Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

Thanks for the feedback. I took it from the tyre guru @fastfive1. Although I'm not a spirited driver most of the time, I do value good tyres.

Moreover the price differential between PS4 and F1A3 is not as great as before. Therefore I decided to try PS4.

600km is too early for an accurate review since all tyres are mostly still quiet when new. May I know what size r u using and how much it cost per pc?

Haha i think most people will know that I went thru both the F1A3 and the PS4 tires. Since PS4 tires have served me well, I decided to stick to them on my current car. The F1A3 exposes the flaws of your existing suspension setup while the PS4 tires helps to improve the feel. Body roll is more apparent on the F1A3. If you feel you can waste 600 bucks on a set of F1A3 tires, you should give them a go and you might eventually become like me, desperately trying to go back to Michelin. Hahahahahahaha

↡ Advertisement

i roughly only know

all the tyres sold in singapore got the dot code?

those tyres with the code, excluding semi slick,AT tyres, should be safe enough to use?

I dun believe got any fake or imitation tyres??

how do u fake a tyres??

make it with other material instead of rubber??

imitation??

u print michelin on a china brand tyre??

i dun think got such cases in singapore.??

there are replica tires with different branding but same thread design from china or indo that claim to be OEM.

so not really fake but more of replica just like Volks rims design.

• Praise 1

Guys, would you consider this as due for replacement already?

attachicon.gifA2546491-D323-4F0C-ACAD-6139C5274F2B.jpeg

attachicon.gifFE9BC3B0-BDB4-43F0-86DD-6968508FE1D5.jpeg

Sent in my car for servicing yesterday and my AD recommended me to change as the tyre is almost bald.

But to me it looks fine still.

That what AD earn on. sales! they need to push things to unknown/gullible customer which put their trust on them.

How to gauge the lifespan left is by using the notch in between the grooves. for Mich tires look at the side wall. u will see their marshmallow man logo around it. follow that logo run your fingers across the tread from out to in if u feel there is no gap or the difference is shallow between the grooves it's time to change depend on your comfort.

base on the photo if u wan to change you can resell cheaply for some money still for those who like to test PS4 out.

• Praise 1

there are replica tires with different branding but same thread design from china or indo that claim to be OEM.

so not really fake but more of replica just like Volks rims design.

i dun think we would call a china brand phone , or a china brand car a replica right??

same as a china brand tyres, thai, indo etc.

i think we need to evolve from this mentality.

i dun think we would call a china brand phone , or a china brand car a replica right??

same as a china brand tyres, thai, indo etc.

i think we need to evolve from this mentality.

i think you misunderstood the meaning of replica.

i wont call it a replica if it wasn't a 1 - 1 exact tread look. 

It's just like those taiwan replica TE37 which ain't manufactured by Rays but using it's design.

Normally im using michelin. I dont know conti have a better function. I thought tyre is tyre only. Idk they have function. Hahahhaa. Is it conti ok? Where can i get see the conti tyre? Im worried if i buy at any workshop huh. The price more expensive. Hmmm.  :a-noway:  <_< 

Why not you try changed your tyre to conti. Conti is a good tyre when you driving on the road. Esp when you driving on the wet road. They considered each every safety and performance. The result is a top ranking. Its have many type of tyre. Better you go and ask them which type of tyre that suitable with your car. You can go Continental Tyre shop at PJ. The price its not expensive as you thought. :D

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Guys, would you consider this as due for replacement already?

A2546491-D323-4F0C-ACAD-6139C5274F2B.jpeg

FE9BC3B0-BDB4-43F0-86DD-6968508FE1D5.jpeg

Sent in my car for servicing yesterday and my AD recommended me to change as the tyre is almost bald.

But to me it looks fine still.

Seems good to reduce air pressure by 10-15kpa as the outside has lesser wear.

Tyres still look fine.. anyway change tyre also don’t change at AD.... more ex

Not at all.

Cos I wanted to rotate my rear tyres to the front. Then the AD says the rear tyres are almost gone, it's risky to move to the front since it's rainy season. Do I still want to proceed?

In my mind I'm thinking Wu yia Bo, so fast? The tyres are used for only 11 months and clocked 20500km mileage.

I found them OK just wanna seek opinions from experts here.

Thai made PS4 ST 225/40/R18 with 320 threadwear rating.

Read somewhere the rear tyres tread should be deep always.. at least if 2 Tyres has tread and 2 Tyres are bald, the Tyres with tread should be mounted at the rear.

Seems good to reduce air pressure by 10-15kpa as the outside has lesser wear.

Tyres still look fine.. anyway change tyre also donât change at AD.... more ex

Read somewhere the rear tyres tread should be deep always.. at least if 2 Tyres has tread and 2 Tyres are bald, the Tyres with tread should be mounted at the rear.

Wah thanks bro. I always pump 260 front and 250 rear.

After the AD did rotation I didn't go pump. Now it's 2.4 left and 2.5 right. Lol

Wah thanks bro. I always pump 260 front and 250 rear.

After the AD did rotation I didn't go pump. Now it's 2.4 left and 2.5 right. Lol

Can pump higher than recommended and not lower.

Recommended pressure is the minimum.

Car tyre is load bearing hor.

I got my 225/45/18 220 per piece made in Thai.

Price more or less fix in the market. Have to look around some places sell some size cheaper then the other.

Edited by Victorco

Looking to get PS4 205/50ZR16 to go with 7.0J rims.

May I know if this size comes in both MIT and MIE or just MIT?

I've briefly read MIT may have harder compound and thus harder sidewall, more suitable for asean hot climate while PI claim its bull. So which is true and which is better?

If only MIT, then it saves me from having a headache  [:p]

Is PS4 relatively quiet?

Although certain attributes are expected to be mutually exclusive, I do not want to sacrifice too much on grip especially in wet at the expense safety just for having the most quiet tyre.

Otherwise, if it relatively noisy, is there a recommended more balanced tyre?

Any idea what is the expected price range and where can I get the best price?

TIA!

I know certain attributes are mutually exclusive but

Turbocharged

My IS 200t comes with Turanza T001 as stock , lasted less than 35k km , and I had them changed to Thai PS4 2 weeks ago . 

Did about 1,000km on the new PS4 over the last 2 weeks, incuding a run up to KL and back ,  and damn , its much noisier and less comfortable ( due to harder sidewalls)  than the Turanza . Grip levels about the same . 

I very much prefer the original stock tyres . 

My IS 200t comes with Turanza T001 as stock , lasted less than 35k km , and I had them changed to Thai PS4 2 weeks ago .

Did about 1,000km on the new PS4 over the last 2 weeks, incuding a run up to KL and back , and damn , its much noisier and less comfortable ( due to harder sidewalls) than the Turanza . Grip levels about the same .

Not staggered right? Then 35k km isn’t that much

Turbocharged

Not staggered right? Then 35k km isn’t that much

Ya not staggered ; all 225 45 17 . 

It only lasted 35k cos about 6k of it was driven hard up north - high speed runs on expressways and hard cornerings on B road drives . 

Did about 1,000km on the new PS4 over the last 2 weeks, incuding a run up to KL and back , and damn , its much noisier and less comfortable ( due to harder sidewalls) than the Turanza . Grip levels about the same .

Really ah

hi,

i digress a bit. Anyone has experience with dunlop sport maxx 050+?

saw that it was just launched last year in march this year

↡ Advertisement