Bad car dealers? Hire some debt collectors!

flashbang

5 dollars only.... Give him LA.

Actually i dont mind give him. But he went about it quietly without even the courtesy to inform me until i noticed and asked.
↡ Advertisement

Actually i dont mind give him. But he went about it quietly without even the courtesy to inform me until i noticed and asked.

luckily he didn't add an admin cost for having to go to the bank to get the CO.

luckily he didn't add an admin cost for having to go to the bank to get the CO.

The basic premise why car dealer can freely do things to their own advantage is that the industry is left too much to operate on their own and allow them to use their upperhand to unfairly penalise customer. So many customers have been swindled or fleeced by car dealer without recourse

Edited by Acemundo
  • Praise 1

I think to be fair must listen the story from both parties.

I remember got member here start thread to ask can back out from the car buying deal when he has already sign on the dotted line. There are rogue dealers out there but at the same time there are also a lot of jokers(buyers) as well.

Can suka suka back out from a legal agreement....for no valid reason. I do not know what is going on in these ppl's mind. Maybe they think they are buying toy car? So I wouldn't be so quick to condemn the car dealer....yet. Other thing is that this Yee fellow did not approach Case but went straight for debt collector. Not simple.

Firstly, ppl got to understand the hire and purchase act. You are not buying from some furniture shop called Courts whereby you are not satisfied with the product you can want your money back. I believe the used car dealer gives buyers 6 month warranty. Any car issue the dealer cannot fix within this time frame you can approach case and get your money back (on repairs) thru small claims tribunal.

After reading I think this buyer just do whatever he wants by getting debt collectors to harass the dealer. I may be wrong but this is not the way to settle whatever issue the car buyer is facing.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Actually this jerry yee brought his car back for repair, it seems he didnt ask for the deal to be canceled.

Secondly the dealer comments sounds fishy. He claims jerry spoilt his car and voided the contract. But it wouldnt be his car i the first place if he had effected the transfer.

Last but not least, i think not everyone thinks going to case is the first step one should pursue when seeking a redress. With the first hand experience of having approach case before, i would say i wouldnt approach them again next time even if i were to suffer an injustice next time as consumer.in fact it is possible to go straight to small claims tribunal without having to go through case.

Only useful if the dealer is still there... some close shop and disappear.

true also. surprise this case they went to their house too.

really dedicated service [:p]

Edited by Jumpmanz

so far the car dealers I've dealt with are ok.

one even helped me do number retention and even informed the insurer!

just have to be smart about it.

if the dealer talk too much cock, walk away... something don't feel right, walk away... wanna add agreement fee, walk away...

it can be as simple as that.

Disagree with you because most are crooks and because you don give yourself enough credits. Once u sense crooks, you quickly chao, that is why you don meet the bad guys, and you know how to handle the good/marginal ones.    

• Praise 1

Debt collector admin fee 1k to 1.5k depends and also 20 to 30percent comm if they r successful in getting some monies back.

That mr.yong. lol. Owe ppl money and claim he no wrong that cb..... let hin be harrassed more until he cough up the monies back

Bring the receipt, proof of sales or any other bank loan stated it sold to u.. sent to to LTA after review an investigate, LTA should be able transfer the car to you without any notice with the car dealer..  [drivingcar]  Hope this would work for mr Yee 

He is not the only one.

I have bought and sold about 10 odd cars to dealers. I have not met any crooks so far.

Disagree with you because most are crooks and because you don give yourself enough credits. Once u sense crooks, you quickly chao, that is why you don meet the bad guys, and you know how to handle the good/marginal ones.    

• Praise 1

I empathize his state but no pity.. information on transfer paperwork are so readily available.. just Google buy used car Singapore...

Buying anything more than $500 is worth spending 10min Google for info... Some more it's buying a car that cost most than $20k... Rwallyvreally silly man

I had a friend who was awarded $$ after hearing at the SMall Claims Court for Lemon Law. The dealer refused to budge. She used debt collectors to go their shop. They paid up immediately. Its a large dealer......

I think to be fair must listen the story from both parties.

I remember got member here start thread to ask can back out from the car buying deal when he has already sign on the dotted line. There are rogue dealers out there but at the same time there are also a lot of jokers(buyers) as well.

Can suka suka back out from a legal agreement....for no valid reason. I do not know what is going on in these ppl's mind. Maybe they think they are buying toy car? So I wouldn't be so quick to condemn the car dealer....yet. Other thing is that this Yee fellow did not approach Case but went straight for debt collector. Not simple.

Firstly, ppl got to understand the hire and purchase act. You are not buying from some furniture shop called Courts whereby you are not satisfied with the product you can want your money back. I believe the used car dealer gives buyers 6 month warranty. Any car issue the dealer cannot fix within this time frame you can approach case and get your money back (on repairs) thru small claims tribunal.

After reading I think this buyer just do whatever he wants by getting debt collectors to harass the dealer. I may be wrong but this is not the way to settle whatever issue the car buyer is facing.

• Praise 1

He is not the only one.

I have bought and sold about 10 odd cars to dealers. I have not met any crooks so far.

You are lucky or you are not as gullible as most people (ie. you are probably very hard nosed too [laugh]). Most car dealers, when they sense weakness, they will jiat you. There are exceptions but they are far and few and to be fair, most are not Jover Chew.

So must do homework, first sign dealer chut pattern, walk. And always insist on black and white and add "No other fees and conditions save for those explictly stated". First time buyer, must bring someone like you along.

My uncle is a retired used car dealer. LOL

Sad case to hear bout Jerry Yee's car case as I have worked with him last time.

It is hard to find a nice guy in character like him.

Hope he gets the recourse he is entitled to and to be fair, he did give many chances to the car dealer before last resort of hiring the debt collectors.

Edited by Tokko