Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

But why can't use back same air pressure.

91v loading 615

94w loading 670

The vehicle weight is constant.

The load capacity, which is dependent on the pressure, ideally, need to match between the original and the new.

E.g. 

91 load index at 32 psi,  1091 lbs

94 load index at 32psi,  1179 lbs

In order for 94w to match with 91v,    the closest is 29psi at 1102 lbs

Similar,  to match 91v to 94w,  the closest is 35psi at 1168 lbs.

Also,  the contact patch to the road will change because the weight of the vehicle is constant.

That is why when, usually,  drivers over inflate their tyres,  they get better fuel economy.

• Praise 2

The side wall crack is due to a punture and I dragged about 1km to petrol station. Haha

Moreover, my tyre is more than 2 years old with 55k km milage.

Lol. Ok. That sounds tough. To last 55km is quite worth metnioning especially if your ride is a heavy one.

The vehicle weight is constant.

The load capacity, which is dependent on the pressure, ideally, need to match between the original and the new.

E.g. 

91 load index at 32 psi,  1091 lbs

94 load index at 32psi,  1179 lbs

In order for 94w to match with 91v,    the closest is 29psi at 1102 lbs

Similar,  to match 91v to 94w,  the closest is 35psi at 1168 lbs.

Also,  the contact patch to the road will change because the weight of the vehicle is constant.

That is why when, usually,  drivers over inflate their tyres,  they get better fuel economy.

Thanks good infor.

Totally unaware of the science behind this

I still very old school of using what chalk to mark the side wall and drive and pump the Pressure.

[:p]

Edited by Sdf4786k

Thanks good infor.

Totally unaware of the science behind this

I still very old school of using what chalk to mark the side wall and drive and pump the Pressure.

[:p]

You mark across the threads or the side wall? 

I will go to those carpark which are very dusty.  After parking the car, I will look at the dust print across the tyre threads to find out how much contact area.    [laugh]

PI Michelins are made in europe.

Some of them I heard made in eastern euro country...Poland for example.. so question that always bug me .. Poland vs Thailand vs $$$

any place for 205/55/16 Europe Made.

Some of them I heard made in eastern euro country...Poland for example.. so question that always bug me .. Poland vs Thailand vs $$$

Can i enquire if there is 225/50r18 size ? If not, wat is the best nearest size ?

225/40/18 Kumho P31 - $115 225/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 - $160 225/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 - $185 225/40/18 Dunlop Sport Maxx TT - $140 225/45/18 Kumho PS31 - $125 225/45/18 Dunlop Sport Maxx 050+ - $170 225/45/18 Goodyear Asymmetric 3 - $200 225/45/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 $240 225/50/18 Kumho PS31 - $140 235/40/18 Dunlop Sport Maxx 050+ - $160 235/40/18 Goodyear Asymmetric 3 - $200 235/50/18 Kumho PS31 - $130 235/55/18 Kumho PS31 - $130 245/40/18 Kumho PS31 - $130 245/40/18 Dunlop Formula D05- $145 245/40/18 Goodyear Asymmetric 3 - $210 245/45/18 Kumho PS31- $130 245/45/18 Dunlop DZ102 - $145 245/45/18 Goodyear Asymmetric 3 - $205

https://carousell.com/p/michelin-ps4-latest-model-michelin-pilot-sport-4-46862907/?ref=search&ref_query=Michelin%20PS4&ref_referrer=%2Fsearch%2Fproducts%2F%3Fquery%3DMichelin%2BPS4&ref_reqId=RxcXRrJyRBV6IFYaB4sVvFRK0GjVotik

seems quite good prices

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

Made in Thailand PS4 have "ST" label on the sidewall, which uses harder compound using different manufacturing process compared to the European counterpart.

Never use European made one in a hot climate country, side wall is softer and not suitable for long journey in our local climate.

• Praise 1

Never use European made one in a hot climate country, side wall is softer and not suitable for long journey in our local climate.

not really true. EU also has hot days. yes not as much as us but there are days that are hot.

Side wall hard soft depend on the design my last round of PS3 had harder wall as compare to PS4 EU.

My current PS4 TH indeed had harder but its new so will update after it season.

not really true. EU also has hot days. yes not as much as us but there are days that are hot.

Side wall hard soft depend on the design my last round of PS3 had harder wall as compare to PS4 EU.

My current PS4 TH indeed had harder but its new so will update after it season.

I worked in AD before and we will select “for hot climate country use” when ordering (whole vehicle) thru factory portal. The system will change some of the engine parts, rubber parts and tyres to hot climate use in the “shopping cart”, there must be a reason. That is why I always stick with Thai made Michelin because most of the PI stock are for European climate use.
  • Praise 3

I worked in AD before and we will select âfor hot climate country useâ when ordering (whole vehicle) thru factory portal. The system will change some of the engine parts, rubber parts and tyres to hot climate use in the âshopping cartâ, there must be a reason. That is why I always stick with Thai made Michelin because most of the PI stock are for European climate use.

But Europe also has got hot summer too. Think summer tyres should work in SG.

How long is considered a long journey in our climate?
↡ Advertisement