Victor68

The greatest changes make to the facelifted Sharan would be:

1) Engine

- Use 3rd generation EA888 2.0 TSI

- 20ps (10%) more horsepower @220ps

- 70Nm (25%) more torque @350Nm

2) Dash layout

- 2nd generation infotainment system with "App-connect"

- New steering wheel (as with the newer VW model)

3) New technology (most likely will be standard for Sharan hitting our shore Q1 next year)

- Adaptive cruise control

- Post-collision brake system

- Blind spot monitor

- Rear traffic alert

- Lane assist

I think they are rushing for the new Touran in Q1 instead of Sharan.

if PI is acceptable, can look at Toyota Esquire/Voxy/Noah. IMO, they are far better than Wish/Stream in terms of space and configuration.

pricing wish, i think they are now selling at $140k+/-. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I am 1.8m and Wish 3rd row seems more comfortable for me... back in 2007.

Perhaps the newer Stream models are much better than Wish - for it's 3rd row.

Maybe new model. I tried the 2008 stream and wish. 

I am 1.8m and Wish 3rd row seems more comfortable for me... back in 2007.

Perhaps the newer Stream models are much better than Wish - for it's 3rd row.

with the low floor and the seats the feel is better as compare to wish. just issue is the loiw head room when entering it feel little harder.

• Praise 1

IMO, space should be one of the top priority for MPV buyer (and basis for comparison), follow by price and/or performance. For easy reference, here are the new 6/7/8/9 seater MPV available on our shore, or coming soon*.

Compact (~4.3m)

Honda Freed 1.5

Honda Mobilio 1.5

Toyota Sienta 1.5 / 1.5H

Toyota Avanza 1.5

Mid-Size (~4.5 -4.6m)

BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer 1.6D

Chevrolet Orlando 1.4T

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 1.6D / 1.6T

Honda Jade 1.5H / 1.5T

Kia Carens 2.0

Mazda 5 2.0

Opel Zafira Tourer 1.4T

Peugeot 5008 1.6D

Renault Grand Scenic 1.5D

Toyota Isis 1.8

Toyota Prius Alpha 1.8H

Toyota Wish 1.8

VW Touran 1.4T

Boxy / In-Between (~4.7m)

Honda Stepwgn 1.5T

Mazda Biante 2.0

Nissan Serena 2.0H

Toyota Esquire 1.8H / 2.0

Toyota Noah 1.8H / 2.0

Toyota Voxy 1.8H / 2.0

Full Size (4.8m - 4.9m)

Ford S-Max*

Honda Odyssey 2.4

Mazda 8 2.3

Renault Grand Espace*

Ssangyong Stavic 2.0D

Toyota Estima / Previa 2.4 / 2.4H

VW Sharan 2.0T

Large Size / Luxury (>4.9m)

Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.8D

Mercedes Benz V-Class 2.2D

Nissan Elgrand 2.5

Toyota Alphard 2.5

Toyota Vellfire 2.5

Thanks for the summary
  • Praise 1

Heard interest rates of all banks oredi 2.78%. Slowly creeping up with fed likely to increase rates this month.

Yup, was also informed by my SE of this move which compelled me to buy a car now rather than later. I believe only KM's finance co is the only one left offering 1.88%. A difference of 0.5% over 5 years (11.4% vs 13.9%) could make quite a difference depending on the loan amount. [dizzy]

Yup, was also informed by my SE of this move which compelled me to buy a car now rather than later. I believe only KM's finance co is the only one left offering 1.88%. A difference of 0.5% over 5 years (11.4% vs 13.9%) could make quite a difference depending on the loan amount. [dizzy]

This is just the start of Rock n roll... 0.5 per quarter increase will be about 2% per year....by end 2016.

Wohooooo..

Do your sums n u will understand.. Based on 100k loan, u will be paying 10k more in interest based on 5 yr loan.. Worth to wait for Coe to come down? Or will it come down morecthan 10k ??? Nobody knows. Do your own maths.

This is just the start of Rock n roll... 0.5 per quarter increase will be about 2% per year....by end 2016.

Wohooooo..

Do your sums n u will understand.. Based on 100k loan, u will be paying 10k more in interest based on 5 yr loan.. Worth to wait for Coe to come down? Or will it come down morecthan 10k ??? Nobody knows. Do your own maths.

Good, the interest will make it even harder for people to buy cars.  The combination of increasing supply and increasing price will see a significant fall in COE as car dealers adjust price to account for the higher interest rates.  Just exactly like what they did to account for change in CEVS.

Twincharged

Wohooooo..

People should just start to buy cars that they can afford rather than taking loan. Its stupid to take loan to buy a luxury item.

In taiwan there are at least a few more MPVs than here.

The few i saw which made an impression are:

Luxgen

Toyota Sienna

Got some Ford model with sliding doors one… (Almost the size of Galaxy here, which would be good)...

wow - 26km/L

Thats pretty amazing if really true.

Large toyota/lexus saloon hybrid only around 16-18km/L.....and this ody hybrid is large mpv!

More importantly is that it will provide faster pickup/low end torque.

heh

People should just start to buy cars that they can afford rather than taking loan. Its stupid to take loan to buy a luxury item.

Disagree. It will be better off using that money to invest in higher returns products. Leverage is great.

Full cash settlement is only good for people who don't know what to do with their money.

Edited by Weez911

Twincharged

Disagree. It will be better off using that money to invest in higher returns products. Leverage is great.

Full cash settlement is only good for people who don't know what to do with their money.

Depends on individual preferences. For me, I find a car a luxury. I wouldn't buy a car if it is going to impact my finances significantly enough that I have to reduce my investments in other areas or if I have to take a long time to save up for it. This is why my family's cars are all cheap B&B cars.

↡ Advertisement