QQ, Forester or Picasso?

Axela72

Greeting,

After 3 mth of car searching, below is the pro and con of the 3 cars I have shortlisted which all can get at ~$114k same price range. Handling comparison for these 3 car is not part of my consideration among them as all are in acceptable level to me. fyi, I only need to drive ~ 1k km/month. My criteria are based on total cost to maintain, look, spacious, equipment level and performance.

1.2L Qashqai (OMV 19k):

-Cheapest to maintain (lowest Road tax & insurance), good FC

-Pwr & torque - Weakest among the 3 cars

-Up to date equipment level

-Has numerous power lost complaint concerns

-Bonus as this is the only car that has my preferred colour (best exterior look)

Remark: The only wow factor if I get this car is because of my dream colour

2L Forester (OMV 14k):

-highest insurance and worst FC

-Best performance among the 3 cars but not very far apart unless is XT

-Dated equipment but can still live with it

-Spacious

Remark: The only wow factor if I get this car is if I upgrade to XT with additional ~$10k

Like the spacious but dislike the cost to maintain

1.6L C4 Picasso (OMV 22k)

-Highest road tax but best FC

-Futuristic and best in equipment (best interior look)

-Most spacious and with rear aircon vent

-Worst reliability

Remark: This car will be my 1st choice if minus away the reliability (which is one of my most important criteria) concerns. The worst reliability might resultant to highest maintain cost than the Forester

May I have your advise which car should I choose and why?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The XT turbo variant is going to be around $125k at least so not fair to pit against the QQ or Picasso.

Personally, looks matter a lot for me both exterior sheet metal and interior lay out and choice of materials used so I'd drop the Subaru right away. No offence to anyone.

I'd be honest to you.. the criteria you mentioned, impossible to get a good balance or all score with flying colours, especially so in this price bracket.

For e.g QQ gives up performance, to have good looks, good FC, low running costs, good equipment features & decent space so as to maintain at this price level. Therefore, with QQ's affordable price and low running cost, im happy to sacrifice performance lol  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

Have you test drove all 3 cars? That help you make the choice.

Personally, for the same price range, i would rather go for Vezel, but since it is not on your list, i gather that you are not considering PI models.

• Praise 1

too bad QQ 1.6L turbo only available in manual gearbox now ...

For e.g QQ gives up performance, to have good looks, good FC, low running costs, good equipment features & decent space so as to maintain at this price level. Therefore, with QQ's affordable price and low running cost, im happy to sacrifice performance lol  [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Greeting,

After 3 mth of car searching, below is the pro and con of the 3 cars I have shortlisted which all can get at ~$114k same price range. Handling comparison for these 3 car is not part of my consideration among them as all are in acceptable level to me. fyi, I only need to drive ~ 1k km/month. My criteria are based on total cost to maintain, look, spacious, equipment level and performance.

1.2L Qashqai (OMV 19k):

-Bonus as this is the only car that has my preferred colour (best exterior look)

2L Forester (OMV 14k):

-Spacious

Remark: The only wow factor if I get this car is if I upgrade to XT with additional ~$10k

-Worst reliability

Remark: This car will be my 1st choice if minus away the reliability (which is one of my most important criteria) concerns. The worst reliability might resultant to highest maintain cost than the Forester

Thanks

Go for the QQ... don't play play with reliability, come back and bite with expensive maintenance.... anyway, if you going have to keep the car for the next ten years, QQ is a good choice.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Yes, tested drive all 3. all 3 has better performance than my current bread and butter drive, Even though QQ among is the least but still better. Which is the best, I can't tell much has I didn't ramp or test drive in highway. I prefer more on handling, but none of the 3 meet my current expectation like Kuga. But my OC dislike Kuga due to the rear passenger sit. If for the price of Kuga, I rather compare with XT.

Yap. these 3 are the finalist. Vezel as it a Honda (bad experience and ban this brand) and from PI

Have you test drove all 3 cars? That help you make the choice.

Personally, for the same price range, i would rather go for Vezel, but since it is not on your list, i gather that you are not considering PI models.

Edited by Axela72
  • Praise 1

Thanks but there might be a reliability issue (worst can be safety issue) if you refer to the current loss of power matter.

Besides the trade off on performance from QQ, 1 thing I have forgotten to mentioned is the material quality. For example, the door feel inferior against Forester and Picasso. Try to open and close the door you will understand what I mean. I am not sure whether is the test drive QQ car gear box has been over used by test driver. It feel filmsy vs the other 2 cars which are robust.

The XT turbo variant is going to be around $125k at least so not fair to pit against the QQ or Picasso.

Personally, looks matter a lot for me both exterior sheet metal and interior lay out and choice of materials used so I'd drop the Subaru right away. No offence to anyone.

I'd be honest to you.. the criteria you mentioned, impossible to get a good balance or all score with flying colours, especially so in this price bracket.

(edited)

If QQ come with 1.6L turbo with Auto, I will choose it over the other 2.

If Forester has similar insurance and FC cost as others, I will choose it over the other 2.

If Picasso reliability is similar as other Japanese car, I will choose it over the other 2.

Each of the 3 car has their own con which made my selection harder. [laugh]

too bad QQ 1.6L turbo only available in manual gearbox now ...

Edited by Axela72

Go for forester then.. No power loss issue or possible potential reliability issue for the other 2 cars.

The if that you have mentioned, will only happen if and if ......

So go for the forester.....

Edited by Credor

Greeting,

1.2L Qashqai (OMV 19k):

2L Forester (OMV 14k):

-Spacious

-Worst reliability

Thanks

If i am in your position, it would be XT...

Sorry but no offense, I think you should not buy alny of the 3 because u don't like the cars..

Buying a car is a simple choice. All car serve the same purpose move from A to B. It's just whether ur budget is there and whether u like the car or not. I bought my latio c180 forester because I like the cars. If the cars don't wow u, save the money and drive ur current one.

• Praise 3

i mean 1.6L turbo only available in manual ... too bad  ... that's why TC does not bring in to replace the 2.0 NA (outdated model)

Tan Chong is bringing in the 1.6 manual Turbo meh?

i think the IF is actually IF money is not a problem ... [laugh]

If QQ come with 1.6L turbo with Auto, I will choose it over the other 2.

If Forester has similar insurance and FC cost as others, I will choose it over the other 2.

If Picasso reliability is similar as other Japanese car, I will choose it over the other 2.

Each of the 3 car has their own con which made my selection harder. [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

(edited)

A sudden idea pop up in my mind by choosing the car that has highest total pt given. look at what is my result below:  [laugh]

4 pt means highest while 2 pt mean lowest:

Forester          C4         QQ

Performance:                 4                  3           2

Reliability:                      4                  2           3 

Look:                              2                 4           3

Cost to maintain:            2                 3           4

Total:                            12               12          12

Edited by Axela72
  • Praise 1

A sudden idea pop up in my mind by choosing the car that has highest total pt given. look at what is my result below:  [laugh]

4 pt means highest while 2 pt mean lowest:

Forester          C4         QQ

Performance:                 4                  3           2

Reliability:                      4                  2           3 

Look:                              2                 4           3

Cost to maintain:            2                 3           4

Total:                            12               12          12

Jialat.. back to square one.

Just buy Picasso!

Cheap to run and so spacious. Citroen not reliable is maybe last time. 

Lot of my colleague also bought Citroen say it is problem free!

Buy a Picasso Bro!