Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

Yup I usually park at level two of my carpark. It's a very short right slope bend going up and similarly short left slope bend coming down.

up and down level two of MSCP should not cause this type of wear on tyres. this looks like high floor of Golden Shoe car park type of wear.

I suspect alignment is out. 

↡ Advertisement

bro jaffa, i used KW V1, V2 and V3 because there are good quality and perfect match for bimmer

V1 ... height adjustable only

V2 ... height and rebound adjustable

V3 ... height, rebound and compression adjustable

i find V2 should be best match for street use [thumbsup]

Wow, big budget

lowering spring too low and you want to change to coilover? if you set high in coilover it will be very harse ride because the spring is heavily compressed ... coilover is meant to have a drop look

however, with coilover the damper rebounce should be better match than normal damper plus lowerinf spring

I think many coilovers nowadays are using the design where the main spring compression is fixed and independent of the height adjustment, using mounting points adjusted on threaded damper body itself so travel stroke and ride comfort is not compromised.

But agree that need to manage expectations for using coilovers for raising ride height. Still remember HKS coilover on one of my previous cars, highest possible adjustment is only 1.5 finger gap!

After trying the thai and german made PS4, I have this weird feeling that the thai PS4 tires have more grip than the euro made PS4 tires. On the thai made PS4, I feel like I can push the car harder. It could be due to a different car as well but that's just my take.

After trying the thai and german made PS4, I have this weird feeling that the thai PS4 tires have more grip than the euro made PS4 tires. On the thai made PS4, I feel like I can push the car harder. It could be due to a different car as well but that's just my take.

Thai made are harder and more grippy. compared to EU PS4.

Ditched my Thai PS4 today after 26324km of usage over 14.5 months.

Only about 1mm above tyre wear indicator.

For a tyre with treadwear of 320, the wear rate is quite high.

225/40/R18

Generally this tyre is good. Was able to take my corners confidently, no hydroplaning, and the sidewall looks good.

BTW this is my alignment chart. My last alignment was 8 months ago before I lowered.

After I lowered (just lowering springs) a month after the alignment, I was told that I don't need to do alignment again.

Looking at the figures, it seems abit out. No wonder my inner Tyre wear is so bad.

post-1798-0-78121200-1518654985_thumb.jpeg

But still, all 4 tyres have reached the wear indicator.. so..PS4 is still not very lasting

BTW this is my alignment chart. My last alignment was 8 months ago before I lowered.

After I lowered (just lowering springs) a month after the alignment, I was told that I don't need to do alignment again.

Looking at the figures, it seems abit out. No wonder my inner Tyre wear is so bad.

attachicon.gif65417C9B-D8A0-4EA7-A303-8E9672F71901.jpeg

But still, all 4 tyres have reached the wear indicator.. so..PS4 is still not very lasting

Ditched my Thai PS4 today after 26324km of usage over 14.5 months.

Only about 1mm above tyre wear indicator.

For a tyre with treadwear of 320, the wear rate is quite high.

225/40/R18

Generally this tyre is good. Was able to take my corners confidently, no hydroplaning, and the sidewall looks good.

Hi bro, mind sharing how much u paid for your PS4 and F1A3? Thank you.

• Praise 11

you had quite some toe in on the rears. which would have accounted for some of the wear. probably your last 8mths you traveled 10k km? by then the higher wear from the toe would have worn out the tires some.

But more importantly, the left camber is more than the right this would account for the great wear inside on the left tire vs the right. curious that kenny didnt advise to fix it.

Just my guess, i suspect kenny couldnt do anthing much about the camber angle. If it is Lexus IS, it should be double wishbone suspension upfront. Since it is a fixed lowering spring, it is non adjustable. Double wishbone camber adjustment can't use camber bolts, it needs a camber kit. Not sure if theoldjaffa installed one, or if its available for his car.

Technically, i believe mounting and dismounting the spring + damper on a double wishbone suspension doesn't require realignment. It should not affect suspension geometry because it mounts direct to suspension turret and middle of lower arm. Suspension geometry is determined more by the wishbone arms. It is not like other suspension setups like macpherson strut, where unfastening the bolts to the knuckle (to remove the strut) will cause the alignment to shift.

• Praise 3

you had quite some toe in on the rears. which would have accounted for some of the wear. probably your last 8mths you traveled 10k km? by then the higher wear from the toe would have worn out the tires some.

But more importantly, the left camber is more than the right this would account for the great wear inside on the left tire vs the right. curious that kenny didnt advise to fix it.

I think he did. Just that my camber cannot be adjusted.

Just my guess, i suspect kenny couldnt do anthing much about the camber angle. If it is Lexus IS, it should be double wishbone suspension upfront. Since it is a fixed lowering spring, it is non adjustable. Double wishbone camber adjustment can't use camber bolts, it needs a camber kit. Not sure if theoldjaffa installed one, or if its available for his car.

Technically, i believe mounting and dismounting the spring + damper on a double wishbone suspension doesn't require realignment. It should not affect suspension geometry because it mounts direct to suspension turret and middle of lower arm. Suspension geometry is determined more by the wishbone arms. It is not like other suspension setups like macpherson strut, where unfastening the bolts to the knuckle (to remove the strut) will cause the alignment to shift.

Bingo. Wonder why Lexus made the camber as such. It seems pretty skewed.

Do I need a camber kit? Other than to avoid uneven wear, any other benefits to do it?

Bingo. Wonder why Lexus made the camber as such. It seems pretty skewed.

Do I need a camber kit? Other than to avoid uneven wear, any other benefits to do it?

I assume your alignment readout posted today is done recently? If yes, do you have an alignment report from before the lowering to compare?

It is hard for me to believe lexus allowed their cars to leave the factory with such unbalanced suspension geometry. It could be that the front left and right pieces of the aftermarket lowering spring set are not well balanced, leading to such differing camber angles. Otherwise, might be some unnoticed kerbside encounter that had an slight impact on the left wishbone arms.

Camber kits in your case will usually involve replacement of the stock upper wishbone arm to an aftermarket item, that has some slots for adjustability. I have no experience with NVH of those kits. I had a car previously which had double wishbone suspension, too troublesome to do the suspension, so i left it stock. Macpherson strut is supposedly an inferior design,but so much easier to do minor adjustments for camber.

• Praise 1

I assume your alignment readout posted today is done recently? If yes, do you have an alignment report from before the lowering to compare?

It is hard for me to believe lexus allowed their cars to leave the factory with such unbalanced suspension geometry. It could be that the front left and right pieces of the aftermarket lowering spring set are not well balanced, leading to such differing camber angles. Otherwise, might be some unnoticed kerbside encounter that had an slight impact on the left wishbone arms.

Camber kits in your case will usually involve replacement of the stock upper wishbone arm to an aftermarket item, that has some slots for adjustability. I have no experience with NVH of those kits. I had a car previously which had double wishbone suspension, too troublesome to do the suspension, so i left it stock. Macpherson strut is supposedly an inferior design,but so much easier to do minor adjustments for camber.

This is the stock reading with yesterday's one below for easy comparison.

Sorry to trouble u to interpret for me cos I don't really know how to read it.

post-1798-0-47604600-1518691211_thumb.jpeg

post-1798-0-39897400-1518691326_thumb.jpeg

↡ Advertisement