it was newly launched. The cost was $185/tyre. Believe the price has dropped. 

I pump 250-260 usually for 18". Dun think it was an inflation issue

To be honest I am not sure. The PS3 tyres (225/40/18) were from Yap Bros at Paya Ubi and the person in charge Jennifer claimed the tyres were AD stock but made in Europe.

I bought the F1A3 (made in Germany) from Leong Seng when it was newly launched. The cost was $185/tyre. Believe the price has dropped. 

Someone told me the difference is the ply.   Maybe that has an effect. 

Interested to hear your comments on the 2 tyres after u have run in the new ps4. Cos i am now on ps4 and will be trying out f1a3 next.

Surprised that the PS4 is not as noisy as PS3. Maybe the tyres have not been run in yet. Will keep you posted.

Surprised that the PS4 is not as noisy as PS3. Maybe the tyres have not been run in yet. Will keep you posted.

My ps4 become quite noisy after first few thousand km. Not the noisiest tyres i had, just nosier than avg.

Performance of tyres is good. Why i change if good? Cos i never use the same tyre model twice. Always experimenting.

Edited by Columbian78

Same. Can hear the noise from PS4.

@altis72 F1A3 vs PS4, any feedback?

Sport tires always noisy. Becos of the Wide thread.

My ps4 become quite noisy after first few thousand km. Not the noisiest tyres i had, just nosier than avg.

Performance of tyres is good. Why i change if good? Cos i never use the same tyre model twice. Always experimenting.

Same. Always trying around. Diff one. Cos the first few batch are alway the best. Later ones normally get losusier just like cars. New always plenty of stuff. After FL model they start removing stuff or lesser equipment.

Someone told me the difference is the ply. Maybe that has an effect.

Rubber formula diff between eu and Asia.

Ply should be the same. Don't think they wanna risk blow up.

Someone told me the difference is the ply. Maybe that has an effect.

Because someone mentioned it, that's why I am trying to seek confirmation.   [laugh]

Like previously my dilemma between 91V and 94W,  now that I changed to 94W,  I can no longer can use back the default pressure.  I would say my preference is 91v.

I hope someone can post a clear pic of the sidewall of the european PS4 so that I can take a look and compare.  [:p]

Because someone mentioned it, that's why I am trying to seek confirmation. [laugh]

Like previously my dilemma between 91V and 94W, now that I changed to 94W, I can no longer can use back the default pressure. I would say my preference is 91v.

I hope someone can post a clear pic of the sidewall of the european PS4 so that I can take a look and compare. [:p]

Why cannot use back 91V?
↡ Advertisement