Renault Fluence 1.5 dci

Sopskysalat

Sometimes it make sense, warrenty means they replace your parts and take ur spoilt parts to claim for a new one.

If your spoilt parts isnt original or by AD, how do they claim for you?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Yup, I read Wearnes and AutoFrance both didn't sign the outside workshop agreement.

Just hit 40k, had front brake pads replaced at Wearnes. $150 incl labour GST all.

Of course not as cheap as outside workshop for Jap car but not that chop carrot either.

Oh really? Didn't know that... is that even an option? I thought it's law now? Or is it just a suggestion from the anti-competition body?

Thanks! Any recommended workshop for Renault in SG/JB?

Hi Bro, you got your 60KKM servicing done?

• Praise 1

Anyone did servicing at wearnes recently? Tried to book but next available slot is 18 days away. Is that normal?

Anyone did servicing at wearnes recently? Tried to book but next available slot is 18 days away. Is that normal?

Did mine at Leng Kee 2 months back. Not that bad, only need a few days' notice.

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call instead of booking via the web. 

Any idea what does the 3 years free servicing means? Only labor while the standard stuff like engine oil, filters etc needs to be paid? And does it extend to 2nd owner?

Did mine at Leng Kee 2 months back. Not that bad, only need a few days' notice.

Just called in. Next svcing date is 14 aug, more than 2 weeks away. Quite surprised especially when i still dun see many new meganes and scenics on the rd. They have open up their jurong wrkshop to non commercial vehicles to cope with the servicing load.

Just called in. Next svcing date is 14 aug, more than 2 weeks away. Quite surprised especially when i still dun see many new meganes and scenics on the rd. They have open up their jurong wrkshop to non commercial vehicles to cope with the servicing load.

Did you try using the booking system online ? Just went in and there are slots as early as Jul30 that is available for booking.

You mean the Jln Pesawat one ? Was told you could book there too if you want 2 yrs back, so its not a recent thing.

Oh really? Didn't know that... is that even an option? I thought it's law now? Or is it just a suggestion from the anti-competition body?

Unfortunately yes, it seems to be a suggestion rather than law.

Well, for me, I don't mind. The mileage I drive, I probably save enough money anyway to make up the diff (vs. 1.6 petrol car.) Hitting 60k next week.

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call instead of booking via the web.

Any idea what does the 3 years free servicing means? Only labor while the standard stuff like engine oil, filters etc needs to be paid? And does it extend to 2nd owner?

They base on 10k or every 6 mths whichever comes first, so it's actually 2 x 3 yrs = 6 servicings total (or up to 60k nia if you drive a lot like me.)

Good thing is that it covers both parts and labour. I like that they include the timing belt (replaced at 60k mark), and battery warranty is 2 yrs.

(edited)

Guys, many thanks for the info. Especially on the timing belt, can save a lot if wearnes don't charge for that part. Going to do 60KKM servicing.

Yes I did went online to book. But the available slots shown is not accurate. When I selected the date which is next Monday or Tuesday, I received an email from wearnes saying they will process the request. Once they processed the request, I received an sms of the confirmed date, which is close to mid August.

Edited by paaa

Guys, many thanks for the info. Especially on the timing belt, can save a lot if wearnes don't charge for that part. Going to do 60KKM servicing.

Yes I did went online to book. But the available slots shown is not accurate. When I selected the date which is next Monday or Tuesday, I received an email from wearnes saying they will process the request. Once they processed the request, I received an sms of the confirmed date, which is close to mid August.

woah ! Looks like sales must be doing quite well then to be so busy. Maybe not Renault, perhaps its Volvo ? They share the same workshop behind their showrooms.

(edited)

woah ! Looks like sales must be doing quite well then to be so busy. Maybe not Renault, perhaps its Volvo ? They share the same workshop behind their showrooms.

Actually the latest Grand Scenic is doing quite well now, according to my SE. I think she can be believed, there are many on the roads compared to even the Fluence. I see at least 2 a day.
  • Praise 1

sorry... don't wish to stir s**t... but this car cfm by my last renault.

so many issues in only few yrs, aircon compressor, HU, gearbox, brakes, sometime got fix sometime fix a few sometime never fix seems to depends on agent mood. most gao lat is the gearbox clutch, about 5k to replace.

their servicing not cheap also btw

no more French car for me

• Praise 2

so many issues in only few yrs, aircon compressor, HU, gearbox, brakes, sometime got fix sometime fix a few sometime never fix seems to depends on agent mood. most gao lat is the gearbox clutch, about 5k to replace.

Oh dear... you seem to have gotten a lemon?

My Dad's car is almost 3 years old and about 50,000 km... no such issues so far... thankfully...

Care to give us more details? Like the age and mileage of your car? And what the faults were and how did Wearnes respond? They seem quite a good dealer so far...

Looking forward to your reply... thanks!

• Praise 1

I totally shared your sentiment...

My engineer bought a 4.5yr, low mileage (55kkm) used Laguna...sold at scrap after 2 yrs of painful ownership.

Beside that sweet 2L turbo engine, all others start to fall apart...flacking paint on plastic, loosen fabric at doors & cabin top, aircon, alternator, keyless card cannot read by slot, happy-happy light-up a spanner ask to be checked..

For those will sell car after short term, can try.. [lipsrsealed]

For those will hold ride for longer term, can don't buy, don't buy.. :slow:

• Praise 3

My megane rs no issues too after 2years. Just ac compressor need replacement. Irony is that is a Japanese part. Wearnes change it for free under warranty. 5 year warranty. Has been a joy driving my rs275 so far. Engaging driver car that is super rare. Only 2 here.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1