Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

whats your exact size?

i see most michelin tyres like pss ps4 sidewall all very soft 1. i can flex it with 1 hand.

unless those extreme low profile

205/45 17

↡ Advertisement

17 hours ago, Akula said:

Just changed out my factory installed staggered 19” RFT tires to PS4S.

immediately feels the ride is more cushy everything seems more serene.

Surprised at the Threadwear of 300 and it is indicated as Made in France.

I’m also on RFT, dunno if I should take the risk cos I have no Tyre repair kit

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Just put TPMS and you are safe. Most punctures lose air slowly.
For those blow outs your tires chwee and you are screwed anyway. No tire repair kit is gonna help. Haha. 
of course safest is a spare. But you do need to periodically fill it up. Cause what’s the point if you find out your spare is also out of air. 

I use a TPMS carry an air pump. If the pressure is low and I’m not near a petrol station then I pump it up and hobble to a tire shop to get it fixed. Pressure should hold for most punctures for at least an hour, If not more. I think in all my years of driving I only changed tires once. Rest of the time before the invention of TPMS, I managed to detect and get it to the shop. Although once the tire side walls were gone. 

• Praise 2

On 2/15/2020 at 5:54 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

My car came with runflat, thus no spare tire or tire repair kit (foam), and factory TPMS.

Decided to take the plunge cause my rationale (read, might not be applicable to you folks), the RFT, is heavy, lumpy and harder.

Putting up with the above on a daily basis versus the peace of mind a RFT offers, i.e. tire puncture, that occurs like once every X number or months/years? But to have SOME peace of mind, bought a tire inflator, but did not buy the tyre repair kit.

Not to mention, RFT per tire is about $100 more expensive (same brand and size).

1 hour ago, Akula said:

My car came with runflat, thus no spare tire or tire repair kit (foam), and factory TPMS.

Decided to take the plunge cause my rationale (read, might not be applicable to you folks), the RFT, is heavy, lumpy and harder.

Putting up with the above on a daily basis versus the peace of mind a RFT offers, i.e. tire puncture, that occurs like once every X number or months/years? But to have SOME peace of mind, bought a tire inflator, but did not buy the tyre repair kit.

Not to mention, RFT per tire is about $100 more expensive (same brand and size).

Thanks for the note. Looks like I should switch out too. I find them noisy even when new. I’m on S001 RFT now, 225/40/R19 front and 255/35/R19 rear.

whats your tire size?

• Praise 1

59 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Thanks for the note. Looks like I should switch out too. I find them noisy even when new. I’m on S001 RFT now, 225/40/R19 front and 255/35/R19 rear.

whats your tire size?

So coincidental, exactly same as yours.

Was on factory fitted Pirelli P Zero

When searching for tires, non RFTs have BS S007a, Pirelli PZ4(I think), Kumho PS71(?) & PS4s. (Might have one or 2 more)

• Praise 1

Finally time to change tyres and settled on this without hesitation. Got mine 205/55R16 at only $125 per piece. Think is very cheap as expecting to pay around $135 which I paid for my other ride 1.5 years back at same shop.

On 4/2/2017 at 2:23 AM, Fastfive1 said:

Kim Hoe is a pretty screwed up place. Their tactic is to remove your tires first so that you have no choice but to get new tires. Then they will do all kinds of up sell tactics. I would avoid Kim Hoe as far as possible unless you're super experienced at dealing with f**kers like them.

got 2 kim hoe. which one no good ah?

On 2/20/2020 at 7:41 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

whats your tire size?

Wah S001 is dinosaur... now S007

install the Orange TPMS from tyre shop.. no regrets. Can monitor everyday what’s the Tyre pressure And temperature and battery voltage. My set is more than 4 years old now.. $200 when purchase with tyres

3 hours ago, Chucky2007 said:

Wah S001 is dinosaur... now S007

install the Orange TPMS from tyre shop.. no regrets. Can monitor everyday what’s the Tyre pressure And temperature and battery voltage. My set is more than 4 years old now.. $200 when purchase with tyres

I just changed to a Giulia bro. The S001 came stock with the car and it Also have stock TPMS too.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I just changed to a Giulia bro. The S001 came stock with the car and it Also have stock TPMS too.

225/40R19 dun have S007a RFT.

Giulia, NICE!

• Praise 1

On 2/26/2020 at 9:54 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

Congrats! That’s a very nice car! I’m sure the drive for the Alfa is way better than the lexus!

My boss’ husband sold his Lexus LC500 around 1 year of driving it and went back to a 911.. He says for a supposedly performance car,  he cannot drive well 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1