Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

This is the stock reading with yesterday's one below for easy comparison.

Sorry to trouble u to interpret for me cos I don't really know how to read it.

attachicon.gif2CA12964-27FE-4445-9F64-C937714A9B23.jpeg

attachicon.gif9A4132C6-04DF-4E44-8F24-74075A8AD3A2.jpeg

I stand corrected. Looks like the before and after lowering camber setting patterns are fairly consistent. Front left has half a degree more negative camber than the front right before lowering, which is roughly the same after lowering, 2/3 of a deg difference.

Toe setting looks a little out of spec before the recent alignment, so maybe it is really a combination of toe and camber settings causing excessive wear. Strange that installing lowering spring will cause toe settings to run, unless the workshop loosened the wishbone arm mounting bolts during the installation process.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I stand corrected. Looks like the before and after lowering camber setting patterns are fairly consistent. Front left has half a degree more negative camber than the front right before lowering, which is roughly the same after lowering, 2/3 of a deg difference.

Toe setting looks a little out of spec before the recent alignment, so maybe it is really a combination of toe and camber settings causing excessive wear. Strange that installing lowering spring will cause toe settings to run, unless the workshop loosened the wishbone arm mounting bolts during the installation process.

Yes! Now that u said it... I think they did!

Never knew this would affect...

Is it normal to have more negative camber on the left?

Are my settings all good now?

Many thanks for your insights!

Yes! Now that u said it... I think they did!

Never knew this would affect...

Is it normal to have more negative camber on the left?

Are my settings all good now?

Many thanks for your insights!

Half deg is ok.normal tolerance. Your workshop maybe can loosen the bolts and try to push pull a bit to see if the right side can be a little more negative.

About having left side camber more negative, Usually with macpherson struts on our right hand drive cars. When you add the driver it lowers a bit more on right hand side and the camber on right side becomes a little more negative and you balance both sides. But this is used more for tracks or if you are super anal.

This is the stock reading with yesterday's one below for easy comparison.

Sorry to trouble u to interpret for me cos I don't really know how to read it.

2CA12964-27FE-4445-9F64-C937714A9B23.jpeg

9A4132C6-04DF-4E44-8F24-74075A8AD3A2.jpeg

My take is the left rear toe was toe out for some time and cause the left inner to wear faster. For the stock measurement when was it taken? After you have driven for?
  • Praise 1

Half deg is ok.normal tolerance. Your workshop maybe can loosen the bolts and try to push pull a bit to see if the right side can be a little more negative.

About having left side camber more negative, Usually with macpherson struts on our right hand drive cars. When you add the driver it lowers a bit more on right hand side and the camber on right side becomes a little more negative and you balance both sides. But this is used more for tracks or if you are super anal.

My take is the left rear toe was toe out for some time and cause the left inner to wear faster. For the stock measurement when was it taken? After you have driven for?

Oic. Makes perfect sense to have the left camber more than right then.

The first alignment was done when the car was 6 months old @ 9800km, after my first rotation and suspension was still stock.

Car was lowered at 7 months old @ 11500km.

Tyres were rotated at 11.5 months old @ 20000km. The rears go straight up while the front was crossed to the rear.

The second alignment was done yesterday, car was 14.5 months old @ 26300km.

I hit my undercarriage a few times over humps since I lowered.. dunno if that contributed to the misalignment too.

The first alignment was done when the car was 6 months old @ 9800km, after my first rotation and suspension was still stock.

Tyres were rotated at 11.5 months old @ 20000km. The rears go straight up while the front was crossed to the rear.

I hit my undercarriage a few times over humps since I lowered.. dunno if that contributed to the misalignment too.

Sorry forgot to add that left side camber stuff doesn’t apply for your car since double wishbone should not have much camber changes when compressed. :)
  • Praise 1

Well your front negative camber explains the excessive wear. Anyway since it is CNY eve, I went to take a look at my old EU PS4 tires on my relative's car. It has clocked a total of 60+k km and there is about 30% left. Took it for a drive and there is slightly less grip when you turn corners. But i am surprised how well the tires held up. He is waiting for another month or so to get it replaced. I would say the PS4 can really last long depending on how your car is set up.

• Praise 1

Well your front negative camber explains the excessive wear. Anyway since it is CNY eve, I went to take a look at my old EU PS4 tires on my relative's car. It has clocked a total of 60+k km and there is about 30% left. Took it for a drive and there is slightly less grip when you turn corners. But i am surprised how well the tires held up. He is waiting for another month or so to get it replaced. I would say the PS4 can really last long depending on how your car is set up.

Actually it’s more of the toe out which was the problem. At 9800km he had a toe out of the rear left. At 26k km toe out of the front left. Toe out eats the inner side very fast.

Any bro using Michelin Primacy 3 st ?

any comment ?

Compound rather hard and grip is only so so in both wet and dry. Offers little feed back and don't inspire confidence.

It last long though due to the hard compound. I suspect 60k is about there for my 1.8ton car.

In all my driving for decades, I have never used any tire that could last me 40k, until I changed to 3st.

Actually it’s more of the toe out which was the problem. At 9800km he had a toe out of the rear left. At 26k km toe out of the front left. Toe out eats the inner side very fast.

Okay. Well i guess the alignment setting is what is causing the problem. I dont know much about Toe

I suspect you are probably right that the toe out is the main culprit. But i am just slightly surprised that the stock suspension is rather out of spec at the 6 month mark. That said, the alignment done at the 6 month mark brought everything back into spec, tyres probably would have lasted much longer after that, likely the alignment going haywire after lowering caused the premature wear over 15k km.

where can i find good michelin PS4 tires 205/55/16/ 

I suspect you are probably right that the toe out is the main culprit. But i am just slightly surprised that the stock suspension is rather out of spec at the 6 month mark. That said, the alignment done at the 6 month mark brought everything back into spec, tyres probably would have lasted much longer after that, likely the alignment going haywire after lowering caused the premature wear over 15k km.

Any bro using Michelin Primacy 3 st ?

any comment ?

I’m using it. 235/50R18 size.

Compared to GY F1A2 which I was using previously, it’s noticeably quieter and more comfy.

Dry grip is decent but not as good.

wet grip is not great and I almost skidded once in MSCP when the floor was wet.

But the tires are amazingly lasting! I’ve travelled almost 30,000km and the tread still look damn thick, almost brand new. My guess the tyres can at least another 30,000km

I last did with Kenny before I lowered my car with lowering springs. After that I went back to him, he said no need to realign.

Yup these are currently in front.

bro.. lowered liao , did you change to a better set of end links?

Once lowered, the stock end links CMI.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

I’m using it. 235/50R18 size.

Compared to GY F1A2 which I was using previously, it’s noticeably quieter and more comfy.

Dry grip is decent but not as good.

wet grip is not great and I almost skidded once in MSCP when the floor was wet.

But the tires are amazingly lasting! I’ve travelled almost 30,000km and the tread still look damn thick, almost brand new. My guess the tyres can at least another 30,000km

i using this primacy 3 st now also

quite lasting, grip ok, but very loud compare to my previous GR100

Bro my size is 225/40/R18

Spain PS4 $190

German F1A3 $175

Pirelli PZ4 also $190

i recently bought yokohama v105 245/40/18, 200 per piece

i reckon for my size, pz4 will cost a lot more?

↡ Advertisement