Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

1 hour ago, ismailmiller said:

No issues, though the back is better with 245 as the rims are wider. So far I went 2 different mechanics, they said no issues. I just rotate to save some money since the tires is still in good condition though slightly hardened a little bit. 

What is very important is that you do proper tire balancing + rotation and wheel alignment and pump in the correct tire pressure ; 240kPa for Front and 260kPa for rear. I hit 10K within 3 months so i think rotations will save me money and ensure even wear.

If I rem correctly the rims should be the same size. But yea, with same size can at least do rotation to get abit more life.

Just wondering, did you consider the efficientgrip performance 2? They shld have 225/45/17. Was considering these but they didn't have the 245. Price wise should be even cheaper than the F1A5

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, ismailmiller said:

No issues, though the back is better with 245 as the rims are wider. So far I went 2 different mechanics, they said no issues. I just rotate to save some money since the tires is still in good condition though slightly hardened a little bit. 

What is very important is that you do proper tire balancing + rotation and wheel alignment and pump in the correct tire pressure ; 240kPa for Front and 260kPa for rear. I hit 10K within 3 months so i think rotations will save me money and ensure even wear.

10k within 3 months??

Wow you are busy bee

Then I think you should buy more economical tyres no point splurging on the UHP stuff since they will be gone in less than 2 years.

On 1/24/2021 at 4:38 PM, ismailmiller said:

Car manufacturers recommend different tire size setup is basically for different driving conditions

if you are running on Staggered setup( as recommended for Rear wheel vehicle only) ,this is good for overcoming oversteer while taking corner at high speed (which most of us not fast enough).no front Back rotation is allow so your front tires will wears out lot faster than rear two especially Left front.

is nothing wrong to run all round or square setup which allow  regular tire rotation.

personally find some staggered setup on new car is marketing Strategy and which most do not need it in our country

just My personal opinion

personally had tried the PS3st and lasted me for 40,000km still got 50% left , tire life span is lots depending how you look after them,

by regular pump and rotation every 10,000 km is essential, and driving style and car setup do play a important part too.

just MHO

28 minutes ago, Maddriver said:

Just replaced my FK510 with PS4S.. The dry is good but yet to try wet.. gotten the MIT set since price is same as PI..

your fk510 still very thick leh??

or that 1 is long ago photo?

I didnt realised how much quieter PS4S is as compared to F1A5. 

I was on PS4 prior to changing to F1A5. At 30k km it was pretty noisy for PS4 after change to F1A5, it became slightly quieter. After 15K km I upsize the rims and changed to PS4S. Wow! So much quieter  

On 2/22/2021 at 4:08 PM, Beregond said:

your fk510 still very thick leh??

or that 1 is long ago photo?

Eh, its still many many tread left leh. You baller lah, Tayar so new you change.

On 3/31/2021 at 8:47 AM, Robo said:

I didnt realised how much quieter PS4S is as compared to F1A5. 

I was on PS4 prior to changing to F1A5. At 30k km it was pretty noisy for PS4 after change to F1A5, it became slightly quieter. After 15K km I upsize the rims and changed to PS4S. Wow! So much quieter  

My experience is completely the opposite. Feel that my new F1A5 is much quieter than my 20K km PS4S. Could this be a case of new vs old?

On 4/2/2021 at 2:11 AM, Koster said:

My experience is completely the opposite. Feel that my new F1A5 is much quieter than my 20K km PS4S. Could this be a case of new vs old?

my answer is YES

new always quiet

if New noisy you better get the car wheel bearing / tire check  

• Praise 1