QQ, Forester or Picasso?

Axela72

Nissan Fairlady or GTR ah pek meh?

Prestige of coz is

Citreon > Nissan > Subaru

Subaru is ah beng car. Listen to the radio commercial. Can die man.

Nissan is like ah pek car. All their sedan looks like ah pek car (slphy, almera, cefiro, etc)

Citreon is known for being futurist in their design and vision.

Continental vs Jap. Haha.. of coz continental more prestige la.,

If not why people still die die want to buy VW?

↡ Advertisement

Hahaha.. GTC and fairlady are both coupe, not sedans.

Nissan Fairlady or GTR ah pek meh?

Haha... I said some people, not me bro.

It is true that car is a man's toy but a toy not a sex toy.  [smash]

hahaha ... but don't mistaken and have sex with your car hor ... lol

The word "resale value" did not exist nowadays.

Try trading in your car or approaching any used car dealers and you will know what I mean. They only look at paper value.

Just buy the cheapest car and drive.

You pay a premium for a Thaiyota, and when you try to sell it in the resale mkt, you are offered a meagre sum no diff from a Chery, Geely or Hafei.

At least with a toyota you can still sell it. With the China cars, you will be hard pressed to find someone to even take it. Dealers rather not tie up cash, even at scrap value on it and occupy one parking lot. Edited by Mkl22

Sorry, I don't get it. Thought Cevs for c4 is 15k. Do you mean that owner can still get back 11k after 10 years if the OMV is 22k? ty

fyi......

CEVS for C4 is neutral.

fyi......

CEVS for C4 is neutral.

I think TS is referring to diesel model. Which had a CEVS of $15k.

Yesterday ST just had a review on it.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Consider Mitsubishi ASX.

Made in Japan like Forester. So reliability likely ok.  Some more, ASX model came out quite long already so most reliability bugs should have been solved. (QQ made in UK with Renault engine; Picasso even more French).

ASX looks more modern than Forester.

FC also much better. 

Space decent. 

Price in today's paper very low but should be non-guaranteed COE price. With guarantee, should be around the budget for your other cars. 

Edited by jg2000

Sorry, I don't get it. Thought Cevs for c4 is 15k. Do you mean that owner can still get back 11k after 10 years if the OMV is 22k? ty

for some reason, i was told that cevs is neutral for both sorento and c4. Both are diesel variant.

maybe i heard wrongly....

Yes, I like the look on ASX but my OC don't give a damp even though we pass by the showroom next to Citroen when I ask her whether can we test drive. I check the photo from sgcarmart and I feel that ASX interior look plastic and drop the idea for this car.

Consider Mitsubishi ASX.

Made in Japan like Forester. So reliability likely ok.  Some more, ASX model came out quite long already so most reliability bugs should have been solved. (QQ made in UK with Renault engine; Picasso even more French).

ASX looks more modern than Forester.

FC also much better. 

Space decent. 

Price in today's paper very low but should be non-guaranteed COE price. With guarantee, should be around the budget for your other cars. 

QQ not even 1 year already has power loss.. with this kind of problem, down the road, I don't think it is reliable to withstand 10 years unless you have lots of $$$ and time to head to workshop.

Yes, I like the look on ASX but my OC don't give a damp even though we pass by the showroom next to Citroen when I ask her whether can we test drive. I check the photo from sgcarmart and I feel that ASX interior look plastic and drop the idea for this car.

Huh? Forester so ugly your wife ok but ASX bohchup? Woman is funny creatures.

Asx worth looking. If you can fork Abit more look at the outlander too!

Probably is due to the brand bah.

Forester not ugly if you compare with car in10 years ago. However, she accept Forester not due to aesthetic but because of its spacious

Obviously should go for Forester XT, for me.

Power loss sway sway during overtaking, think about.

Tested QQ, the rear passenger seat leg support is very flat, not comfort for taller passengers.

Go for XT if u want driving confidence and reliability. If go for look and comfort, Picasso is the choice.

Edited by Vyeron

FXT is horrible choice.

FC is bad, someone got 6km/l only.  [:/]

Looks aged. Plasticky interior. Ah beng image.

Many Forester drivers also complain that the car rubber quality at the boot is losing its shape. AWD is a waste of petrol. 

'I' mode, 'S' mode or 'S#' is all nonsense. Just some throttle controller. Why would anyone who drive FXT drive in 'I' mode? Might as well drive Forest NA.

QQ is good but now questionable becoz of the power loss issue.

So far only the C4 is problem free. My colleagues who own it say it is good and diesel is a super cheap on the pocket.

Citroen looks good and in this day and age. After 10 yrs, still look modern.

Reliability is heng or sway. Which brand never have lemon model before?

Obviously should go for Forester XT, for me.
Power loss sway sway during overtaking, think about.
Tested QQ, the rear passenger seat leg support is very flat, not comfort for taller passengers.
Go for XT if u want driving confidence and reliability. If go for look and comfort, Picasso is the choice.

Forester got a lot of chrome. Sibei ugly but then hor, outlander is chrome galore.  [lipsrsealed]

Thanks. I have compare it before.

QQ is cheapest in Road tax whereas Picasso is the most ex. However, Picasso is using diesel and best FC among the 3.

I estimated Forester will cost me ~$260 per month on petrol while Picasso will cost me ~ $120. This is like a difference ~$17k for a period of 10 year. Not to mention we have no idea how much petrol price will further increase for the coming next 10 yrs. 10 year ago, petrol price was like only $1.1/L now is like $2.2/L. But my car allowance has never been increased by a single cent before :(

Hmm... for Forester... S$260 per month is kinda low. Expect to set aside about S$350 to S$400. That's for about 40 to 50km a day of travel.

• Praise 1

Yes, I like the look on ASX but my OC don't give a damp even though we pass by the showroom next to Citroen when I ask her whether can we test drive. I check the photo from sgcarmart and I feel that ASX interior look plastic and drop the idea for this car.

My friend got the ASX a few months back... they are quite happy with their ASX. Not a lot of ASX on the road in SG but it's quite popular in Australia. So it's less common than vezel, QQ or forester... why go with the trend?

Pictures from website can only tell you so much, you have to actually see it. 

Edited by majere_r

Thx, but that is if Performance is only 1/3 of the other 3. If it is 1/2 or 2/3, the result might skew again. This is the grey area that I couldn't fix the figure. As for QQ, I am not sure will or when will the safety issue be fixed. If it is fixed before I buy, then its safety is not a concerns anymore. 

If all the 3 are equivalent based on final scoring, I might need to add on more indices to compare. that is why later, I ask which brand is more prestige :)

Note: If I will to rate Performance as only 1/3 of importance against the rest, I would probably not classify it as an indices for measure in the 1st place :D

Hmmm.. you may want to include safety ratings (like NCAP ratings) and no. of seats/spaciousness (if you need want to include it) as part of your equation too.

FXT is horrible choice.

FC is bad, someone got 6km/l only.  [:/]

Looks aged. Plasticky interior. Ah beng image.

Many Forester drivers also complain that the car rubber quality at the boot is losing its shape. AWD is a waste of petrol. 

'I' mode, 'S' mode or 'S#' is all nonsense. Just some throttle controller. Why would anyone who drive FXT drive in 'I' mode? Might as well drive Forest NA.

QQ is good but now questionable becoz of the power loss issue.

So far only the C4 is problem free. My colleagues who own it say it is good and diesel is a super cheap on the pocket.

Citroen looks good and in this day and age. After 10 yrs, still look modern.

Reliability is heng or sway. Which brand never have lemon model before?

Forester got a lot of chrome. Sibei ugly but then hor, outlander is chrome galore.  [lipsrsealed]

Citroen is quite good... my friend bought a diesel citroen as their main car and A Class Merc as their 2nd car. 

Maintenance and parts are relatively cheaper :)

Seems like the FC for Citroen and go from SG to KL and back to SG on a single tank with some to spare too

Yalor. Citroen so far all good review.

Hmmm.. you may want to include safety ratings (like NCAP ratings) and no. of seats/spaciousness (if you need want to include it) as part of your equation too.

Citroen is quite good... my friend bought a diesel citroen as their main car and A Class Merc as their 2nd car. 

Maintenance and parts are relatively cheaper :)

Seems like the FC for Citroen and go from SG to KL and back to SG on a single tank with some to spare too

↡ Advertisement