QQ, Forester or Picasso?

Axela72

When ppls mentioned expensive upkeep & maintenance, how much are we estimating?

If it is just 10k extra, I can live with it. If over 20k extra, then this car will be out from my equation to keep this mistress. [laugh]

Anyway, I only consider this car very good looking at interior, exterior I prefer QQ with my ideal purplish blue colour. The exterior of Picasso remind me of Mit Colt plus

One consideration is road tax as u r comparing cat a and cat b cars.

The price difference can be $600 or more just for road tax.

This will equate to $6000 over ten years.

When ppls mentioned expensive upkeep & maintenance, how much are we estimating?

If it is just 10k extra, I can live with it. If over 20k extra, then this car will be out from my equation to keep this mistress. [laugh]

Anyway, I only consider this car very good looking at interior, exterior I prefer QQ with my ideal purplish blue colour. The exterior of Picasso remind me of Mit Colt plus

prob will be closer to the 20k

for diesel u need change engine oil at 7500km max regardless of whatever euro grade engine it is, the soot is still a lot

the key is also to use engine oils which are low saps, usually the C3 ones, rare and expensive

Skip the Forester.. The sound system below expectation, equipment looks outdated like you mentioned.

Go for QQ, maybe Picasso also good option.. Go with your heart desire Axela, else buy Liao regret for the next 10 years.. Don't buy bec others tell u which is good or best.

Your heart says QQ, or Picasso, then it's the obvious choice.

Skip the Forester.. The sound system below expectation, equipment looks outdated like you mentioned.

Go for QQ, maybe Picasso also good option.. Go with your heart desire Axela, else buy Liao regret for the next 10 years.. Don't buy bec others tell u which is good or best.

Your heart says QQ, or Picasso, then it's the obvious choice.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Thanks. I have compare it before.

QQ is cheapest in Road tax whereas Picasso is the most ex. However, Picasso is using diesel and best FC among the 3.

I estimated Forester will cost me ~$260 per month on petrol while Picasso will cost me ~ $120. This is like a difference ~$17k for a period of 10 year. Not to mention we have no idea how much petrol price will further increase for the coming next 10 yrs. 10 year ago, petrol price was like only $1.1/L now is like $2.2/L. But my car allowance has never been increased by a single cent before :(

One consideration is road tax as u r comparing cat a and cat b cars.
The price difference can be $600 or more just for road tax.

This will equate to $6000 over ten years.

Edited by Axela72
  • Praise 2

Thanks. I have compare it before.

QQ is cheapest in Road tax whereas Picasso is the most ex. However, Picasso is using diesel and best FC among the 3.

I estimated Forester will cost me ~$260 per month on petrol while Picasso will cost me ~ $120. This is like a difference ~$17k for a period of 10 year. Not to mention we have no idea how much petrol price will further increase for the coming next 10 yrs. 10 year ago, petrol price was like only $1.1/L now is like $2.2/L.

totally agree! Diesel is the way to go.. I would have gone the Picasso route if looking at FC.. Road tax wise, can easily save back from FC savings.. Moreover it's a futuristic looking handsome car. Great choice!
  • Praise 2

But it is from PI.

If you noticed in the Vezel thread, a lot posts were complaining that the PIs chut pattern.

Wondering why TS din't consider Honda Vezel.. best in it's class.. Good looks, FC easily 13-14/L, spacious and its a Honda. :)

• Praise 2

20k is kind of limit which I may need think twice then. I have no idea that diesel car have difference PM schedule and method. However, I do know that diesel does not require to change spark plug. Thanks for the head up.

btw, even my current petrol drive, I change my engine oil during every 7 to 8k period. 

prob will be closer to the 20k

for diesel u need change engine oil at 7500km max regardless of whatever euro grade engine it is, the soot is still a lot

the key is also to use engine oils which are low saps, usually the C3 ones, rare and expensive

When ppls mentioned expensive upkeep & maintenance, how much are we estimating?

If it is just 10k extra, I can live with it. If over 20k extra, then this car will be out from my equation to keep this mistress. [laugh]

It's not only the money. Can you afford the down time and the time to shuttle back and forth to get things fixed?

Also you are assuming that there will be no changes to special tax for the next 10 years. Being a minority chances are quite high that you might get screwed with a change of policy like the CNG guys.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

I understand where you are coming from. If I am so unlucky, regardless which car I get, even the most reliable brand, I will have pay more time and cost for the repair then others

It's not only the money. Can you afford the down time and the time to shuttle back and forth to get things fixed?

Also you are assuming that there will be no changes to special tax for the next 10 years. Being a minority chances are quite high that you might get screwed with a change of policy like the CNG guys.

I notice you list down the omv. Don't be tricked by thinking omv high means good hor. The cevs eats into your arf cos if you drive 10yrs your parf must minus the rebate amount.

See this link for info

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/motoring_buzz/Motoring_News/CEVS_rebates_may_impact_resale_value.html

So even though Forester is the lowest omv among the 3, you actually get back more at the end of the day. The C4 can forget it I siam far far cos 15K CEVS...LOL

But then Forester FC is highest cos in long run sama same or worst. You say you drive only 1k per month I suggest you get a lower cc car cos a 2.0 will burn more at heavy traffic. Forster 2.0 also got moomroof but the car sibeh ugly...unless you can wait for the facelift which look much better.

QQ looks like a good choice, handling also buay pai. But the gearbox issue is still the big problem. Sound system sucks too but I like the reverse cam. Bumpy ride too but can feel the handling.

C4? Look more like an expired chocolate mousse cake, all the eye candy looks delicious but scared stomachache in the long run.

Have you considered Honda HRV? I feel its the best choice if you willing to overlook all these cars. Its AD so you don't get crap from PI. Power not too bad and good FC.

Edited by Cantina
  • Praise 3

u should just discard all the above info out the window and look at the resale values b4 u decide

The word "resale value" did not exist nowadays.

Try trading in your car or approaching any used car dealers and you will know what I mean. They only look at paper value.

Just buy the cheapest car and drive.

You pay a premium for a Thaiyota, and when you try to sell it in the resale mkt, you are offered a meagre sum no diff from a Chery, Geely or Hafei.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

A sudden idea pop up in my mind by choosing the car that has highest total pt given. look at what is my result below:  [laugh]

4 pt means highest while 2 pt mean lowest:

Forester          C4         QQ

Performance:                 4                  3           2

Reliability:                      4                  2           3 

Look:                              2                 4           3

Cost to maintain:            2                 3           4

Total:                            12               12          12

Can I chim in here?

Because you don't consider each of the parameter equally, let me suggest an improvement to your preference "indicator" by giving a preference rating to each of the parameters.

Drawing from your posts, figured that you have certain preferences and I've taken the liberty and assigned weightages for you as such..

Performance - 10%

Reliability - 40%

Looks - 30%

Cost to maintain - 20%

And the end results are based on your initial ratings are....

Capture.png

QQ seems like the winner here!

Hope that helps.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Cboonh
  • Praise 1

Wow, that mean we should siam car with high Cevs instead to buy one. This Cevs made a false impression to let the car cost like similar price range as its peer but at the end of the day, it was taken back. In that case, there is no incentive for buyer to rush in to buy before Jul before the drop of Cevs. Seem like dealer has conned buyer to rush in to buy. Ty

Sorry, i hate any car from Honda AD. They have conned me thousand of dollar indirectly which i prefered not to discuss here.

I notice you list down the omv. Don't be tricked by thinking omv high means good hor. The cevs eats into your arf cos if you drive 10yrs your parf must minus the rebate amount.

See this link for info

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/motoring_buzz/Motoring_News/CEVS_rebates_may_impact_resale_value.html

So even though Forester is the lowest omv among the 3, you actually get back more at the end of the day. The C4 can forget it I siam far far cos 15K CEVS...LOL

But then Forester FC is highest cos in long run sama same or worst. You say you drive only 1k per month I suggest you get a lower cc car cos a 2.0 will burn more at heavy traffic. Forster 2.0 also got moomroof but the car sibeh ugly...unless you can wait for the facelift which look much better.

QQ looks like a good choice, handling also buay pai. But the gearbox issue is still the big problem. Sound system sucks too but I like the reverse cam. Bumpy ride too but can feel the handling.

C4? Look more like an expired chocolate mousse cake, all the eye candy looks delicious but scared stomachache in the long run.

Have you considered Honda HRV? I feel its the best choice if you willing to overlook all these cars. Its AD so you don't get crap from PI. Power not too bad and good FC.

• Praise 1

not entirely true

higher CEVS should make car cheaper = lower depreciation

IF only the dealer pass on the savings in CEVS to buyer

unfortunately, CEVS = dealer profit ... lol

ie: similar OMV and similar category car

Car A = no CEVS = price at $100k

Car B = with CEVS $10K = price at $90k (but dealer will price it at $100K, unless the OMV is much higher than Car A)

Wow, that mean we should siam car with high Cevs instead to buy one. This Cevs made a false impression to let the car cost like similar price range as its peer but at the end of the day, it was taken back. In that case, there is no incentive for buyer to rush in to buy before Jul before the drop of Cevs. Seem like dealer has conned buyer to rush in to buy. Ty

Sorry, i hate any car from Honda AD. They have conned me thousand of dollar indirectly which i prefered not to discuss here.

Edited by Wt_know

Can I chim in here?

Because you don't consider each of the parameter equally, let me suggest an improvement to your preference "indicator" by giving a preference rating to each of the parameters.

Drawing from your posts, figured that you have certain preferences and I've taken the liberty and assigned weightages for you as such..

Performance - 10%

Reliability - 40%

Looks - 30%

Cost to maintain - 20%

Capture.png

Hope that helps.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

This is a good point but got computation error for C4 and QQ reliability, should be 0.8and 0.6 respectively. So the winner is Forrester.

Edited by Alfc

Can I chim in here?

Performance - 10%

Reliability - 40%

Looks - 30%

Cost to maintain - 20%

Capture.png

Hope that helps. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Seem like there is some calculation error in the reliability indicator.

Think you like QQ more than TS....lol

Your table indicate Forester has the highest points... But you still ask him to choose QQ!

But after making amendment to the table.... QQ will score well...

↡ Advertisement