Recommend good and cheap vet for terrapin

Solar

Turbocharged

This morning found my baby terrapin got a big swell on each of its cheeks.

Did a google it is likely some infection which a surgery is needed to remove the swelling.

Does anyone got lobang for a cheap and good vet that can perform the procedure?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Did a google it is likely some infection which a surgery is needed to remove the swelling.

Many years ago, when I still have the Terrapins, I brought it to the vet at Stevens Road due to some eye problem. Not exactly cheap, more ex than a GP.

But that's the least I can do for my pet of many years.

Good luck.

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Many years ago, when I still have the Terrapins, I brought it to the vet at Stevens Road due to some eye problem. Not exactly cheap, more ex than a GP.

But that's the least I can do for my pet of many years.

Good luck.

Thanks bro, got name or address? GP price still okay lah.. Those in overseas forums cost hundreds..

If there is no other option, at least can try them.. Heard horror stories about one at Jalan Kayu.. Hopefully the little one don't die at the hands of inexperienced vets..

Turbocharged

Go JB lor [grin]

I anyhow say one

I don't have pet

Got good one recommendation I don't mind traveling there.. Clearing leave next week anyway :-)

Thanks bro, got name or address? GP price still okay lah.. Those in overseas forums cost hundreds..

If there is no other option, at least can try them.. Heard horror stories about one at Jalan Kayu.. Hopefully the little one don't die at the hands of inexperienced vets..

wow..did not know JK got such horror story. Maybe time for me to jump ship to another vet.

Any recommendation at east side?

East side Lorong L Telok Kurau (Bright Centre), Dr Hsu Li Cheh [thumbsup]

Been in practice for decades and best of all, won't anyhow ketok. My Yorkie goes to him for 13 years liao.

• Praise 1

Think he sees aquatic creatures too as I've seen terrapin med at the counter shelve. He is also President of Singapore Betta (fighting fish) Association or something...don't know if he still is as of now.

Al the best to your terrapin and hope it gets well soon [flowerface]

Edited by Chickenfarm
  • Praise 2

East side Lorong L Telok Kurau (Bright Centre), Dr Hsu Li Cheh [thumbsup]

Been in practice for decades and best of all, won't anyhow ketok. My Yorkie goes to him for 13 years liao.

Thanks bro Chickenfarm for the heads up. :a-good:

Sorry Bro, I don't have the address or name, many years ago, forgotten already.

but the location is PIE towards Jurong exit Stevens road, than immediately on the right side. very easy to find.

Good luck and hope your pet get well soon.

• Praise 4

Vets nowadays charge quite a lot , more than GP's everytime mine goes in costs about min $150 with some basic medication   (must be they think we all got PG or CHAS cards or what??)

Mine is Toa Payoh Vets run by father and son team; Son is more approachable and pleasant   

Good Luck to your terrapin; 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

thanks guys for your recommendations.  [thumbsup]

i think the baby is already having this issue when we purchased it not too long ago, just that we didn't notice until recently.

since it's our pet already... it's well being is our responsibility.. and it's also an education to my kids not to take living beings lightly, even though they may be cheap to bring home. 

• Praise 6

thanks guys for your recommendations.  [thumbsup]

i think the baby is already having this issue when we purchased it not too long ago, just that we didn't notice until recently.

since it's our pet already... it's well being is our responsibility.. and it's also an education to my kids not to take living beings lightly, even though they may be cheap to bring home. 

Since you got it from Pet Shop maybe they can tell you what is the issue as they do have knowledge about animals

Yes Pets are no cheaper than our own kids, nowadays and pets are like our own kids.... be it whatever animal form  

Turbocharged

Since you got it from Pet Shop maybe they can tell you what is the issue as they do have knowledge about animals

Yes Pets are no cheaper than our own kids, nowadays and pets are like our own kids.... be it whatever animal form  

they probably not know... it's an ah beng shop near a market...

just move on and fix the swell  [;)]