Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

Check alignment. Who did the alignment? Any printout? Funny to have 2 sides wearing so differently. I’ll put these in the front. Rwd need sticky tires in the rear.

I last did with Kenny before I lowered my car with lowering springs. After that I went back to him, he said no need to realign.

Yup these are currently in front.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

first picture looks like alignment out or many trips up / down MSCP high floor.

Yup I usually park at level two of my carpark. It's a very short right slope bend going up and similarly short left slope bend coming down.

a performance tire(front) lasted around 25000km without regular maintenance/ fast cornering / high torque engine is considered not bad.

if you have done the regular rotation at 10,000km (or 8000km for aggressive driving) marked, I am quite sure your 4 tires should last you around 40,000km.

without seeing your Rear 2 tires , I guess they should have balanced of at least 50% left ?

These 2 bald kindly replace it for Safety and don't ever put them to Rear just for the sick of Saving.

If you decided to replace them kindly install on the Rear and bring the Rear 2 forward (balance it first).

CAn share what car are you driving ?

One thing I spotted is a temporary repaired work which is not a recommended way by Tire manufacturer.

Reference top photo the rubber peel off is NOT crack to me , it is just merely rubber peel off due to normal wear and tare..

Just add on all this had nothing to do with Thailand product

Just MHO

Yup I rotate every 10k.

Rears are still fine, checked just now.

My tyres just kena mail so I had it freshly patched. No issue.

This is my PS4 after 14 mths and less than 26000km mileage.

Rotated twice at 10k and 20k

Inner wear until bald.. and cracked some more for the left.

Alignment done 8 months ago.

Mine is agent stock, ST designation, made in Thailand, 225/40/R18

I never had a Tyre wear out so fast before.

Can I move these two to the rear first and use for another 4k more till 30000km mileage? My car is RWD.

attachicon.gifEFE91BBA-4CE6-410D-ABBD-BA3277B04AB2.jpeg

attachicon.gif15A7C1FC-F581-4F8D-AAAF-18ADAD70409C.jpeg

Looks like you have really negative camber. I have about 30k km on my PS4 tires. My rear has similar wear.  But I'm on -2 rear camber so that's normal. My fronts are still alright for me. RWD too!

Looks like you have really negative camber. I have about 30k km on my PS4 tires. My rear has similar wear. But I'm on -2 rear camber so that's normal. My fronts are still alright for me. RWD too!

Mine is stock. No camber kit available too..

Mine is stock. No camber kit available too..

Any idea what is your camber from your last alignment? From your wear rate, seems like its running pretty negative.

Only had this type of wear when i was on coilover previously. Not sure if lowering spring will cause your camber to open up too.

On stock suspension for my accord cu2 and all my tires lasted me at least 2 years (35-40K). Pirelli P7, Conti CSC4/5 (cant remember) and now on Goodyear F1A3.

Nope, I drive normally most of the time.

Whenever I have the chance, I take the expressway entrance or exit bends at 70 to 80kmh... Which is not often since I always encounter drivers who brake test me at bends ð

Oopss.. Looks like you gotta change tyres soon.. Any idea what you gonna change to?? Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 1

Any idea what is your camber from your last alignment? From your wear rate, seems like its running pretty negative.

Only had this type of wear when i was on coilover previously. Not sure if lowering spring will cause your camber to open up too.

On stock suspension for my accord cu2 and all my tires lasted me at least 2 years (35-40K). Pirelli P7, Conti CSC4/5 (cant remember) and now on Goodyear F1A3.

I remember I took a pic of the alignment settings but I can't find it.

I usually change my tyres at 40k and it still has good thread left.. that's why I'm surprised that this PS4 is wearing out so fast. With a threadwear of 320, it's supposed to last more than that.

I usually use F1A2 then A3 for the past 7 years.

I usually change my tyres at 40k and it still has good thread left.. that's why I'm surprised that this PS4 is wearing out so fast. With a threadwear of 320, it's supposed to last more than that.

Looks like your alignment is out of spec. What you have seems like negative camber in front. I would suggest getting that checked. I would think my driving is more aggressive given that I do 200kmh trips up north every month. My fronts with not much negative camber have about 50% left after 30k km. My rears with -2 camber are left with about 40% but with wear on the inside similar to yours.

• Praise 1

Looks like your alignment is out of spec. What you have seems like negative camber in front. I would suggest getting that checked. I would think my driving is more aggressive given that I do 200kmh trips up north every month. My fronts with not much negative camber have about 50% left after 30k km. My rears with -2 camber are left with about 40% but with wear on the inside similar to yours.

Thanks guru.

I will change to coilovers and that includes alignment.

My current lowering spring is too low, I hit my undercarriage many times Liao over humps and carpark slopes.

lowering spring too low and you want to change to coilover? if you set high in coilover it will be very harse ride because the spring is heavily compressed ... coilover is meant to have a drop look

however, with coilover the damper rebounce should be better match than normal damper plus lowerinf spring

all my sedan cars run on coilover ... when on full tank plus got 2 passengers at rear ... i cannot pass Tuas custom humps without dead slow and 45 degree slow up/down ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

lowering spring too low and you want to change to coilover? if you set high in coilover it will be very harse ride because the spring is heavily compressed ... coilover is meant to have a drop look

however, with coilover the damper rebounce should be better match than normal damper plus lowerinf spring

all my sedan cars run on coilover ... when on full tank plus got 2 passengers at rear ... i cannot pass Tuas custom humps without dead slow and 45 degree slow up/down ... lol

At least I can adjust the ride height. Now my rear is 1 finger and front is 1.5 fingers.

I will increase my Tyre sidewall height from 225/40 to 235/40 and with coilovers I'll put 1.5 fingers rear and 2 fingers front.

This will raise my overall ride height and hopefully clear better.

I was at HDB hub basement 3... knn I was going dead slow Liao, still Kena a big thump on my undercarriage. I wonder if anything was damaged

1.5F/1.0R is the tokyo drift look la

if you lose the tokyo drift look ... where got nice ... lol

with my coilover ... there are several shopping basement carpark i cannot go ...

each time i come out from jurong point .. i will scrap the rear undercarriage because of the hump and the head hangover first even i go dead slow ... that’s a price to pay for tokyo drift look ... haha

i am runnning 2F/1.5R with 19” wheel 235/35 and 265/30 (3series) and 245/40 and 275/35 (5series)

now on suv can clear flood sup sup water ... haha

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

This is my PS4 after 14 mths and less than 26000km mileage.

Rotated twice at 10k and 20k

Inner wear until bald.. and cracked some more for the left.

Alignment done 8 months ago.

Mine is agent stock, ST designation, made in Thailand, 225/40/R18

I never had a Tyre wear out so fast before.

Can I move these two to the rear first and use for another 4k more till 30000km mileage? My car is RWD.

EFE91BBA-4CE6-410D-ABBD-BA3277B04AB2.jpeg

15A7C1FC-F581-4F8D-AAAF-18ADAD70409C.jpeg

Bro, rear tyres should have the thicker Tyre thread always regardless AWD, FWD or RWD.
  • Praise 2

My Michelin Latitude Sports3 has treadwear rating of 240 (or 220) and already used for 36k and tyres looks like have another 40-50% more to go. I rotate every 7-10k. Mine car is heavier. Your PS4 wear so fast. Maybe try CSC6 is you are running 19”

My Michelin Latitude Sports3 has treadwear rating of 240 (or 220) and already used for 36k and tyres looks like have another 40-50% more to go. I rotate every 7-10k. Mine car is heavier. Your PS4 wear so fast. Maybe try CSC6 is you are running 19â

Thanks for the info bro. Conti seems to wear out even faster. Think I'll just stick with Goodyears for now

bro jaffa, i used KW V1, V2 and V3 because there are good quality and perfect match for bimmer

V1 ... height adjustable only

V2 ... height and rebound adjustable

V3 ... height, rebound and compression adjustable

i find V2 should be best match for street use [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement