Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

6 hours ago, Chucky2007 said:

Congrats! That’s a very nice car! I’m sure the drive for the Alfa is way better than the lexus!

My boss’ husband sold his Lexus LC500 around 1 year of driving it and went back to a 911.. He says for a supposedly performance car,  he cannot drive well 🤣

Cannot compare,Lexus LC500 is a Grand Tourer while the 911 Porsche is a Sports Car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

911 & 911s is more of a GT than sports car

Grand Tourer should be able to seat 4 Persons in Comfort,can Porsche 911 do.?🤣

6 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Grand Tourer should be able to seat 4 Persons in Comfort,can Porsche 911 do.?🤣

2 adults and 2 adult dwarves 

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

2 adults and 2 adult dwarves 

2 Adults & 2 below 10 years old Childrens.

Edited by ER-3682

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Mini R56 cannot seat 4 persons comfortably.

That is why it named ''Mini''....🤣...that is why the Countryman..is NOT a Mini anymore.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I have tried Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 and 3 for my Audi Quattro 2.0. However, I am not impressed with the noise generated by the tyres on the road.

The wear and tear on the Assymetric 3 was rather disappointing despite using it for only 35,000km. 

Hence, I replaced the four 18" tyres to Michelin PS 4 last weekend. It was made in Thailand and the agent local warranty gives me assurance. I paid $1,020 for it.

I was told to run in the tyres for about 300km. During this period, I will keep it within 100km/hr.

The wet weather is good to-date. But I need more time to experiment with these new set of tyres before I post a review. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 9/30/2015 at 4:50 PM, Divers said:

Dear all,

We can soon see Michelin sport 4.

http://tyresearch.telegraph.co.uk/r-new-tyres-advice/the-michelin-pilot-sport-4-on-show-at-frankfurt-27847

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on show at Frankfurt

New tyres

Tyre manufacturer Michelin is showcasing its new sports tyre, the Pilot Sport 4, at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show. A much anticipated tyre that is up against some keen competition.

michelin-ps4-sports_a.jpg

Michelin’s long-awaited new summer sports tyre, the Pilot Sport 4, is finally on show at the Frankfurt Motor Show. - Copyright © : Michelin

Competition in the sport’s tyre segment is rife, while Continental has just launched the SportContact 6, Michelin is currently presenting the latest addition to its Pilot Sport range at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

The Pilot Sport range has earned a solid reputation, especially for its most versatile version which until now was the Pilot Sport 3, a tyre available on the market since 2010.

To ensure continuity, the PS4 goes even twitch ninja further than its predecessor offering significant progress in several areas, mainly thanks to Michelin’s experience in racing.

Driving pleasure

Logically, the Pilot Sport 4 places the emphasis on driving sensations and pure efficiency. For this, its structure features a reinforced belt to keep any tyre deformation to a minimum and, as a result, improves driving precision, dynamic response and of course, the level of pure grip.

michelin-ps4-tread-design_vl.jpgCopyright © : Michelin

Geared towards safety

The PS4 is a tyre designed to equip passenger cars. As such, it must deliver an excellent level of safety in all weather conditions. Its new tread compound has been developed with this in mind, just like its wide grooves providing efficient water evacuation.

However, the brief presentation did not provide any further information about this new Michelin tyre. We hope to compare it with other reference tyres in the high performance segment in the near future to truly evaluate its potential. Let’s hope it achieves its efficiency.

Availability

The Pilot Sport 4 will be available on the market in January 2016, and initially, only in 17- and 18-inch sizes. New sizes will be available later, and in particular, 19-inch sizes.

michelin-ps4-wet-conditions_vl.jpgCopyright © : Michelin

Call Autokinetic and check got or not

47 minutes ago, Rbthx0408 said:

hi

can i check if it is possible to do a left to right rotation for the PS4?

No

Edited by inlinesix

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

No

Is PS4 a unidirectional tyre? I don't see any directional arrow marking on it to indicate so. Yet when I observed the shoulder thread pattern, it's slanted so the slant direction is facing different direction for left and right tyres. Or is it marked left or right? I only recall it was marked which side is inside facing.

My friend and I installed together. It was specially indented because the rims group buy seller don't distribute PS4. Now I'm afraid the tyres were mixed up if it's unidirectional and they mixed up left and right tyres.

23 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

No

Think the PS4 is not directional except that the thread is asymmetrical (outside/inside). Diagonal rotation of tyres should not pose a problem.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Carz73 said:

Is PS4 a unidirectional tyre? I don't see any directional arrow marking on it to indicate so. Yet when I observed the shoulder thread pattern, it's slanted so the slant direction is facing different direction for left and right tyres. Or is it marked left or right? I only recall it was marked which side is inside facing.

My friend and I installed together. It was specially indented because the rims group buy seller don't distribute PS4. Now I'm afraid the tyres were mixed up if it's unidirectional and they mixed up left and right tyres.

I need check my tyre again to be sure

Neutral Newbie

Just changed to 225/40/18 PS4 from 225/45/17 AS3. First impressions are that the PS4 has softer sidewalls and more flex. Road noise loudness is about the same but noise frequency is less harsh. For handling to be same as the AS3, tyre pressure needs to be slightly higher at at least 240kpa to handle as well as the AS3 at 230kpa. Any pressure lower than 240kpa makes cornering less responsive (a little "lembeh"). Recommended tyre pressure for my car is 230kpa for all tyres.

• Praise 2

any idea roughly how much a set of PS4 tyres for 205/55/16 is going for nowadays doesnt matter if from Thailand or Europe?

currently on pirelli cinturato p7  for this sizing and feel that wet grip is not as good as PS4 ( i had PS4's on my old car which has been scrapped)

Hi ! may i know anyone tried sedan PS4 on SUV cars before? How does it feel? 

Dues to size selection constraint i am thinking to use 245/50 ZR18 (100Y) on a SUV because PS4 SUV profile selection are too high 60-65%

In any case, i read some articles says 100Y is the load index which should be high enough for 1600kgs cars so i wondering if i can use the ones so called meant for sedan.

Any gurus can advice?☺️

Edited by Fumio74

6 hours ago, Fumio74 said:

Hi ! may i know anyone tried sedan PS4 on SUV cars before? How does it feel? 

Dues to size selection constraint i am thinking to use 245/50 ZR18 (100Y) on a SUV because PS4 SUV profile selection are too high 60-65%

In any case, i read some articles says 100Y is the load index which should be high enough for 1600kgs cars so i wondering if i can use the ones so called meant for sedan.

Any gurus can advice?☺️

What is your factory tyre spec (including load index)?

↡ Advertisement