Renault Fluence 1.5 dci

Sopskysalat

(edited)

Let me rephrase - there are not many French cars with renewed COEs on the road.

Indeed..

Did a search on golf who renewed coe and turned out there are tons

Edited by Dannnn
↡ Advertisement

Check sgcarmart for Renaults with renewed COE - only 1.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing.php?VEH=2&MOD=renault&RPG=20&RGD=10&AVL=2

That's a very strong hint on its reliability.

That's just a very small sample... by no means an indicator...

A better indicator perhaps might be the few hundred or thousand Renault Latitude taxis still running around...

There aren't many Renault cars on SG road to begin with. LTA has info on new cars registration by make. In 2015, Volkswagen has 10 times more new cars than Renault. Likewise, Toyota has more cars on SG road than Volkswagen. Generally French cars aren't popular in SG. But I believe Renault has improved after their marriage to Nissan. Many Nissan Van using Renault engine. I've spoken to a Latitude cabby once. He has been driving his Latitude for 6 years with mileage over 600KKM. Other than the usual wear and tear replacement considering his super high mileage, he has no complain about the car. 

Anyway, their newer models, exterior and interior looks good. Friends who sat or viewed the Fluence, Megan, Grand Scenic, were impressed. There seems to be an uptick in sales. A few times I needed to wait for more than 2 weeks for servicing appointment. Recently they have added a new workshop and it helped relieve the waiting time. 

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Just got my 2nd hand Fluence on 7th May, not in a tip top condition. Having boot unable to open, suspected flywheel issue as claimed by salesman. Hopefully is not. It doesnt seem like. There is steering fault Red Alert message popping out and beep beep sound when car on stationary. Any encounter the faulty steering message? 

Edited by Michaelpeh21
↡ Advertisement