Which Sushi brand and model?

Nlatio

I see, thanks. 

I need to clarify that I do not push Sylphy (whichever version).

The sss thread already died more than half year ago and I have not bumped or updated it. I am still looking for another fellow driver and expanded my search to the other continents. Thailand has only just launch it (Sylphy 1.6 dig-t) while Australia (pulsar sss sedan) did in April 2015. I don't speak Thai but Australian reviews were non-raving. There's a facelift for B17 coming so maybe there will no longer be such a turbo variant.

I was openly critical of all the negative things things I felt about the car in this forum. Thats just my style. You want to focus on the bad things. The good things take care of themselves. 

The 1.6t sylphy is not a bad car, just not price competitive or really stand out in any general area like sporty, comfort, luxury, etc. It is abit of everything. Japanese-brand, reliable, powerful, spacious c-segment sedan for the family man with a bit more budget and like something special. Of cos, we have the 1.5t civic coming soon. I was going to comment in that thread that it will die like the sylphy 1.6t, but maybe the civic name is a diff pedigree.

I never ask people to buy the 1.6t sylphy. But if you read the specs and find it interesting, please go and test drive it at Tan Chong. I believe they still sell it, just less price competitive now due to 5k cevs penalty. Who knows you may find that it ticks the most number of boxes for you, like it did for me. 

Ha, baal was recommending the slyphy 1.8 so much, so i said he must be you in disguise  [;)]

but he pointed out yours is the SSS, not the standard 1.8 Lol.

↡ Advertisement

I see, thanks. 

The sss thread already died more than half year ago and I have not bumped or updated it. I am still looking for another fellow driver and expanded my search to the other continents. Thailand has only just launch it (Sylphy 1.6 dig-t) while Australia (pulsar sss sedan) did in April 2015. I don't speak Thai but Australian reviews were non-raving. There's a facelift for B17 coming so maybe there will no longer be such a turbo variant.

I was openly critical of all the negative things things I felt about the car in this forum. Thats just my style. You want to focus on the bad things. The good things take care of themselves. 

The 1.6t sylphy is not a bad car, just not price competitive or really stand out in any general area like sporty, comfort, luxury, etc. It is abit of everything. Japanese-brand, reliable, powerful, spacious c-segment sedan for the family man with a bit more budget and like something special. Of cos, we have the 1.5t civic coming soon. I was going to comment in that thread that it will die like the sylphy 1.6t, but maybe the civic name is a diff pedigree.

I never ask people to buy the 1.6t sylphy. But if you read the specs and find it interesting, please go and test drive it at Tan Chong. I believe they still sell it, just less price competitive now due to 5k cevs penalty. Who knows you may find that it ticks the most number of boxes for you, like it did for me. 

No problem dude. I loved your review of your car!  [smash]

I see, thanks. 

The problem with SSS is timing.

Those who can afford to buy new cars then, pay a "little" bit more, they get C180 or 316.

It will sell well if TCM re-position it correctly, now.

The problem with SSS is timing.

Those who can afford to buy new cars then, pay a "little" bit more, they get C180 or 316.

It will sell well if TCM re-position it correctly, now.

It's ok to own niche cars if u know what u like.

My car, when i see one on the road, i can almost always bet it's a malaysian plate.  [laugh]

My car, when i see one on the road, i can almost always bet it's a malaysian plate.  [laugh]

Since when Accord become a niche car?.....  [sweatdrop]

you will see a lot in the next 2 years.

Since when Accord become a niche car?.....  [sweatdrop]

you will see a lot in the next 2 years.

it's still the most expensive of the 3 (teana and camry).

I've seen a few new camry around, very very few new teanas, accord is like an albino pigeon hehe

And If i'm to be honest, the harrier is probably a bigger draw than all 3 of them. 

it's still the most expensive of the 3 (teana and camry).

I've seen a few new camry around, very very few new teanas, accord is like an albino pigeon hehe

And If i'm to be honest, the harrier is probably a bigger draw than all 3 of them. 

Agreed. I have suddenly notice an increase number of Harrier on the road. 

From far I thought it was a Vezel. Haha

haha, that resonates with me, I see more malaysian plate than sg plate accord here. Ratio is like 2:1.

The current accord is one of my fav car despite not getting it. 

If u req good fc & freezin aircon sushi...Altis liao. My jazz aircon aint that great.

Am wondering why many say various cars air-con not strong enough???

I have sat in various car brands/models in Singapore/Malaysia (from Proton to BMW) and all have no problem.

Could it be the "Auto" mode is being used for the air-con?

If so, guaranteed not strong because Auto will start off with strong fan and then when temperatue goes down to the required temperature, the fan speed is auto reduced - which in Singapore will become hot for those people sitting behind, especially if sun is shining in on them (even with solar film).

Only way to make sure car air-con is strong in Singapore is switch OFF the Auto mode and just set the fan speed manually.  In hot afternoons, I will usually set fan speed higher and it will be nice and strong and no complaints from the back.

Also, other things need to make sure to set correctly:

- don't open up the feet or windscreen air-con vents or dash-top vents (cold air wasted there, and in the end, air from front vent not strong enough to reach behind) - only open the dash-front vents

- make sure air is on re-circulation mode (if mode is open to outside air instead, guarantee hot air come in to mix with your air-con and sure not cold)

- set temperature correctly (say, 24 degree?)

- don't accidentally close off the front vents (there are on/off "switches" for the vents)

- blow up to shoulder level at least (will cover both front and back passengers); don't blow just to your body in front (cold air can't penetrate you and the front chair to go to the back).

- don't aim all the vents to the driver (then only he get cold air, everyone else don't have) - spread it out to cover left and right

- if after a few years, air-con leak or spoilt, need to repair (no choice) but you can tell if this is needed - if before you do all the above and air con is strong and cold but only lately, not cold, then air-con spoiling

If all above done, don't see why any car in Singapore got problem having nice strong air-con.

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 2

My honda thermostat 22, manual fan speed 2 = my altis thermostat 26, fan speed 1.

In fact, the first year, i never went above 26.5. Just increase fan speed that's all.

LOL.

For the first few years of me owning the car, my wife switched the AC to 27 degrees at night so that she won't have to wear a jacket.

I agree though, i use manual control for all my AC. They tend to use the fan too much initially when controlled by the thermostat.

Am wondering why many say various cars air-con not strong enough???

I have sat in various car brands/models in Singapore/Malaysia (from Proton to BMW) and all have no problem.

Could it be the "Auto" mode is being used for the air-con?

If so, guaranteed not strong because Auto will start off with strong fan and then when temperatue goes down to the required temperature, the fan speed is auto reduced - which in Singapore will become hot for those people sitting behind, especially if sun is shining in on them (even with solar film).

Only way to make sure car air-con is strong in Singapore is switch OFF the Auto mode and just set the fan speed manually.  In hot afternoons, I will usually set fan speed higher and it will be nice and strong and no complaints from the back.

Also, other things need to make sure to set correctly:

- don't open up the feet or windscreen air-con vents or dash-top vents (cold air wasted there, and in the end, air from front vent not strong enough to reach behind) - only open the dash-front vents

- make sure air is on re-circulation mode (if mode is open to outside air instead, guarantee hot air come in to mix with your air-con and sure not cold)

- set temperature correctly (say, 24 degree?)

- don't accidentally close off the front vents (there are on/off "switches" for the vents)

- blow up to shoulder level at least (will cover both front and back passengers); don't blow just to your body in front (cold air can't penetrate you and the front chair to go to the back).

- don't aim all the vents to the driver (then only he get cold air, everyone else don't have) - spread it out to cover left and right

- if after a few years, air-con leak or spoilt, need to repair (no choice) but you can tell if this is needed - if before you do all the above and air con is strong and cold but only lately, not cold, then air-con spoiling

If all above done, don't see why any car in Singapore got problem having nice strong air-con.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

It aint great aircon for the honda. But still ok. Ya, i also use manual set to 2/7 at 24 or 25 degrees. Blow straight only. Weekend with 4 in the car n during hot late morning n afternoons will b 23 degrees set at 3/7 bars.

Not that the rest suck, but altis aircon like specially geared for asia's hot humid weather. Lol.

On really hot days i will go 4 bars.

• Praise 4

anyway i drove the mz3 1.5 standard yesterday.

Kinda disappointed cos i thought it would have a very nice feel to drive.

Maybe used to executive sedan category, so more negative comments now lol.

Engine noise/sound proofing substantially poorer than the mz6 and competitors. Road noise is actually ok. Definitely will benefit from some soundproofing.

Actually the drive itself was also pretty meh. Steering feel is ok... not the sharpness i felt when i drove it's bigger brother.

Transmission and engine not very refined. Have to say the elantra i drove before is better.

Surprisingly, the sedan rear legroom is ok and decent. The HB rear headroom is pathetic. Really need to be a shorty to feel comfortable there.

Edited by Lala81

Hmmm.... no concrete rides to get as of now... other than vezel which probably cannot test drive,may pop by to test slphy and xv bah.... hopefully will help with the decision which to get at a later date...

How about the Chevrolet Malibu?

Totally not familiar..haaa.... need to read up... but we prefer sushi... kekekeke

:excl: 

How about the Chevrolet Malibu?

This car is very value for $$$,it even got "Best Family Car" award,2 years ago,beating Mazda 6 & Honda Accord,but how many we see on the road.?? [bigcry] More rare than Rolls Royce & Bentley.. [:p] .

This car is very value for $$$,it even got "Best Family Car" award,2 years ago,beating Mazda 6 & Honda Accord,but how many we see on the road.?? [bigcry] More rare than Rolls Royce & Bentley.. [:p] .

is huge! but i think FC will be a major issue :P