Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

I also want PS4S.  But PS4S don't have 17".

I see they have PS4S in 17" in USA leh.

Maybe you check with PI stock?

↡ Advertisement

I see they have PS4S in 17" in USA leh.

Maybe you check with PI stock?

where did u see got 17" PS4S ? have i take and wack the tire shop already. 

I also want PS4S.  But PS4S don't have 17".

oh is it?  its a pity.  I used PSS but never used PS4S which is supposedly to be even better.

Many dont believe.  even on daily road use, PSS was much better in feel n dry grip.  I guess every cent is worth its value.  I am using 18 inch tyres.  Once I am done with my PS4, am looking hard at giving PS4S a go.  

Finally just got my ps4 205/50/R16 at $150 at hello tyres MacPherson

AL tyres at $160

Hurry at $175

Arrow has no stock when i asked

2 more shops at Serangoon north quoted at $170 a least.

I believe mine "export set" that bought in from malaysia. if u want AD , then have to go AL  [:)]

Finally just got my ps4 205/50/R16 at $150 at hello tyres MacPherson

AL tyres at $160

Hurry at $175

Arrow has no stock when i asked

2 more shops at Serangoon north quoted at $170 a least.

I believe mine "export set" that bought in from malaysia. if u want AD , then have to go AL  [:)]

funny that its more ex than the 225/45r17 that i got from hurry @ $170.

Supercharged

I changed the my tyres to Thai made PS4 225/45/18 front and 245/40/18 staggered setup 2 years back.

After 25 months and about 26000km my ride has about 3 to 4mm tread left. Thinking of changing even though I can probably drive a few months more cos I find the grip is not as good as before. My mechanic says about 20% tyre tread left based on visual check. No issue of uneven wear etc.

Was quoted $180 per piece for MIT PS4 225/40/18 tyres. Quite good price I think.

1. Can anyone advise what is the difference in comfort and grip between 225/45/18 and 225/40/18 tyres? Any other difference cos the 225/45 tyres are priced higher.

2. Would you bother to do a staggered tyre set up?

My ride is a C200. Thinking of going 4 tyres same cos I cannot rotate with a staggered set up plus mine is not high power monster car.

Will wanna stick with PS4.

Cheers.

Twincharged

I changed the my tyres to Thai made PS4 225/45/18 front and 245/40/18 staggered setup 2 years back.

After 25 months and about 26000km my ride has about 3 to 4mm tread left. Thinking of changing even though I can probably drive a few months more cos I find the grip is not as good as before. My mechanic says about 20% tyre tread left based on visual check. No issue of uneven wear etc.

Was quoted $180 per piece for MIT PS4 225/40/18 tyres. Quite good price I think.

1. Can anyone advise what is the difference in comfort and grip between 225/45/18 and 225/40/18 tyres? Any other difference cos the 225/45 tyres are priced higher.

My ride is a C200. Thinking of going 4 tyres same cos I cannot rotate with a staggered set up plus mine is not high power monster car.

Cheers.

So left 3-4mm is for all or rears only?

What’s your original tire size that came with the car? Also are all your rims the same size now? If it’s 18x7.5 front and 18x8.5 rears, you cant put 225/40 on the rears.

Supercharged

So left 3-4mm is for all or rears only?

What’s your original tire size that came with the car? Also are all your rims the same size now? If it’s 18x7.5 front and 18x8.5 rears, you cant put 225/40 on the rears.

I forgot what was the original tyre size. It was run flat CSC5 offered by C&C. 18” tyres. AMG rims.

Any bros with the W205 C class model knows?

Twincharged

I forgot what was the original tyre size. It was run flat CSC5 offered by C&C. 18â tyres. AMG rims.

Any bros with the W205 C class model knows?

Then likely the rims are staggered 7.5F and 8.5R. You need to use the same sized tires as before.

If 245/40/18 on a 7.5in rim the tire at the rear will look very bloated and the side wall not flushed with the rims.

Supercharged

Then likely the rims are staggered 7.5F and 8.5R. You need to use the same sized tires as before.

If 245/40/18 on a 7.5in rim the tire at the rear will look very bloated and the side wall not flushed with the rims.

Found a post where someone put up the same rims for sale.

Original Mercedes Benz W205 AMG 18" inch 5 Spoke polish alloy rim + tyre *Make in Germany PCD 5X112 Front 7.5jj x 18 ET 44 Rear 8.5jj x 18 ET 49

Cheers.

$180 is a very good price! Those PI PS4 cost much more.

I went from square to staggered. Your Merc is RWD, go with staggered nicer.

My Thai PS4 225/40 lasted me only 26k. I find the wear rate not good that's why I moved to F1A3.

And when I changed to staggered, the shop don't carry Thai PS4 and the Europe PS4 is $260 more than F1A3 which is exorbitant. PS4 used to be the same or only slightly more ex.

Supercharged

$180 is a very good price! Those PI PS4 cost much more.

I went from square to staggered. Your Merc is RWD, go with staggered nicer.

My Thai PS4 225/40 lasted me only 26k. I find the wear rate not good that's why I moved to F1A3.

And when I changed to staggered, the shop don't carry Thai PS4 and the Europe PS4 is $260 more than F1A3 which is exorbitant. PS4 used to be the same or only slightly more ex.

My driving style is quite spirited so it's about right to get 3-4mm left after 26000km. I don't like to keep tyres when the grip has deteriorated beyond a certain threshold plus the prices of PS4 seems to have gone down compared to 2 years ago.... Can consider swapping out.

Agree with you to get it changed out.

Get the tyres changed once starts to sense the loss in grip... what’s the difference in delaying for 2 months or so? Just increasing chance of losing thousand in accidents on the already losing grip tyres.

Found a post where someone put up the same rims for sale.

Original Mercedes Benz W205 AMG 18" inch 5 Spoke polish alloy rim + tyre *Make in Germany PCD 5X112 Front 7.5jj x 18 ET 44 Rear 8.5jj x 18 ET 49

AMG package normally on stagger size wheel.

BUt do not assuemed all orignal  AMG rim are MAke in Germany.

just sharing only

(edited)

Cheers.

for Mercedes W205 factory recommended is below for 18 inch wheels 

all 4 x 225/45/18 with same width wheel or

front x 225/45/18   rear x 245/40/18 with diff wheels width .

I wont recommend to change tire size (out of specification like from 225/45/18 to 225/40/18 for front) because of Price.

if you want to Save some money by putting all 4 to 225/45/18 for the staggered wheel width is ok But how much money can you save?

to me 

Q1, 225/40/18 is less comfort than 225/45/18 (base on same type and non runflat)

225/40/18 non runflat could be moe comfort than 225/45/18 run flat tire

Q2 Yes I will do Staggered if I have a car (rear Wheel drive ) its provide better handling especially come to High speed driving and coner

just my Sharing

Edited by Roberttan
↡ Advertisement